The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarface

Is the air clearer up there on the high moral ground Candyman?

Candyman

Quote from: Scarface on September 25, 2007, 02:33:07 PM
Is the air clearer up there on the high moral ground Candyman?
Dont know what your trying to imply but if ye've got something to say then PM me.....

Scarface

Not implying one thing - you just sounded a bit condescending in your last email - that was all. All I said was that the match was played like a training groung game - maybe I should not have used the phrase 'you root' though  :) Apologies to whoever for that one.

Candyman

Its not that... if you remember about 2 months ago when "Iron Fist" came on giving his tuppence worth and made a mockery of the thread while insulting players etc?!?! Just didnt wanna see that kind of crap creeping back in.... although he's been very quiet lately??? (maybe beacuse evryone knows who he is  ;) )
have a nice day now...  :P

Spiritof98

Candyman a lacklustre performance you'll have to admit on Sunday. We were poor throughout the pitch and unlike previous posts I couldnt hazard to select a Man of the match. But we'll put it down to the last game syndrome, Some good results recently to secure Div 1 status and hopefully we can build on it next year and hopefully the draw might be more favourable to us next year and we can get a competitive summer (last 3 years Dromintee x 2, Cross) ala Pogs (bye, nab maghery).

Good luck over the winter lads
I'll go back if Marsdens back

umgolaarmagh

Are you away for the ski season spirit 98

see you after the winter break  ;D ;D

Spiritof98

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on September 25, 2007, 03:47:20 PM
Are you away for the ski season spirit 98

see you after the winter break  ;D ;D

No, just feel a hybernation coming up if the unbelievable happens on Sunday ;)

Candyman

Spirit your totally right.... i've put the winter suit on a few months too early i think!!! think it was just the fact its prob the last game of the season plus everyone's fitness woulnd't be tip-top???
If the "unbelievable" does happen it'll be unbearable... the flights from Luton will be flat-out!!! ;)

umgolaarmagh

There might be a flight out of luton sunday evening alright

and one booked to return the following sunday

Spiritof98

Suprised your not coming over wee man, just got my hours there so i'm working Sunday during the day so I wont get to cross either and I avoid the messes that night. Jap bet me to were my Kilkenny jersey, dont think it would go down to well.

Candyman

if im not mistaken your playin over there on sunday umgola??? Spirit sure just do the thing right and wear a cross jersey??? will ye take the odds in o'neills...
Ogs + 6 @ evens???

umgolaarmagh

Yeah, have a championship relegation match sunday if that makes sense, havent played for 2 months and then they go and fix the last game of the year for sunday afternoon.

what odds on a draw

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Scarface on September 25, 2007, 01:32:14 PM
Rufus,

it's not a big deal - i will not fall out with you over it. Thanks for pointing out that we were on a public forum - did not know that.  ;)
In hindsight there was not much point in playing the game was there? Thought Cross would have played a strong team and went at it hammer and tongs but they did not. Harps also played with not much desire. Pretty rubbish game really.

Listen - no worries horse. I do get a bit hot under the collar when I'm questioned about the reports and yet and all I actually would prefer you to say what you think than not to say it at all - I like plenty of discussion about our matches, and to be honest, you weren't alone - some others gave off to me about my man of the match selection!!   ;D

By the way lads - this talk of the Cross game now being the last game of the season - are the Dromintee away and Maghery at home games not going to take place? As I see it, both Culloville and Whitecross can finish level with us and Mullaghbawn on 16 points, if they win all their games in hand. Do I take it from that that they still have to play each other and thus one of them will definitely go down?

I was hoping to draw up a table showing scores and team sheets throughout the season, and not playing the last two games would take away from that!  >:(

Candyman

As far as I know Rufus we need at least another point to be certain. My understanding is that Dromintee haven't been fielding teams so if this happened would we not be entitled to the points??? maybe some of their supporters could clear this up???

crossfire

Glad to see some people would like to see a Rangers win.
Not much support on the Armagh thread