Dublin vs Donegal Croke Park 7/2/15

Started by donegal lad, February 06, 2015, 03:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

After a good display against a strong Cork team last week, I think the Dubs will shade it tonight.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

J70

"Niall McGee"???

The lad is a three time All Star who has been playing for Donegal for 8 or 9 years, and Setanta can't even get his name right.

Muppets.

Student Dissertation

Any links to the game lads? I have one for Meath Kildare but it ain't pretty!

J70

Decent first half. Both teams with some very poor wides and, Donegal in particular, a bit sloppy with the passes at times.

Probably another goal or two in this.

BennyCake

I hope Maurice Deegan is wearing a bullet proof vest. He's gonna need it.

J70

Bad tempered game in the end. Dublin deserved the win though. They took their chances. Donegal didn't. Too much messing around and running into tackles in the center of the Dublin half-back line.

StephenC

Good win for a largely second string Dublin team. Gavin will be pleased. Thought there was good pace to the game although the 2nd half got very messy once it was clear that Deegan was doing interval refereeing. Poor decision making and some bad wides cost us. Great 2nd goal from Dublin.

easytiger95

Bad tempered. Cynical. Overly physical.

Bloody good game though.

Very proud of the "second string" - given that we we really didn't have a settled half back line last year, i would think that someone like John Small could be a potential champo starter.

Deegan was a bit of a joke, though at least he was equally bad to both teams. But the throw up after he got hit with the handpass was ridiculous, unless there is a specific rule stating that play must stop if the ball hits the ref - haven't heard of it before?

Captain Obvious

No panel close to the strength of Dublin and they are the team to beat for the next ten years.

INDIANA

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 07, 2015, 09:57:02 PM
No panel close to the strength of Dublin and they are the team to beat for the next ten years.

I Wouldn't under-estimate how poor Donegal were at times today. Rory Kavanagh looks a big loss. Why you haven't promoted some more of the minors looks a mystery

Main Street

Quote from: easytiger95 on February 07, 2015, 09:50:37 PM
't have a settled half back line last year, i would think that someone like John Small could be a potential champo starter.

Deegan was a bit of a joke, though at least he was equally bad to both teams. But the throw up after he got hit with the handpass was ridiculous, unless there is a specific rule stating that play must stop if the ball hits the ref - haven't heard of it before?
Re your question about the rules
rule 2.10 if the ball touches any non player during play, play is restarted by throwing in the ball etc etc

Deegan got it spot on yet again,   unlike his critics  :)

larryin89

Quote from: Main Street on February 07, 2015, 10:11:34 PM
't have a settled half back line last year, i would think that someone like John Small could be a potential champo starter.

rule 2.10 if the ball touches any non player during play, play is restarted by throwing in the ball etc etc

Rule book needs tearing up and changed .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

bannside

Deegan had a great game under the circumstances. Only a league game but one no team wanted to lose. Donegal took sledging and slabberin to the high level they have become accustomed to. Just ask some of the teams/players they have played against.

Dubs second stream see off practically full strength Donegal. Not revenge for 14, but a good start. Writing back on the wall.

Main Street

Quote from: larryin89 on February 07, 2015, 10:42:50 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 07, 2015, 10:11:34 PM

Rule book needs tearing up and changed .
Well Larry,  what can one reply to such a declaration of ............questionable intelligence?
Deegan got it right,  but you claim what he got right was not actually right because the rule book is defective,  not just defective but totally defective, rip it up you say. It is an unfortunate aspect of the game that refs do have to put up with most nonsensical criticism from outright looney sources.