The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 16, 2024, 09:41:19 AMHow dare those Catholics try to get educated.

And wear GAA tops to lecturers.....

Orior

Snarlene telling anyone who will listen that it's "better together". No, not an all-Ireland or European Union 😐
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

gallsman

Allister talking through his hole. He was the only Prod in his Queens law class in...1974?

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: gallsman on March 16, 2024, 02:26:24 PMAllister talking through his hole. He was the only Prod in his Queens law class in...1974?

And if he was whose fault is that?

Them pesky Fenians again. How dare they get educated to try and fight their way out of being treated as second class citizens.

Duine Inteacht Eile

Quote from: gallsman on March 16, 2024, 02:26:24 PMAllister talking through his hole. He was the only Prod in his Queens law class in...1974?
I'm not sure that's what he said.
He said that he was the first person in 10 years from his school, while there were 12 from St Whatever's.

Though I still wouldn't rule out that he was talking through his hole.

gallsman

He said he was the only one from his school that year to go Queens law (disputed by Reddit contributors) and the insinuation was that pretty much everyone else around him was a taig.

Duine Inteacht Eile

That's not necessarily the insinuation.
The insinuation was that the nationalist community was driving young people towards law in order to take control of the judiciary.

marty34

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on March 17, 2024, 07:52:10 AM
He said that he was the first person in 10 years from his school, while there were 12 from St Whatever's.

I think it was sectarian loaded message...the class was full of people from St. ....blah, blah blah. He was having a dig I reckon.

Be interesting to hear the full Q & A...if you could call it that.

The young lad in the uni class seemed to be annoyed with all the GAA tops.

Too late.

I think the demographic of the north is only hitting them now. 

Too late.

With the DUP 'changing its spots' recently and trying to be all moderate.  The penny has finally dropped.

johnnycool

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on March 17, 2024, 07:52:10 AM

First post underneath the video dispels that myth right away.

Far be it from me, but Bryson was right in his reply (jesus, I can't believe I'm typing this) but continue on with your studies and work for a better future, it's what was driven into us from the 70's on, get an education as you won't be able to walk into a job in the shipyard/Shorts/Civil Service/Peelers like our Protestant neighbours.

Equality can be a bollox when you're used to entitlement.

Jim's bitterness in relation to the current judiciary is great  ;D

imtommygunn

Yeah but it wasn't driven into people by some army council boy landing round to the house of everyone with kids in them. It was driven into us by our parents. It wasn't some pre planned notion of this will get a united ireland - it was a notion that education will give you better chances in life. These boys seem to think that it was a joined up effort by the entire population. Bonkers.

StephenC

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 19, 2024, 02:49:17 PMYeah but it wasn't driven into people by some army council boy landing round to the house of everyone with kids in them. It was driven into us by our parents. It wasn't some pre planned notion of this will get a united ireland - it was a notion that education will give you better chances in life. These boys seem to think that it was a joined up effort by the entire population. Bonkers.

Well said.

NAG1

Quote from: StephenC on March 19, 2024, 03:01:47 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 19, 2024, 02:49:17 PMYeah but it wasn't driven into people by some army council boy landing round to the house of everyone with kids in them. It was driven into us by our parents. It wasn't some pre planned notion of this will get a united ireland - it was a notion that education will give you better chances in life. These boys seem to think that it was a joined up effort by the entire population. Bonkers.

Well said.

But that is the absolute perception out there even amongst the non-hardliners, everything was one big conspiracy against them, it was all joined up thinking by those pesky Taigs.

imtommygunn

Quote from: NAG1 on March 19, 2024, 03:17:13 PM

Well said.

But that is the absolute perception out there even amongst the non-hardliners, everything was one big conspiracy against them, it was all joined up thinking by those pesky Taigs.

I don't think that's true at all tbh.

johnnycool

Quote from: NAG1 on March 19, 2024, 03:17:13 PM

Well said.

Education is much more class orientated within unionism than nationalism and the DUP have never seem to be overly interesting in addressing this.

imtommygunn

Tbh there should be phds in this. There was shorts etc etc and walking into jobs with no education while catholics etc had to get educated. That has more or less now stopped so families who would have assumed to basically be on a gravy train without the effort to educate etc now will be no more.

One of the biggest enemies of the "PUL" community is the DUP. It does nothing to lift up people in poor areas etc.