Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Caress

Quote from: befair on August 23, 2020, 08:51:48 PM
Again great coverage by Pairc TV, but Kilcoo letting themselves down by trying to attack the ref at the end. Thought the ref had a good game, trying to let the game flow. Still confusion about what is a black/yellow, which penalised Kilcoo tonight and Rostrevor on Friday night. Would still fancy Kilcoo for the championship, but please stop crying at the ref.
hardly a good game, if he is confused about what is black or yellow. To be fair after watching  it I'm confused

Last Caress

Quote from: thewobbler on August 23, 2020, 11:06:13 PM
Bit harsh on Kilcoo above.

It looked unruly but I'd think the same issue registered with everyone at once and they all felt compelled to give their tuppence. If I'm being honest I'd have done the same.

I'd need to go back to the last century to remember only 1 min of injury time in a game, let alone one with water breaks.

Good game though. Point are a very decent side, well balanced and well coached.

There'll be a few nails bitten tomorrow night when the draw is being made.
last century? And heres me thinking you are only a young pup 😄😄

upandwin

Last caress, take a day off... Your Kilcoo bias is so blatant it's cringeworthy. Yes, the ref should have played another minute at least and tbh from where I was watching I thought he had a good game overall but thought some 50/50 decisions went the Point's way for sure. On the other hand, I was at the county final last year and the ref that day made call after call after call against Warrenpoint and was responsible for at least 2/3 scores in favour of the magpies (Including their goal). Sometimes the decisions go your way, sometimes they don't but Kilcoo didn't cover themselves in glory last night after the final whistle. I still fancy the Magpies to come back stronger and win it again but last night they can have zero complaints about that result. Could've gone either way but if they can win like champions they should lose like champions too...poor scenes from our county champions.

Anyways who does everyone want to see in the qualifiers? Would love to see Burren and Kilcoo for obvious reasons, think that would be closer than people think although I'm surprised Burren didn't rack up a bigger scoreline against the town...

Bridge v Clonduff would be another cracker. My hope is:

Kilcoo v Burren
Bridge v Clonduff
Carryduff/RGU v Loughinisland
Bredagh v Stone

wobbller

Quote from: upandwin on August 24, 2020, 08:39:03 AM
Last caress, take a day off... Your Kilcoo bias is so blatant it's cringeworthy. Yes, the ref should have played another minute at least and tbh from where I was watching I thought he had a good game overall but thought some 50/50 decisions went the Point's way for sure. On the other hand, I was at the county final last year and the ref that day made call after call after call against Warrenpoint and was responsible for at least 2/3 scores in favour of the magpies (Including their goal). Sometimes the decisions go your way, sometimes they don't but Kilcoo didn't cover themselves in glory last night after the final whistle. I still fancy the Magpies to come back stronger and win it again but last night they can have zero complaints about that result. Could've gone either way but if they can win like champions they should lose like champions too...poor scenes from our county champions.

Anyways who does everyone want to see in the qualifiers? Would love to see Burren and Kilcoo for obvious reasons, think that would be closer than people think although I'm surprised Burren didn't rack up a bigger scoreline against the town...

Bridge v Clonduff would be another cracker. My hope is:

Kilcoo v Burren
Bridge v Clonduff
Carryduff/RGU v Loughinisland
Bredagh v Stone
It's Kilcoo,Longstone,Bredagh,Clonduff in the one half V L,island,Burren,MayoB/Glenn or Carryduff/RGU in the other half.

upandwin

Are you sure? I always thought it was an open draw for the third round qualifiers...that the only seeded draws were for quarter finals where the 'winners' can't play each other i.e Rostrevor, Ford, CPN and Harps can't meet each other...

Is that definite?

downjim

Let's call a spade a spade , the scene's at the end were disgraceful and there should be hefty suspensions for the men who followed the ref to the changing rooms. There is no glossing over that and no excuses . Refereeing is hard enough and Paul had a great game last night. Bullying referees needs to be condemned and I hope our county board shows leadership and takes correct actions against the said individuals.

elk

Quote from: downjim on August 24, 2020, 10:04:49 AM
Let's call a spade a spade , the scene's at the end were disgraceful and there should be hefty suspensions for the men who followed the ref to the changing rooms. There is no glossing over that and no excuses . Refereeing is hard enough and Paul had a great game last night. Bullying referees needs to be condemned and I hope our county board shows leadership and takes correct actions against the said individuals.
Totally agree, took the gloss off what was an enjoyable game. Although CPN got the result and met Kilcoo head on,I thought Kilcoo were the better team and the next team up for them will feel the backlash.

upandwin

Kilcoo certainly looked the better of the two and only for missing chances at big moments they'd have won that game...More in the tank for CPN and genuinely think they're the more talented team but you can't put a price on experience...Kilcoo will be harder to beat the next time and not many referees have the same balls as the ref yesterday. Most referees bend (understandably) to the pressure of their support and players...the referee of this reverse fixture will determine the winners of the 2020 SFC in my opinion...Agree with DownJim though...

befair

Also think Jock was fortunate not to get a 2nd yellow for verbals towards the ref at the end of the 1st half. Ref showed great restraint there; if it was rugby, it would be a 6 month suspension. No need for it, because the Branigans are formidable as a collective, other teams must shudder when they see them all lined out

maldini

Is the draw for the next round tonight or after the match on Wednesday

Nanderson

Quote from: maldini on August 24, 2020, 05:55:43 PM
Is the draw for the next round tonight or after the match on Wednesday
tonight i believe

Mourne Red

Kilcoo vs Burren.. The draw we all wanted! Dare say there will be reports there's COVID in Burren and Kilcoo over the next week or so   ;D

champion1981

Quote from: upandwin on August 24, 2020, 11:32:37 AM
Kilcoo certainly looked the better of the two and only for missing chances at big moments they'd have won that game...More in the tank for CPN and genuinely think they're the more talented team but you can't put a price on experience...Kilcoo will be harder to beat the next time and not many referees have the same balls as the ref yesterday. Most referees bend (understandably) to the pressure of their support and players...the referee of this reverse fixture will determine the winners of the 2020 SFC in my opinion...Agree with DownJim though...
didn't see the game,but going by BBC report and the Irish news the ref had a stinker, between cutting play time short for apparently " forgot about the 2nd half water break" lol and over ruling both lines men and his own umpires on several occasions doesn't look good for Paul faloon,  I heard also today that he resigned from referring any truth in this??

maldini

are the relegation play offs in SFC and IFC this weekend or next?

terrifictommy

Does anyone blame him if he did quit, seasoned campaigner and the best in the county, yet treated like that after a game. It's so far past our games ethics and at some point markers need to be put down. No doubt Kilcoo will circle the wagons and believe the world are out to get them. Poor kilcoo.

Champion - I'd say you are one of these bloodbayers, from the BBC report I watched it just mentioned the timing issue.