Coming to Australia?

Started by Aerlik, December 25, 2011, 02:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: AlriteHorse on December 26, 2011, 07:48:10 AM
Quote from: Aerlik on December 25, 2011, 03:29:17 PM
Don't get me started on the bikies.  Lowest scum of the earth.  And another sad fact is that there are so many young Irish using speed/meth/crack over here and it is almost exclusively made by bikies.

FFS, if your family or friends are coming to Oz, tell them to pull their head in. :-[ >:(

Yeah Aerlik, it's not great. Perth's getting worse by the week. Not the best thing to say, but you can really notice a different class coming out now. In Pertha bout 2 years now, Oz around 4 and a half. Left home by my own choice to do travelling etc but now you get people who are here because they have to be here if they want to work. Unfortunately, it's giving us a bad name. I got jumped a few weeks ago by two irish guys.....tried to bite my ear etc. Police landed and found out they were "off their heads". Just hoping things don't keep going they way they are!
Hold on a minute lad  :D  Sure you were back home the other week giving all the ex pats a bad name!  Ye cant hold your water, and had to carried home te mammy ;D.  Im delighted I stumbled upon this thread :)  "Different class" of people indeed, coming back to mother Ireland to disgrace yourself :-*

Aerlik

If anyone knows the ballix who thought it would be funny to take the busker's hat full of money, stick it on his head, drop and scatter the money, dance all over the middle of James street Northbridge, then take exception to the people listening who took exception to him resulting in him squaring up to a lad in the middle of the James and William street intersection with cars going around them, could you tell him to fcuk off back home as he is an affront to his family.  What a total ballix. >:(

What is it about the Irish coming out here these past two years?  FFS. Scunder ye!
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

randomtask

What i have noticed is a lot of scumbags who couldn't get near a job in Ireland, have packed there bags and went over now. In the past it would have been a lot of students with degrees who couldn't get work here immigrated. They would have had a bit of wit about them, where as these clowns are ruining Irish integrity abroad. ,

SLIGONIAN

My brother and a mate headed to Perth about 3 months back, hes a good lad, working up North now for 4 weeks on 1 week off, seems to be in good form, will most likely be heading out myself in a few months when i finish my degree and get GAA out od my system over the summer. I suppose lads there are serious scum Irish out there but theres decent folk aswell, try not to filter all the good folk out there becuase of the scum. If i do head out i'll have to head to a few fremantle matches with ya Aerlik...support the local team..
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Orchardman

Quote from: randomtask on May 07, 2012, 05:47:46 PM
What i have noticed is a lot of scumbags who couldn't get near a job in Ireland, have packed there bags and went over now. In the past it would have been a lot of students with degrees who couldn't get work here immigrated. They would have had a bit of wit about them, where as these clowns are ruining Irish integrity abroad. ,

I get what ur all saying lads, and it isn't good for the irish name. I did the standard year in oz around 5 years ago after my undergrad and managed a good mix of lapping up the banter in irish bars, playing gaa etc, as well as heading to normal darling harbour with my aussie workmates. The 'different class' idea is an interesting one, and i'd agree. As you say, lots of lads going now who might be the bums of their village. I wouldn't have a bad word to say bout most of the irish i met over there, loved it, and 95% were sound as, i'd imagine it's different now. Ireland has plenty of sound people and assholes, so naturally there will be plenty of both in oz.

As well as that, when travelling the east coast with 2 mates and staying in hostels, we always seemed to come accross english people who were travelling alone or as a couple, and we would great bant. I remember thinking at the time about the typical loutish english you would see in spain/ greek holidays, and know I was meeting lads who I suppose had a bit more wit about them. Funny, never bumped into any scots or welsh on my travels, but the english would have been found in irish bars regularly

BTW, perth was the only city i didn't get to when over there, it really must be jammed full of irish now?

Aerlik

Quote from: randomtask on May 07, 2012, 05:47:46 PM
these clowns are ruining Irish integrity abroad. ,

EXACTLY!!!  In Perth, the Irish are extremely well established and thought of.  However, the influx of a small percentage of vocal and visible tramps is not helping our image.  I make no bones about my opinions on this matter.

