Roscommon v Armagh

Started by illdecide, July 02, 2018, 10:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: armaghniac on July 16, 2018, 10:46:06 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on July 16, 2018, 08:53:24 PM

There's probably a 'super 6' currently woth Roscommon and kildare making up the numbers. The rest are going to provide competitive games.

Last year at the same stage we lost to Tyrone by 18 points. It's hard to make an argument that we were better equipped this year to give an account of ourselves.

Armagh, Roscommon, Kildare are in the top 12, but not really able to mix it with the top 5 or 6.

Don't lump us in with those other two. Soon to be three seasons in four in D1, a provincial title and consecutive last eight appearances mean not even your magic maths could remove Roscommon from the top eight teams in the country.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 16, 2018, 11:50:39 PM
4-24.

Are you sad that McStay is taking about changes he'll be doing in the winter break? Your one man crusade really didn't get off the ground at all this time.

smelmoth

Would Tim be away for 10 nights or the full fortnight?  Or did the nurses do a head count?

Owen Brannigan

Tim’s Hero

Busy at work !!! Will be getting a warning shortly I'm sure from all the "righteous and true "Armagh supporters for not posting some shite at least twice a day to allow them a sanctimonious reply from on high . (See orchardfans.com)

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Tim's Hero on July 12, 2018, 04:38:11 PM
Quote from: illdecide on July 12, 2018, 03:34:00 PM
Just come clean with KmcG and call it what you really want to say, you believe him to be rank and would like Armagh to replace him...is that too hard to say?
I would think that sums up what a lot of Armagh people think , CB probably think differently though, but one can only live in hope !!!

The County Board though are the people, in that they are there as an elected representative of each Club and are present to reflect the views of their membership within that Club. I sense no widespread urge for change and certainly do not envisage a debate that would challenge Geezer's position ahead of 2019. If that turns out to be the case, then it would be interesting to consider a definition of your "lot of Armagh people". What is a lot? Hundreds? Thousands? There are of course malcontents but I don't believe they are anywhere near a majority. 

Tim’s Hero

I would sense a wide spread desire for change as the attendances have dropped at an alarming rate , and the majority of people you talk to at club games refuse to watch Armagh,.
You can be sure there will be no debate on McGeeny's future , same as last year where the clubs weren't informed the reappointment was on the agenda and no debate was held at club level to let delegates express the opinions of their members , not very democratic !!!

Tim’s Hero

Couldn't chance a repeat of the Kildare scenario !!

Solo_run

Quote from: Tim's Hero on July 19, 2018, 12:22:09 PM
I would sense a wide spread desire for change as the attendances have dropped at an alarming rate , and the majority of people you talk to at club games refuse to watch Armagh,.
You can be sure there will be no debate on McGeeny's future , same as last year where the clubs weren't informed the reappointment was on the agenda and no debate was held at club level to let delegates express the opinions of their members , not very democratic !!!

Because of McGeeney? or because of their style of play?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Tim's Hero on July 19, 2018, 12:22:09 PM

Every agenda item can be discussed, can it not? If people have misgivings, do they not raise those when the agenda item comes up for discussion? Have you considered the possibility that there is no debate at club level because there is not the level of feeling on this issue that you believe there is?

Tim’s Hero

I would think that notice should be served to the clubs to allow a discussion among the members to ensure the clubs delegate are mandated prior to the CB meeting , also allows them time to prepare their argument either for or against .

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Tim's Hero on July 19, 2018, 02:53:49 PM
I would think that notice should be served to the clubs to allow a discussion among the members to ensure the clubs delegate are mandated prior to the CB meeting , also allows them time to prepare their argument either for or against .

You don't see the silence from the delegates on this issue as evidence that there simply is not the groundswell of opinion that your discussions around the County would have you believe is there?

larryin89

Club delegates have to tow the line or CB will just get revenge ,it's a balls of a system . Like most "democratic" systems they are not democratic.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: larryin89 on July 19, 2018, 03:28:53 PM
Club delegates have to tow the line or CB will just get revenge ,it's a balls of a system . Like most "democratic" systems they are not democratic.

Thanks for that Larry. Good to see you.