The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: yellowcard on March 22, 2023, 05:29:19 PM
Quote from: square_ball on March 22, 2023, 02:51:55 PM
At least Jim Shannon is using his influence at Westminster for good things. Putting a motion in to honour Dolly Parton on the 50th anniversary for one of her songs  ::)

Deliberately done to try and deflect from the resounding defeat of the WF vote. Taking the people for fools.

Rather than deflect, somehow it reminds me they made tits of themselves.

Tony Baloney

Taxpayers are the fools not Jim Shannon.

imtommygunn

It's his voters not tax payers. These pricks know how to milk things unfortunately.

marty34

bennydorano

More theatrics.

DUP could safely vote against the WF Bill today in the knowledge it would safely pass, they can now tell the electorate how hardcore they are. Hard to see Stormont up and running again anytime soon as the DUP will likely be looking some secondary legislation passed in the HOC in regards to safeguarding NI's place within the UK, as the withdrawal agreement superceded the Act of Union. They'll be pushing to legally nail down what the Stormont brake will look like in practice too I'd imagine.

seafoid

Varadkar was quoted in today's Irish Times saying that Stormont can probably be reopened without the DUP.

Orior

Quote from: seafoid on March 22, 2023, 09:12:01 PM
Varadkar was quoted in today's Irish Times saying that Stormont can probably be reopened without the DUP.

Oh flip. That'll get the hackles up of the low-brow knuckle-dragging king-loving irish-hating loyalists.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

seafoid

Quote from: Orior on March 22, 2023, 09:26:31 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 22, 2023, 09:12:01 PM

Oh flip. That'll get the hackles up of the low-brow knuckle-dragging king-loving irish-hating loyalists.
The DUP tore the arse out of it

Dougal Maguire

The DUP has bigger fish to fry. Jim Shannon is busy going round Westminster trying to get support for his Early Day Motion to mark the 50th anniversary of Dolly Parton's song 'I Will Always Love You'. You couldn't make it up.
Careful now

armaghniac

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 22, 2023, 10:05:56 PM
The DUP has bigger fish to fry. Jim Shannon is busy going round Westminster trying to get support for his Early Day Motion to mark the 50th anniversary of Dolly Parton's song 'I Will Always Love You'. You couldn't make it up.

The DUP love their country.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eire90

Bryson talking about war if stormont returns

Mourne Red

Quote from: Eire90 on March 23, 2023, 06:15:42 AM
Bryson talking about war if stormont returns

Wouldn't listen to a thing that wee scrote says

johnnycool

Quote from: armaghniac on March 22, 2023, 10:43:50 PM

Very underrated response that.  ;D

theskull1

Time to replace the Wolfe Tones with Dolly after championship win TikTok videos.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on March 22, 2023, 10:43:50 PM

very good