The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Molloy

For all those with no backbone, balls, pride or knavery Harps training starts tonite... ;D

justdoit

Quote from: ballwasthere on January 16, 2007, 04:39:35 PM

Doesn't look like there will be much backbone (or balls), available for the Harps this season. They were embarrassing enough at times last year when they were cowards against certain teams. What will they be like without JP?

Cant say that I could name anyone on the current panel who hs got the pride or knavery to go into battle for the winged lady. :(
what a load of shite I can think of people on the current team that would show more balls and pride in the winged lady compared to JP, sure he might be a hard man but that doesn't make him the be all and end all. Jasus man you talk some dung. ??? you just have to look at people like collie Holmes, Joe quigley, Charlie Vernon, Marty Gill, Ebby Toal, Chuckie, Liam mcauley, all these boys and more have more pride in the winged lady than most past players.  just because they have not won championships like the teams of the early 90's does not mean they are cowards or lack pride you Muppet

umgolaarmagh

After a few days working away , ive finally got a chance to read up on the JP situation on the gaaboard.

Interesting to note the amount of booting going on towards him and the transfer has not taken place as of yet

Sum craic on the loughall rd if he does a u-turn

Spiritof98

Umgolaarmagh - As the last person to cross the divide can you give us a detailed insight into the effect it had on your life.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

pintsofguinness

On JP Donnelly...
Quotesure he might be a hard man but that doesn't make him the be all and end all.
A hard man my hole!!   
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 16, 2007, 06:29:13 PM
On JP Donnelly...
Quotesure he might be a hard man but that doesn't make him the be all and end all.
A hard man my hole!!   

There's a lot of people taking jibes at JP on here, I think it's unfair. He's a good lad & to say he's not a hard man... well then I wouldn't mess with you, cuz JP & his brothers are most definately hard men!!

If he does transfer, I'm sure there's a good reason. Good luck JP what ever your decision!

pintsofguinness

QuoteThere's a lot of people taking jibes at JP on here, I think it's unfair. He's a good lad & to say he's not a hard man... well then I wouldn't mess with you, cuz JP & his brothers are most definately hard men!!
It's not a jibe to say he's not a hardman, some players are some aren't that's it.  He's indisciplined, not hard, there's a big difference.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

harpsman

Don't believe the hype!!

The rumour mill in Armagh is in full flow and it's unbelievable stuff floating about.  Whoever is behind the stories must be having a laugh.

It does sadden me though to witness so many people who call themselves Harpsmen running around bitching about one thing/person or another and seemingly thriving on all the uncertainty at the minute.

If you go looking for a reason to fall out with your Club you won't be long finding one, but I feel there's a fundamental fault in that way of thinking.  You stand by your Club through thick and thin and if you have a grievance of any kind, bring to the attention of the Committee and let them address it.  There aren't many mind readers about the Club - or any Club for that matter.

I honestly don't think JP will move, and I hope he doesn't.

As a footnote (light hearted), I can't imagine the redner I would have getting changed in a small rural Club with a big Na Clairsigh Ard Mhacha crest tattooed across my torso! :-[  You allegience to the Club has to be a bit deeper than skin deep!

chuck hughes

Lads, There is a player called Damien Jordan who played for the harps up until a few years back. He's been training with us (coalisland fianna) for this last week or so. Think he's living in the island area now and supposed to be gettin a transfer to us. What kind of a fella/player is he. Seems like a fella who keeps himself in good shape anyway.

Rufus T Firefly

Bloody hell - it's a good job that I can no longer get GAABoard in work - at this rate there wouldn't be much in the way of work being done. ::)

Quote from: harpsman on January 16, 2007, 08:22:27 PM
The rumour mill in Armagh is in full flow and it's unbelievable stuff floating about.  Whoever is behind the stories must be having a laugh.

It does sadden me though to witness so many people who call themselves Harpsmen running around bitching about one thing/person or another and seemingly thriving on all the uncertainty at the minute.

If you go looking for a reason to fall out with your Club you won't be long finding one, but I feel there's a fundamental fault in that way of thinking.  You stand by your Club through thick and thin and if you have a grievance of any kind, bring to the attention of the Committee and let them address it.  There aren't many mind readers about the Club - or any Club for that matter.

Harpsman - your first post, and you will do well my son to knock out a better post in your time here. Agree with everything in there - couldn't have put it better myself.

It is obvious that there are a lot of wind up merchants here and they are enjoying the way this whole issue has spiralled out of control. Whatever rocks your boat lads!

There are though genuine Harps men (and women) on here who are passionate about our Club, and I would ask them to remember the reputation of the Club and not to post things that are going to sully that reputation. That includes comments about fellow Harps men on here - all Harps men - there's enough out there who are willing to knock us all - don't start having a go at each other on this Public forum - business conducted behind closed doors if you please!  ;D

corn02

Rufus without trying to be a WUM or anything, can you give a definite account of the situation, I am sure you are in the know.

POG, exactly, can not fathom why people think dirty players are hard. Any player can purposly mistime a challange and hurt someone, it takes a hard man to reguarly knock an opposition player over legally.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: corn02 on January 16, 2007, 10:46:34 PM
Rufus without trying to be a WUM or anything, can you give a definite account of the situation, I am sure you are in the know.

There's nothing to report Corn - all there is is gossip and innuendo - it's as simple as that.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on January 16, 2007, 10:33:31 PM
Bloody hell - it's a good job that I can no longer get GAABoard in work - at this rate there wouldn't be much in the way of work being done. ::)

More to the point Rufus, how the feck do you work all day without access to the internet?

harps2002champs

Quote from: harpsman on January 16, 2007, 08:22:27 PM
Don't believe the hype!!

As a footnote (light hearted), I can't imagine the redner I would have getting changed in a small rural Club with a big Na Clairsigh Ard Mhacha crest tattooed across my torso! :-[  You allegience to the Club has to be a bit deeper than skin deep!

i cant see people thriving on this situation i think its more anger that one of our best players is jumping ship and joining the rivals