Best Attacking Wing Backs

Started by Gael85, April 03, 2011, 11:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Hi Folks,

Who do you think is the best attacking wing back in the game at the moment? Tomas O'Se-Kerry,John Miskella-Cork,Philip Jordan,Davy Harte-Tyrone have been conistent over last 7,8 nearly scoring 1-2 points per game,now we are seeing Kevin McKernan-Down,Emmet Bolton-Kildare,Gareth Bradshaw-Galway,Darren Strong-Laois emerging and scoring regularly,some of them even outscoring players in their half forward line

bigfrank

the 2nd list of players u named couldnt carry water to the first list....FACT!!! Darren Strong lol.......good man  ;D

Dinny Breen

Michael Conway is actually Kildare best attacking wing back - recovering from double knee injuries - was heading for an All-Star 2 years ago  :(
#newbridgeornowhere

The Boy Wonder

Quote from: bigfrank on April 03, 2011, 12:00:14 PM
the 2nd list of players u named couldnt carry water to the first list....FACT!!! Darren Strong lol.......good man  ;D

Eh know-all - please post next week's Lotto winning numbers !

ross matt

Tomas O'Se. Strong, fast, skillful, brilliant ball carrier and consistent score getter. Is now a long time delivering this usual high standard. Sean Og De Paor before him was similar in my opinion.

bigfrank

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on April 03, 2011, 01:17:22 PM

Eh know-all - please post next week's Lotto winning numbers !

i dont see many disagreeing with me....catch a grip sannnnn!!! :P

The Boy Wonder

I just have a problem with you stating your opinions as FACTS - I've no problem with your opinions.

haranguerer

Anyone can be a good attacking wing back. The problem is also being good at your primary job - defending. Plenty on that list might be good going forward, but thats not much use when they're getting destroyed defensively.

PAULD123

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on April 03, 2011, 01:57:29 PM
I just have a problem with you stating your opinions as FACTS - I've no problem with your opinions.

Totally agree, just because you wite FACT in a big captial letters after a statement doesn't automatically make it one. All it does is make you look arrogant and juvenile.

Also I have no problem with your opinion or your right to hold one no matter what it is. But don't effectively dismiss everyone else's opinions before they have even had an opportunity to express them! 

AZOffaly

Karol Slattery from Offaly was a fine exponent in his prime. Michael Ennis from Westmeath was another.

Oak Leaf Magazine

Gerard O'Kane got too today against Meath

Gael85

I said second list were emerging as good attacking wing backs,they still have long way to go to compare with likes of OSe,Jordan.
Kevin McKernan is up there with the best,played big games against Kerry,Kildare&Cork in Croker last year and deserved a All Star ahead of Graham Canty,he was one Ireland best players in the Comprimise Rules in the 2nd game.Darren Strong has emerged as key player Laois this season since switching from attack to defence,he has scored 0-10 in 6 league games this season,has to prove he can do in championship now.

Jinxy

If you designed and built the perfect wing-back in a laboratory he still wouldn't be as good as Tomás Ó'Sé.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Gael85

Quote from: Jinxy on April 03, 2011, 11:44:43 PM
If you designed and built the perfect wing-back in a laboratory he still wouldn't be as good as Tomás Ó'Sé.

Career: 1998 - 2010
Championship Appearances: 73
League Appearances: 76
Scored: 3-29 in Championship. 1-27 in League.
Munster Finals: Played in 12 Munster Finals. Won 9. Lost 3.
All Ireland Finals: Played in 8 All-Ireland Finals. Won 5. Lost 3.

72 full Championship appearances. 1 appearances as a substitute.

http://www.terracetalk.com/kerry-football/player/7/Tomas-OSe

nrico2006

Quote from: Oak Leaf Magazine on April 03, 2011, 10:21:59 PM
Gerard O'Kane got too today against Meath

How many?  If he did score any, they would be among the first he has ever got. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'