Coastguards are searching for a baby in Belfast harbour.

Started by oisinog, May 09, 2012, 09:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 10, 2012, 02:11:56 PM
Too right bcb1. Really bugs me the way those with psychiatric problems are torn to shreds without a thought given to the absolute hell they could be going through personally. If it turns out this woman is unwell surely we should be thankful that a young child hasn't lost their life rather than sharpening the knives and calling for the mob.

+1

With all the money that is wasted in this part of the world, surely a troubled soul rescued and no baby to have been harmed would be the best outcome all round. Hopefully she gets the help she needs if the rumour mill is to be believed.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 10, 2012, 02:11:56 PM
Too right bcb1. Really bugs me the way those with psychiatric problems are torn to shreds without a thought given to the absolute hell they could be going through personally. If it turns out this woman is unwell surely we should be thankful that a young child hasn't lost their life rather than sharpening the knives and calling for the mob. 

Haranguerer, the way your post came across to me was like the old attitude towards people with mental health problems.  I have seen at first hand the effects this attitude has and it is diabolical.  As a result of young people who have problems then hide them which culminates in them committing suicide.  We know nothing of this womens situation yet but it would not be a huge jump to suggest that she has perhaps lost a child and is tramautised given the nature of the events.  If not then I agree she should be walloped hard by the law.

take_yer_points

Confirmed there was no baby

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18022525

Baby did not fall from ferry into Belfast Lough

A massive search and rescue operation was launched on Wednesday evening following reports that a baby was in the water.

The search was stood down by the Coastguard on Thursday afternoon.

A woman was rescued from the lough after she fell overboard from the Stena Line vessel.

She was treated for hypothermia in the Royal Victoria Hospital where she is in a stable condition.

A police spokesperson said the search had been called off "after enquiries with the 37-year-old woman and her family".

The alarm was raised at 18:10 BST on Wednesday, as the ferry arrived from Cairnryan in Scotland and was preparing to dock at Belfast Harbour.

The woman was recovered from the water 15 minutes later.

EC Unique

Great news :)  The thought of a week old baby dieing like that was horrible.

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

mannix

Thank god is right! Enough of horrible things happen in the world today. Woman must have mental issues.

oisinog

Quote from: mannix on May 10, 2012, 03:34:40 PM
Thank god is right! Enough of horrible things happen in the world today. Woman must have mental issues.

It turns out it was from eye witness reports. Not a report from the woman.

It seems after speaking to her and her family they confirmed there was no baby

ziggysego

Quote from: take_yer_points on May 10, 2012, 02:52:14 PM
Confirmed there was no baby

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18022525

Baby did not fall from ferry into Belfast Lough

A massive search and rescue operation was launched on Wednesday evening following reports that a baby was in the water.

The search was stood down by the Coastguard on Thursday afternoon.

A woman was rescued from the lough after she fell overboard from the Stena Line vessel.

She was treated for hypothermia in the Royal Victoria Hospital where she is in a stable condition.

A police spokesperson said the search had been called off "after enquiries with the 37-year-old woman and her family".

The alarm was raised at 18:10 BST on Wednesday, as the ferry arrived from Cairnryan in Scotland and was preparing to dock at Belfast Harbour.

The woman was recovered from the water 15 minutes later.

Not a confirmation, just a belief.
Testing Accessibility

dillinger

Seems a man arrested. Wonder if he gave a false shout?

mannix

Quote from: oisinog on May 10, 2012, 03:36:42 PM
Quote from: mannix on May 10, 2012, 03:34:40 PM

It turns out it was from eye witness reports. Not a report from the woman.

It seems after speaking to her and her family they confirmed there was no baby

someone got their lines crossed, just glad there was no baby

dillinger

Quote from: dillinger on May 10, 2012, 06:21:04 PM
Seems a man arrested. Wonder if he gave a false shout?
Think i must have mis-heard that! A woman arrested. :-X

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Apparently the woman had had a 'phantom' pregnancy. A right fruit and nut case by all accounts.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

omagh_gael

WTF! Do you seriously believe it's ok to refer to people with mental health issues as fruit and nut cases? That woman clearly has problems and could easily have died the other day. Do you also think it'd be ok to refer to someone with cancer using the similar derogatory language?