Retirements

Started by Maroon Manc, July 09, 2018, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: WhoDat on January 09, 2021, 09:46:24 PM
got the impression from shane enright's announcement that he wasn't seeing eye to eye with keane.

some dublin players to walk before the month's over? philly mcmahon maybe?

With the short season, I can't see many Dublin players retiring unless they are pushed!

Angelo

got the impression from shane enright's announcement that he wasn't seeing eye to eye with keane.

Enright was a poor enough player all things told and Kerry have better defensive options now.

Him and Ian Burke are by far the worst All Star awards over the past decade.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

smort

Burke almost got that All Star for his club performances

Rossfan

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 10, 2021, 03:12:26 AM

With the short season, I can't see many Dublin players retiring unless they are pushed!
With the new split season will they only get their goodies for 7 months of the year?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

inroundthesquare

Quote from: smort on January 10, 2021, 11:40:47 AM

That he got one and Shane Walsh hasn't just shows how bizarre some All Star selections are

From the Bunker

Donnacha Walsh 2015 - another phantom All Star!

From the Bunker

I hear a certain individual has cascaded inter-county players who have not won an All Ireland medal for announcing their retirement publically.
Only All Ireland winners it seems are only worthy of this privilege.

Angelo

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 10, 2021, 03:54:10 PM
Donnacha Walsh 2015 - another phantom All Star!

I thought Walsh was an extremely underrated player for Kerry and was a far superior footballer to Galvin.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Tubberman

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 10, 2021, 04:00:52 PM
I hear a certain individual has cascaded inter-county players who have not won an All Ireland medal for announcing their retirement publically.

castigated?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Cunny Funt

Let me guess Joe Brolly is at it again?

galwayman

Quote from: smort on January 10, 2021, 11:40:47 AM
Shane Walsh was infinitely better than Burke in 2018. Could not believe he didn't get one and Burke did.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 10, 2021, 06:08:28 PM

He has got huge attention from articles of retaliation from local newspapers. Do they not know that writing such articles only keep his profile in the lime light. Exactly what he craves. Ignoring him is the solution. He is a nobody when the attention vanishes.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 11, 2021, 12:27:57 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 10, 2021, 06:08:28 PM

He has got huge attention from articles of retaliation from local newspapers. Do they not know that writing such articles only keep his profile in the lime light. Exactly what he craves. Ignoring him is the solution. He is a nobody when the attention vanishes.
Brolly is and always was a bollox as fa as I am concerned.
This has nothing to do with his aversion to all things Mayo but goes back to the last time Tommy Freeman played in an Ulster final for Monaghan.
Tommy injuuredd his hand in the leadup to the game and was a doubtful starter until the last minute. He played with his hand heavily strapped. He is a roofer by trade annd it seems he drove a Hilti nail through his palm.
Brolly from start to finish could resist poking fun at Tommy and his awkwardness as Brolly saw it.
He tried to get O'Rourke and Lyster to share in the fun but both to their credit didn't respond to his smart arse remarks.
As a player, he was a showboarder of the worst type. He made an art form out of running along the sideline, blowing kisses to his fans every time he scored.
I am no fan of his.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

WhoDat

brolly is barely welcome in his own county, don't know why people entertain him elsewhere. a loudmouth and a bully of the worst kind

From the Bunker

Quote from: WhoDat on January 11, 2021, 10:38:57 AM
brolly is barely welcome in his own county, don't know why people entertain him elsewhere. a loudmouth and a bully of the worst kind

Getting dropped from RTE has been a huge blow to his profile and he knows it.