The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Iniitially the DUP were pro Protocol. Now that almost all of the complaints have been addressed they probably won't get much mileage out of being contrary.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/alex-kane-unsettled-unionists-caught-in-perfect-storm-1.4491016
Arlene Foster and other leading members had even begun a strategy of welcoming the "new opportunities" afforded by Brexit: a strategy which crashed and burned as soon as people began contacting newspapers and radio phone-ins with an ever-lengthening list of the inconveniences and non-deliveries they were experiencing

Armagh18

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 01, 2023, 04:51:39 PM
SNP are now arguing that Scotland should get the same EU deal that the DUP are possibly going to reject 😂
SNP made some fool of Sunak today- he made some own goal trying to tel the north how good they have it now with all the benefits of being in the EU. Which Sunak is denying the Scots...

AustinPowers

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 01, 2023, 08:04:51 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 01, 2023, 04:51:39 PM
SNP are now arguing that Scotland should get the same EU deal that the DUP are possibly going to reject 😂
SNP made some fool of Sunak today- he made some own goal trying to tel the north how good they have it now with all the benefits of being in the EU. Which Sunak is denying the Scots...

Another point scored  for Scottish independence then?

Eire90

BREAKING DUP John larkin says the new deal is not compatible with the act of union

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Paisley has gone on a solo run on Nolan ... DUP about to destroy themselves again here!!

RedHand88

Quote from: screenexile on March 01, 2023, 11:07:29 PM
Paisley has gone on a solo run on Nolan ... DUP about to destroy themselves again here!!

Jeffrey really has no control over his party's MPs. They seem to be on a solo run yet again.

Eire90

looks like boris is about to open his mouth about it if boris says no i bet the dup will see that as a endorsement

screenexile

Sorcha Eastwood is not good at this!

Nanderson

Quote from: screenexile on March 01, 2023, 11:34:04 PM
Sorcha Eastwood is not good at this!
Sorcha has Jim on strings. If hes not careful he'll blow a gasket

screenexile

I thought she was useless and the one seat jibe was petty.

If winding Jim up is a measure of politician performance we've set a very low bar as it looks very easy!

She said absolutely nothing of substance bar repeating herself a number of times saying she wanted back into Stormont.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: screenexile on March 01, 2023, 11:40:11 PM

If winding Jim up is a measure of politician performance we've set a very low bar as it looks very easy!

She said absolutely nothing of substance bar repeating herself a number of times saying she wanted back into Stormont.

Agreed. Plenty of soundbites but not a lot else. Allister still rattled but then hes perma angry

Nanderson

Quote from: screenexile on March 01, 2023, 11:40:11 PM

Whats she meant to say when Jims busy talking over everyone swearing his allegiance to the union?

screenexile

She could have said NI is in the Union until a referendum says otherwise... Jim took a gamble on Brexit pulling NI away from the South and he lost so it turned out the opposite.

Real world examples of why they wanted rigorous implementation of the protocol and real world examples of how this will help NI now... the medicines part of the new deal is massive and I've heard nobody mention it yet!!

Nanderson

Quote from: screenexile on March 01, 2023, 11:49:39 PM
She could have said NI is in the Union until a referendum says otherwise... Jim took a gamble on Brexit pulling NI away from the South and he lost so it turned out the opposite.

Real world examples of why they wanted rigorous implementation of the protocol and real world examples of how this will help NI now... the medicines part of the new deal is massive and I've heard nobody mention it yet!!
Why would she have to say NI is in the union. Everyone knows it is. That's a fact. Jim's the one yapping at it saying he's being subjugated and feels less british