The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Quote from: ardtole on April 26, 2023, 09:59:08 PM
The torys know they can hang the dup out to dry, and they also know when they need the dup all they have to do is click their fingers and they will come running in a pathetic attempt to prove their Britishness ( probably to themselves)

Yup 100% agree

If anyone treated   you like  that though , you'd tell them where  to go.  But the DUP clearly  have no dignity or backbone. Then again ,  they can't very well tell the Brits to get stuffed , otherwise who do  they be loyal to?  They're trapped  in a loveless marriage

LeoMc

Carrot and stick.

Whilst the Torys shaft the DUP and by extension all of us....
https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/varadkar-mcdonald-and-martin-call-for-northern-ireland-executive-to-be-restored-1467954.html

Varadkar said if an Executive is formed, Ireland is ready to use its Shared Island Fund to assist Northern Ireland with issues like housing, the health service, enterprise, the cost of living and budget deficit.

Rossfan

Hmmmm the first 2 items.....
But it's nice to help the poor relations....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnnycool

Quote from: 6th sam on April 26, 2023, 07:16:43 PM
Watch this space . I'm Not convinced that the DUP aren't the ones who are playing smart and end up getting what they want.
Getting people out to vote is a challenge,but  if you play an extreme card , then it can motivate to vote . The danger of softer politics is that it doesn't motivate .
If your position is intransigent, others end up moving to accommodate you , and you can claim victory in your intransigence. This seige mentality can work to your advantage. As we have seen in many occasions .
The final sweetener from the tories to get DUP on board , may be a big payout to boost the NI budget, for which the DUP  can also claim victory , just in time for the polls.
The Tories aren't stupid. There's a real chance that Labour will not secure a majority and the Tories could once again be dependent on DUP votes , and in any event they won't want to anger the ERG section of the party by  hanging the DUP out to dry.

Meantime a SF soft approach might get a few more SDLP votes on board but is unlikely to result in a surge.

There are craftier people than us making the decisions , and history has shown that whatever happens , Tories won't want to kick the DUP in the teeth .

It ain't over  'til it's over

I've always that doubt in my mind as well, the DUP always seem to come up smelling of roses even when it's their own doing they're neck deep in shíte.

RedHand88

Quote from: Rossfan on April 27, 2023, 12:08:39 PM
Hmmmm the first 2 items.....
But it's nice to help the poor relations....

Roscommon ain't exactly a rich cousin.

Wildweasel74

Didn't know where put this one, got a video there (Am sure it's doing the rounds) with some lad Adrian Douglas - AD Window cleaning) trying to kick in a single Catholic girl door in, in Lurgan. Wonder will the complaintants of the flag removal at the fball match be quick to reply to this.

Orior

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 02, 2023, 09:31:01 AM
Didn't know where put this one, got a video there (Am sure it's doing the rounds) with some lad Adrian Douglas - AD Window cleaning) trying to kick in a single Catholic girl door in, in Lurgan. Wonder will the complaintants of the flaf removal at the fball match be quick to reply to this.

AD is also a Facebook friend of Carla Loveheart.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

general_lee

Didn't know where put this one, got a video there (Am sure it's doing the rounds) with some lad Adrian Douglas - AD Window cleaning) trying to kick in a single Catholic girl door in, in Lurgan. Wonder will the complaintants of the flaf removal at the fball match be quick to reply to this.
I'd presume given that both brothers are well known Glenavon fans that the local DUP will be asking the IFA to investigate and sanction them.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Orior on May 02, 2023, 09:39:44 AM

AD is also a Facebook friend of Carla Loveheart.

She has called it verbal abuse rather than anything secterian. He has taken down his business facebook page.

21 year old single mother at that.

Lockhart is up there with the worst of them tbh and that is saying something. How is someone that young who likely barely lived through troubles so bitter and twisted.

RedHand88

Update - he's been arrested.

gallsman

Battering her door is "verbal abuse"? Pull the other one, Carla.

Armagh18

Sure he only wanted to talk to her. Them Fenians trying to deflect from the real issues, them Derry wans stealing flegs and them Armagh ones singing.

johnnycool

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 02, 2023, 10:09:58 AM

And let go, no hate crime charge either...

RedHand88

Quote from: johnnycool on May 02, 2023, 10:58:29 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on May 02, 2023, 10:09:58 AM

And let go, no hate crime charge either...

I could be wrong, but I thought there was no such thing as a "hate crime" here when charging someone. It was under review and about to be upgraded before the Stormont shutdown.
Can anyone legally minded confirm?

Wildweasel74

Police not call the flagpole removal a hate crime.