Retirements

Started by Maroon Manc, July 09, 2018, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 28, 2020, 10:09:18 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 28, 2020, 08:20:00 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 28, 2020, 08:05:53 PM
Tommy Moolick of Kildare .
Young enough I think probably doesn't see any point being from a Leinster County.
Moolick is around 27/28

Lads are entitled to use their time however they wish and more power to him but it's demonstrative of why Kildare get nowhere - inter-county level is too difficult, so they quit

Mate, you're a Dublin fanboy, you know f**k all about club football and even less about Kildare football. Enjoy your asterisk All Ireland's.

Indeed. Kildare would never go down the road of importing players to play for the county. Seanie Johnston for example is a proud Kildare man and no doubt had a few quiet drinks at home last weekend to celebrate when Kildare won the Christy Ring cup. His first outing in Kildare was for his club's hurling side after all

sid waddell

Quote from: dublin7 on November 28, 2020, 10:19:25 PM
Young enough I think probably doesn't see any point being from a Leinster County.
Moolick is around 27/28

Lads are entitled to use their time however they wish and more power to him but it's demonstrative of why Kildare get nowhere - inter-county level is too difficult, so they quit

Mate, you're a Dublin fanboy, you know f**k all about club football and even less about Kildare football. Enjoy your asterisk All Ireland's.

Indeed. Kildare would never go down the road of importing players to play for the county. Seanie Johnston for example is a proud Kildare man and no doubt had a few quiet drinks at home last weekend to celebrate when Kildare won the Christy Ring cup. His first outing in Kildare was for his club's hurling side after all
All about the club in Kildare

Coill Dubh, just for example, would never let themselves be used by the Kildare senior football team to give 30 seconds of action to a lad who never held a hurley in his life just so his inter-county football transfer could be validated

Noting like that would ever happen in Kildare

From the Bunker

Quote from: sid waddell on November 28, 2020, 09:01:26 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 28, 2020, 08:54:36 PM
Moolick is around 27/28

He could have shown a bit of ambition to win things and declared for Dublin!
Think you'll find Kildare have much more of a record of enticing lads from other counties to declare for them with the promise of winning things than Dublin do

Some counties entice lads from other counties. Some counties entice extra money that could go to other counties. Both seek to gain advantage. But who gets to gain more advantage?

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 28, 2020, 10:23:28 PM
Moolick is around 27/28

Think you'll find Kildare have much more of a record of enticing lads from other counties to declare for them with the promise of winning things than Dublin do

Some counties entice lads from other counties. Some counties entice extra money that could go to other counties. Both seek to gain advantage. But who gets to gain more advantage?

Shame on any county who would try to take money from another county!!! That's a serious allegation. If you can prove that you should go to Croke Park and the media with it. That's a disgrace

Donnellys Hollow

Moolick is around 27/28

Of all the Kildare players who could accused of being soft or lacking resolve, Moolick is the probably among the least likely to be in that category.

He has been playing senior football since 2010. Recovered from an ACL midway through his career. Won a Leinster u21 as captain and had a far more productive senior career than many of his teammates from that group despite not being blessed with their natural athleticism or talent. He never sulked when more mobile players were picked ahead of him and always played his way back into the fold. If we had a few more who had the same character and commitment, we would be in a better place.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on November 28, 2020, 10:31:30 PM
Moolick is around 27/28

Shame on any county who would try to take money from another county!!! That's a serious allegation. If you can prove that you should go to Croke Park and the media with it. That's a disgrace

Yes, Shame on any county who would try to take money from another county! That is a serious allegation. Why would you say that?

sid waddell

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 28, 2020, 10:32:53 PM
Moolick is around 27/28

Of all the Kildare players who could accused of being soft or lacking resolve, Moolick is the probably among the least likely to be in that category.

He has been playing senior football since 2010. Recovered from an ACL midway through his career. Won a Leinster u21 as captain and had a far more productive senior career than many of his teammates from that group despite not being blessed with their natural athleticism or talent. He never sulked when more mobile players were picked ahead of him and always played his way back into the fold. If we had a few more who had the same character and commitment, we would be in a better place.
More power to Moolick, I have zero problem with him, it's an amateur game and neither he nor anybody else is under any obligation to give up his time

However I note that you say that "if we had a few more who had the same character and commitment, we would be in a better place"

That would strongly imply that a lot of Kildare players aren't trying hard enough for the team to be successful - and I thought you hated when people say that

There are two narratives here and only one can be true:

i) Kildare are trying hard enough, they are doing all they can, the narrative they aren't trying hard enough is a grievous insult - how dare anybody say Kildare are not trying hard enough

ii) Kildare are not trying hard enough

Which is it?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: sid waddell on November 29, 2020, 12:09:03 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 28, 2020, 10:32:53 PM
Moolick is around 27/28

More power to Moolick, I have zero problem with him, it's an amateur game and neither he nor anybody else is under any obligation to give up his time

However I note that you say that "if we had a few more who had the same character and commitment, we would be in a better place"

That would strongly imply that a lot of Kildare players aren't trying hard enough for the team to be successful - and I thought you hated when people say that

There are two narratives here and only one can be true:

i) Kildare are trying hard enough, they are doing all they can, the narrative they aren't trying hard enough is a grievous insult - how dare anybody say Kildare are not trying hard enough

ii) Kildare are not trying hard enough

Which is it?

You asserted that Tommy Moolick's retirement from inter-county football is "demonstrative of why Kildare get nowhere".

That is well wide of the mark in this instance.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 28, 2020, 11:24:43 PM
Moolick is around 27/28

Yes, Shame on any county who would try to take money from another county! That is a serious allegation. Why would you say that?

Oh so you're just inferring Counties are enticing money from other counties. So its not actually happening and this is one of those urban myths spread by bitter people like the dublin footballers don't have real jobs

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on November 29, 2020, 01:17:24 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 28, 2020, 11:24:43 PM
Moolick is around 27/28

Oh so you're just inferring Counties are enticing money from other counties. So its not actually happening and this is one of those urban myths spread by bitter people like the dublin footballers don't have real jobs

I'm inferring some counties entice extra money that could go to other counties.

mup

Moolick is around 27/28

Sure its not like Dublin ever imported anyone. Wasnt the club scene awash with imported players for years. All for money.

Throwing stones from inside the glasshouse again.

dublin7

Quote from: mup on November 29, 2020, 02:27:37 PM
Moolick is around 27/28

Sure its not like Dublin ever imported anyone. Wasnt the club scene awash with imported players for years. All for money.

I didn't see any posts claiming Dublin never imported players from outside the county to play for them. Please point them out.

mup

Quote from: dublin7 on November 29, 2020, 06:26:27 PM
Quote from: mup on November 29, 2020, 02:27:37 PM
Moolick is around 27/28

I didn't see any posts claiming Dublin never imported players from outside the county to play for them. Please point them out.

While I didnt go through this thread with a fine tooth comb I didn't see anyone claim Kildare didn't either. And If they did bigger fool them.

But you Dubs cant be pontificating from the pulpit on inter county transfers.

Angelo

Moolick is around 27/28

Paddy Quinn was on the Dublin panel under Jim Gavin.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Gael85

Gordon Kelly  Clare has retired. Great servant to Clare football.