One Direction For Dads

Started by Smokin Joe, May 25, 2014, 06:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

I'm doing taxi driver to the One Direction concert in Croke Park tonight and so will have a good few hours wait after I drop the family off.

Is there anywhere I could go for an hour or so that would be happy for me to work on a laptop in return for drinking just 1 or 2 cups of coffee?

I'm coming from the North so I'd prefer to stay that side of Fegans to ensure I can get back down again to pick everyone up.

Bingo

I'd say the Skylon hotel be as good a bet as anywhere.

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on May 25, 2014, 08:10:50 AM
Was also gonna say the Skylon,only thing parking would be a bitch there though,it's always full even when there is nothing on in Croke Park.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

tbrick18

Going to 1d tonight with the kids. Coming from the north and trying to work out best place to park.
I'm he stories of it taking people 5hrs to get home after the concert so I'm wary of parking in
Clonliffe college. At the same time my kids are 8, 6 and 5 and a long walk after the concert will
Be a challenge. Any ideas?

laoislad

I always park up near the Mater hospital. There is a little housing estate across from the Church(St Joesph's) and there is always street parking available no matter the size of event in Croke Park.

You could head back out the Cabra/Navan Rd then to get back to m50 if you didn't want to have to drive back through Drumcondra and all the traffic. It's only about a 15min walk down to the stadium from where you'd be parking.
I've never failed to get a spot there and I think it's free parking on a weekend.
Goldsmith Street is the name of it now that I think of it but there are also side streets off it that have spaces.
It might be a bit of a roundabout way driving wise but you'd be avoiding a lot of traffic near the stadium.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: laoislad on May 25, 2014, 08:16:44 AM
Quote from: Bingo on May 25, 2014, 08:10:50 AM
Was also gonna say the Skylon,only thing parking would be a bitch there though,it's always full even when there is nothing on in Croke Park.

Yeah, the parking would put me off the Skylon.  Any other options even if they are slightly further out as I will be able to drive back down to Drumcondra for the collection.

T Fearon

One Direction are unique.The only act to make Dubs want to leave Croke Park and go back to the pub after 5 minutes

quit yo jibbajabba

Tony would you know a hotel this man could hang round for an hour or two? Just to confirm itsTHIS weekend :-P

CD

I always take a right at Fagans (You can take any right turn all the way down Drumcondra and then left down the Ballymun road if Drumcondra is slow on the way in) and park as close to St Mobhi's road as possible. It's near Na Fiana's ground. You can wait in Fagans there and enjoy a couple of cups of coffee - I'd say there'll be a fair few dads in the same boat as yourself.

Afterwards, if you head back up through Ballymun (parallel to Drumcondra Road) you miss all the traffic. A wee bit of a dander but it'll save you loads of time getting back out of the city.

And it'll tire them out for the journey back so you won't have to listen to them singing the songs on the way up the road!!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Tony Baloney

I am grateful to have sons!

tbrick18

Quote from: CD on May 25, 2014, 10:15:01 AM
I always take a right at Fagans (You can take any right turn all the way down Drumcondra and then left down the Ballymun road if Drumcondra is slow on the way in) and park as close to St Mobhi's road as possible. It's near Na Fiana's ground. You can wait in Fagans there and enjoy a couple of cups of coffee - I'd say there'll be a fair few dads in the same boat as yourself.

Afterwards, if you head back up through Ballymun (parallel to Drumcondra Road) you miss all the traffic. A wee bit of a dander but it'll save you loads of time getting back out of the city.

And it'll tire them out for the journey back so you won't have to listen to them singing the songs on the way up the road!!

This is kind of what I was thinking of doing. Then one of our neighbours just told me they went through the Port tunnel and parked on Richmond street. They came home the same way and said they had no trouble getting away at all. A short walk that way too....

Farrandeelin

What time does this thing start at anyway?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.