Ros v Galway Connacht Final 2019

Started by Rossfan, May 28, 2019, 09:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Hope it's a decent game and I'd marginally prefer Ros to win because they tend to play better football.

Hound

Suddenly this is the last chance for some Galway GAA silverware this year!

[Up the duckin fubs!]

Duine Eile

So Daithí Burke is at a loose end for the rest of the summer, wonder what are the chances????

Manning18

Quote from: Duine Eile on June 15, 2019, 09:03:02 PM
So Daithí Burke is at a loose end for the rest of the summer, wonder what are the chances????

He'll be on the first flight to America tomorrow morning id imagine

Duine Eile

Quote from: Manning18 on June 15, 2019, 09:13:00 PM

Doubtful considering he has a full time job and a club championship to play in, besides isn't there some rule in place now that once you play championship you can't play in America?

Manning18

Quote from: Duine Eile on June 15, 2019, 09:15:19 PM
Quote from: Manning18 on June 15, 2019, 09:13:00 PM

Doubtful considering he has a full time job and a club championship to play in, besides isn't there some rule in place now that once you play championship you can't play in America?

That only applies to NY, Boston and Chi sill get early exiting championship players out and obviously he could play both codes. Comment was tongue in cheek, although it wouldn't fully surprise me at the same time given the nature of that 'job'  ;) no chance of the footballers anyway, from half knowing him when a bit younger he'll be looking forward to the summer off. Maybe they could all do with it in a way, been a fair stretch for them since 2014

giveballaghback

Big day here at last. There is something special and parochial about Connacht final day. I have attended most of them over the last 50 years regardless of whether my beloved rossies were playing or not.
We may bicker with each other but at the end of the day we are all west of Ireland people.
Good luct to teams and managements today and HON THE ROSSIES.

Rossfan

Sun and wind here at present.
Let's hope it stays that way till half 5 in Salthill.
Time for blather is over, all down to the lads on the pitch and sideline now.
Best of luck to them and hopefully Nestor on the Bus as she heads gir home.
💛💙💛💙
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

An Fhairche Abu

He looks injured and burnt out for the hurlers as it is, I'd say the man could do with a decent break given he has been going full tilt all year round for the last few between Corofin and the County hurlers.

I'd love to see him in with the footballers but he's opted for hurling as his inter county sport and I don't see that changing at all.

Best of luck to the footballers today, huge opportunity to set up Galway in a great place for the rest of the summer if they bring a performance today, the Rossies have already shown they will be formidable opposition.
It'll be a close result either way I think, hoping Galway come out the right side of it.

cornetto

Yes a nice start to the day in salthill a slight breeze blowing from the salthill gaa end towards the city ground is dry but showers(downpours) on the way hope a few hurling supporters get behind the footballers after last night's loss and fair play to the dubs.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: cornetto on June 16, 2019, 10:26:58 AM
Yes a nice start to the day in salthill a slight breeze blowing from the salthill gaa end towards the city ground is dry but showers(downpours) on the way hope a few hurling supporters get behind the footballers after last night's loss and fair play to the dubs.

;D Fair play, that's the best laugh I've had in a while.

Duine Eile

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 16, 2019, 10:06:05 AM

He looks injured and burnt out for the hurlers as it is, I'd say the man could do with a decent break given he has been going full tilt all year round for the last few between Corofin and the County hurlers.

I'd love to see him in with the footballers but he's opted for hurling as his inter county sport and I don't see that changing at all.

Best of luck to the footballers today, huge opportunity to set up Galway in a great place for the rest of the summer if they bring a performance today, the Rossies have already shown they will be formidable opposition.
It'll be a close result either way I think, hoping Galway come out the right side of it.

That comment was made in jest, I think we all know it's not going to happen! Last time he joined up was 2014 I think? Things have moved on and with all the systems etc he'd never catch up, his own club mates are finding it hard to catch up and they're in since April. Starting to get a bit darker around here now, hopefully the rain doesn't make a complete lottery out of the game and hopefully we'll have a Galway win!

Tubberman

Quote from: Rossfan on June 16, 2019, 08:54:49 AM
💛💙💛💙

Best of luck to the Rossies, play good football and woule be great scenes of they were to win today.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

weareros

Quote from: Rossfan on June 16, 2019, 08:54:49 AM
💛💙💛💙

Rain here now in Salthill. I'd say it's here to stay now. Good old crowd making a day of it. hon the Ros and hopefully a great game.