Football All stars 2021

Started by hoynevalley, August 17, 2021, 07:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 10, 2021, 08:24:37 PM
Kennedy??  All stars seem to come down to 3 games, final, all Ireland semi, all Ireland final, its been donkeys years since a players performance was based on a entire year's performance.

Kennedy has done well to get an all-star, even in the final I thought Kilpatrick was the better of the two and I wouldn't have gave Kilpatrick one either. McKernan and possibly McNamee can feel disappointed.

greatpoint

How in under God did Kerry get the same number of All-Stars as Mayo? It's hilarious. Mayo take down the Dubs and make the final but still apparently don't deserve more than a team that won no games outside of their province. 

Paudie Clifford must have got one for his performances in the Munster Championship because it certainly had nothing to do with the semi-final.

I'd imagine McKernan's discipline worked against him when it came to All-Star selection.

Blowitupref

Quote from: greatpoint on December 10, 2021, 08:48:43 PM
How in under God did Kerry get the same number of All-Stars as Mayo? It's hilarious. Mayo take down the Dubs and make the final but still apparently don't deserve more than a team that won no games outside of their province. 

Paudie Clifford must have got one for his performances in the Munster Championship because it certainly had nothing to do with the semi-final.

I'd imagine McKiernan's discipline worked against him when it came to All-Star selection.

Those picking these All Stars probably looked at the fact Kerry was joint winners of the Div 1 league and lost to Tyrone after extra time by the narrowest of margins.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

greatpoint

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 10, 2021, 08:57:19 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on December 10, 2021, 08:48:43 PM

I'd imagine McKiernan's discipline worked against him when it came to All-Star selection.

Those picking these All Stars probably looked at the fact Kerry was joint winners of the Div 1 league and lost to Tyrone after extra time by the narrowest of margins.

Losing by the narrowest of margins in a game where they were strong favourites?

Being joint winners of the League is definitely as important as coming back from 7 points down against the best team to ever play the game, and making the All-Ireland final.

All very logical.

Wildweasel74

Mullin must got his then for his performances in Connacht cause he didn't play the semi and was poor in the final.

Wildweasel74

You looking all stars based on the Dublin game when you couldn't hit a barn door and were very poor in the final.

dublin7

Is this the first year were the young player of the year didn't win an All Star?
Clifford lucky to win one as well. They should just rename the All Stars to the All Ireland series awards. All Stars are handed out based on semi final/final performances. Rest of the year is irrelevant

An Watcher

Jesus lads, Clifford was like a one man show in the semi final against Tyrone.  Not sure how things would have panned out had he not got injured.  Fully deserving I think

smort

Who are the other boys hard done by then? Think it's a pretty fair 15, apart from maybe Kennedy, although not sure who should be there in his place

dublin7

Quote from: An Watcher on December 10, 2021, 09:15:34 PM
Jesus lads, Clifford was like a one man show in the semi final against Tyrone.  Not sure how things would have panned out had he not got injured.  Fully deserving I think

That's my point. All Star handed out based on one game.

twohands!!!

Quote from: smort on December 10, 2021, 09:17:44 PM
Who are the other boys hard done by then? Think it's a pretty fair 15, apart from maybe Kennedy, although not sure who should be there in his place

Yeah the midfield options weren't exactly hectic this year.

twohands!!!

Quote from: dublin7 on December 10, 2021, 09:11:29 PM
Is this the first year were the young player of the year didn't win an All Star?

Pretty sure it's happened a good few times before.

imtommygunn

Would O'Sullivan have deserved one?

greatpoint

Quote from: An Watcher on December 10, 2021, 09:15:34 PM

David Clifford deserved one, his brother did not.

smort

Paudie was fantastic throughout the year before getting shackled in the semifinal. He could easily have been up for POTY if kerry had gotten to the final