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 07, 2012, 05:55:24 PM
My brother and a mate headed to Perth about 3 months back, hes a good lad, working up North now for 4 weeks on 1 week off, seems to be in good form, will most likely be heading out myself in a few months when i finish my degree and get GAA out od my system over the summer. I suppose lads there are serious scum Irish out there but theres decent folk aswell, try not to filter all the good folk out there becuase of the scum. If i do head out i'll have to head to a few fremantle matches with ya Aerlik...support the local team..

The vast majority are being penalised because of the f**king gabshites and shitettes.  So long as we are not playing Collingwood and you have no split allegiances, you are welcome to join us.  Be prepared for noise, though.  Lots of it.

Orchardman, as Sligonian said, the vast majority are fine, it is the w*nkers who are the concern.  There are problem English, Scots and other continental Europeans too, but at least they don't walk around slabbering off and getting into rows with the frequency of our countryfolk.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

mannix

why are you all so worried about what other irish people do anywhere in the world? if a lad or lass wants to get drunk and vomit on the street why should it concern you? it might pay you better to mind your own business.

Puckoon

Quote from: mannix on May 08, 2012, 06:31:16 PM
why are you all so worried about what other irish people do anywhere in the world? if a lad or lass wants to get drunk and vomit on the street why should it concern you? it might pay you better to mind your own business.

Are you serious? A basic sense of community, and respect of the community into which you enter as an immigrant is at the bottom line. Not once has anyone mentioned turning the youngsters immigrating into nuns and priests - but it isn't too much to ask that they mind their manners here and there.

Niall Quinn

Don't get me started on those immigrant nuns.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

mannix

Quote from: Puckoon on May 08, 2012, 06:48:25 PM

Are you serious? A basic sense of community, and respect of the community into which you enter as an immigrant is at the bottom line. Not once has anyone mentioned turning the youngsters immigrating into nuns and priests - but it isn't too much to ask that they mind their manners here and there.

so who are you to tell anyone to mind their manners? or does just because you are irish and so are they that you feel the instinct? i cannot see how you would like to tell any young irish to have manners, would you tell the young ones in clondalkin or moyross to behave themselves?

lfdown2

Quote from: mannix on May 09, 2012, 12:34:59 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on May 08, 2012, 06:48:25 PM

so who are you to tell anyone to mind their manners? or does just because you are irish and so are they that you feel the instinct? i cannot see how you would like to tell any young irish to have manners, would you tell the young ones in clondalkin or moyross to behave themselves?

Can't speak for the lads but I would assume the reason being the damage they are doing to the reputation of the Irish abroad which in turn leads to instances like this;

http://joe.ie/news-politics/current-affairs/australian-embassy-blasts-racist-gumtree-advert-0022184-1

The chances of an employer in Clondalkin or Moyross refusing a candidate due to them being Irish is minimal.

Also just as part of national pride I would have thought.

AlriteHorse

Howdy Aerlik,
I see this story has made a few publications!! I'll be back in town this weekend so it'll be interesting to see if there's any kind of response. I seen a few comments saying that some people will see this as a "medal for their drunken antics". Unfortunately, i think this is true. a few comments were also made along the lines of immigration utilising the minimum cash rule for entry. I don't actually know for sure if such a thing exists but supposedly there is a threshold of the minimum cash you need to have in your account to gain entry to the country. Maybe this will weed out a fair few bad eggs. I'm aware that this will also result in others being harshly refused entry though a lot of people seemed to be leaving comments supporting this course of action.
Allez les bleus! Forza azzurri!

thejuice

I think our towns, cities and society in general would be vastly improved if people did visibly and audibly pour scorn on those who get drunk and vomit all over the place.

Its one of the worst things about Irish society. Nothing wrong with drinking per se, but there is nothing heroic or redeeming about drinking to a stupor being an idiot. I'm not going to say I never did it myself either.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016