Rossfan

Gareth Bradshaw of Galway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on January 07, 2021, 11:56:49 AM
Gareth Bradshaw of Galway.

Gareth Bradshaw statement

After 14 years playing with Galway, I'd like to announce my retirement from inter-county football. A huge thank you to my parents and family, my partner Sarah-Jane, friends and teammates who supported me over the years. It was a huge honour to play football for my county. Thanks
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

An Fhairche Abu

Best of luck to Gareth in his IC retirement, 14 years is a long time to put into the county game especially when his peak years coincided with a time where Galway football was simply just not in a good place so he never got much national recognition but he was a more than decent player at his best, I can distinctly recall Keith Duggan highlighting him out as a "Rolls Royce" of a half back in a match report but again hard to stand out everyday when the standard of your county is so poor compared to Dublin, Kerry and Mayo teams at the top of the sport.
No more than the rest of the Galway team he had a really bad day out in 2013 but manged to bounce back from that to have some fine performances in his later career.

Modest success in terms of titles at IC level like anyone else that's played for Galway during the past 15 years but glad to see that he got the big reward at club level in 2020 by playing on the first Moycullen team to secure the Frank Fox particularly as he missed out on the Intermediate All Ireland that Moycullen won in 2008.

Few more Galway players that have opted out this year include Ian Burke, Adrian Varley and Gary Sice but who knows if they are permanent retirements (Sice obviously aside who surely will not be seen at Senior again - in retrospect it was a crazy decision by PJ to bring him back in the first place all truth be told).

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 07, 2021, 04:45:35 PM
Best of luck to Gareth in his IC retirement, 14 years is a long time to put into the county game especially when his peak years coincided with a time where Galway football was simply just not in a good place so he never got much national recognition but he was a more than decent player at his best, I can distinctly recall Keith Duggan highlighting him out as a "Rolls Royce" of a half back in a match report but again hard to stand out everyday when the standard of your county is so poor compared to Dublin, Kerry and Mayo teams at the top of the sport.
No more than the rest of the Galway team he had a really bad day out in 2013 but manged to bounce back from that to have some fine performances in his later career.

Modest success in terms of titles at IC level like anyone else that's played for Galway during the past 15 years but glad to see that he got the big reward at club level in 2020 by playing on the first Moycullen team to secure the Frank Fox particularly as he missed out on the Intermediate All Ireland that Moycullen won in 2008.

Few more Galway players that have opted out this year include Ian Burke, Adrian Varley and Gary Sice but who knows if they are permanent retirements (Sice obviously aside who surely will not be seen at Senior again - in retrospect it was a crazy decision by PJ to bring him back in the first place all truth be told).

I was slightly shocked today when I read Bradshaw had only 3 Connacht medals. Any man who played 14 years for Galway you would normally expect to be laden down with Connacht medals at the very least. Guess it goes to show how much of a rut Galway were in especially in the late 00's all through the first half of the 10's. And have also lost a few finals in recent years even though they improved on what went before.

Heard a few players have pulled out alright. Never a good sign. Although I think Ian Burke is a stockbroker or something in Dublin so has quite a high pressure financial job so maybe he just felt he couldn't commit again so soon.

Blowitupref

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 07, 2021, 07:28:11 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 07, 2021, 04:45:35 PM

I was slightly shocked today when I read Bradshaw had only 3 Connacht medals. Any man who played 14 years for Galway you would normally expect to be laden down with Connacht medals at the very least. Guess it goes to show how much of a rut Galway were in especially in the late 00's all through the first half of the 10's. And have also lost a few finals in recent years even though they improved on what went before.

Heard a few players have pulled out alright. Never a good sign. Although I think Ian Burke is a stockbroker or something in Dublin so has quite a high pressure financial job so maybe he just felt he couldn't commit again so soon.

It does, 2016 was Galways first Connacht title for 8 years hard to see the current crop going that long without a provincial title.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

galwayman

Brads was a great servant to us in relatively lean times.
I always felt he was very underrated outside the county - and sometimes within!
You could tell watching him with the Galway minors that he was a senior player in the making.
He just had it.
I'm sad to see him go as feel guys like him and Gary O Donnell could still contribute hugely from the bench.
But best wishes to him in retirement.

Captain Obvious

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Silver hill

Rossfan

Anthony Cunningham has confirmed that there are no retirements from the Ros panel.
Fair play to the 2 "senior citizens" Cathal Cregg and Conor Devaney giving it another year.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on January 08, 2021, 12:09:19 PM
Anthony Cunningham has confirmed that there are no retirements from the Ros panel.
Fair play to the 2 "senior citizens" Cathal Cregg and Conor Devaney giving it another year.

Rossfan shoehorning two Roscommon players into a retirement thread when they are not retiring.

What a narcissist.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

twohands!!!

Quote from: Silver hill on January 07, 2021, 10:45:24 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on January 07, 2021, 10:19:56 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 07, 2021, 08:39:45 PM
Kyle Coney Tyrone.

A great minor

Sometimes more of an insult than a compliment?

Yeah the longer it's said about a player the worse it becomes.

Captain Obvious

WhoDat

got the impression from shane enright's announcement that he wasn't seeing eye to eye with keane.

some dublin players to walk before the month's over? philly mcmahon maybe?