Geraghty & Fay - New Twist, Harnan and Callaghan Step Down as selectors

Started by The Claw, May 20, 2011, 01:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 21, 2011, 09:28:24 AM
Panic stations in meath? Oh dear.

When is colm o rourke going to tog.

I tell ya one thing, this may smack of desperation from the Royals but if Val was to ask Larry Reilly back at the moment I wouldn't disagree one bit after seeing him a few weeks ago.

Hardy

mylestheslasher

Quote from: boojangles on May 21, 2011, 10:45:06 AM

I tell ya one thing, this may smack of desperation from the Royals but if Val was to ask Larry Reilly back at the moment I wouldn't disagree one bit after seeing    him a few weeks ago.

You don't ask Larry back, Larry goes back when he feels like it! Anyway Larry is to geraghty what pele is to Gary breen. :D

thejuice

QuoteSeamus McEnaney has no reservations about his decision to recall Graham Geraghty to the Meath SF squad.

Meath's 1999 All-Ireland wining captain hasn't lined out at intercounty level for three years but Monaghan native McEnaney caused a sensation on Friday by recalling the 38-year-old.

Explaining the thinking behind the surprise move, McEnaney told The Irish Examiner: "For me, if a player is good enough, he's good enough.

"It doesn't matter whether he's young or old, I'm not looking for birth certs. I'm looking for good players.

"Graham has shown a good bit of form with his club and he's going to get an opportunity over the next few weeks to see if he is still up to this level."

Plenty of great young lads playing junior football who should be getting a chance instead I think. There's a lad thats local to us who has played for the county all the way up to minors, can knock a ball over the bar from anywhere but wont get a shot at th seniors because he's too small or if you believe the politics because he wont move to a senior club like Skryne or Trim. Its a pity that lads who want to represent their local team don't get a look in.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

INDIANA

Quote from: thejuice on May 21, 2011, 12:24:41 PM
QuoteSeamus McEnaney has no reservations about his decision to recall Graham Geraghty to the Meath SF squad.

Meath's 1999 All-Ireland wining captain hasn't lined out at intercounty level for three years but Monaghan native McEnaney caused a sensation on Friday by recalling the 38-year-old.

Explaining the thinking behind the surprise move, McEnaney told The Irish Examiner: "For me, if a player is good enough, he's good enough.

"It doesn't matter whether he's young or old, I'm not looking for birth certs. I'm looking for good players.

"Graham has shown a good bit of form with his club and he's going to get an opportunity over the next few weeks to see if he is still up to this level."

Plenty of great young lads playing junior football who should be getting a chance instead I think. There's a lad thats local to us who has played for the county all the way up to minors, can knock a ball over the bar from anywhere but wont get a shot at th seniors because he's too small or if you believe the politics because he wont move to a senior club like Skryne or Trim. Its a pity that lads who want to represent their local team don't get a look in.

If they have something to offer why not. Too much made of birth certs these days.

thejuice

Your right there, I wonder is Obama getting a run out? He timed his visit well. Will he be fit for the 1st weekend of June though?

They won the challenge match last night handily enough by all accounts. Will take a win in a challenge match even at this stage.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

muppet

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 21, 2011, 11:27:16 AM
Quote from: boojangles on May 21, 2011, 10:45:06 AM

I tell ya one thing, this may smack of desperation from the Royals but if Val was to ask Larry Reilly back at the moment I wouldn't disagree one bit after seeing    him a few weeks ago.

You don't ask Larry back, Larry goes back when he feels like it! Anyway Larry is to geraghty what pele is to Gary breen. :D

Ahem.....Larry taught Pele.
MWWSI 2017

thejuice

This is the Meath team from last night, very experimental for this stage of the year. I can't figure out this Banty lad t'all at all. I suppose I should heed my own advice it's good that more lads are getting a run.

QuoteMeath -

P Coakley;

C O'Connor, C King, W Ryan;
J Queeney (0-1), E Harrington, C McGuinness;

A Moyles (0-1), T Walsh (0-1);

I Davis (0-1), A Nestor, E Reilly (0-2);
C Ward, T Brosnan (1-0), B Farrell (0-3, two frees).

Subs - A Douglas for Ward half-time, J O'Reilly (0-1) for Nestor half-time, T Skelly (1-0) for McGuinness half-time, M Burke for Walsh 47mins, D Morgan for Brosnan 51m, D Smyth for Farrell 56m.

Jinxy

Well I'm glad Alan Nestor is still involved anyway.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Sea The Stars

Seems as if Graham's return is not coming without it's consequences.

Half the management team have now walked away from the job.

Jinxy

thejuice

beat Galway in a challenge match last night and afterwards Harnan and Callaghan walked out. Thats the story anyway. What the f**k is going on?

Tubberman

Quote from: thejuice on May 22, 2011, 03:36:32 PM
beat Galway in a challenge match last night and afterwards Harnan and Callaghan walked out. Thats the story anyway. What the f**k is going on?

It has been tweeted by LMFMRadio as well:
"Liam Harnan and Barry Callaghan have left Meath's backroom team"
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Hardy

Quote from: Tubberman on May 22, 2011, 03:38:50 PM
Quote from: thejuice on May 22, 2011, 03:36:32 PM

It has been tweeted by LMFMRadio as well:
"Liam Harnan and Barry Callaghan have left Meath's backroom team"

Which means it's no longer even a partially Meath backroom team. I can't say I'm surprised. That roly-poly little targer would start a fight in a phone box. Next we'll be seeing players walking out. You heard it here first.

I'm not looking forward to the first Sunday in June.

Jinxy