Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Will Grimes be the new Ricey?

Looking forward to seeing how he gets on and think he will be good for the team.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: WT4E on November 21, 2019, 01:53:58 PM

Looking forward to seeing how he gets on and think he will be good for the team.

Is he not looking at a 4 month ban?

Club boi

Quote from: topofthesoil on November 21, 2019, 02:17:42 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 21, 2019, 02:10:27 PM

what for?

Is there not a "list" of accusations

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Club boi on November 21, 2019, 02:43:05 PM

what for?

Be no suspensions now, he will be added to the list that every ref in the county has "protected players" being on this list disables red cards, frees against you and more frees for you. Grimes will fit right in on that list

Tyrone95

Quote from: Pearse Blue on November 21, 2019, 02:46:03 PM

what for?

Be no suspensions now, he will be added to the list that every ref in the county has "protected players" being on this list disables red cards, frees against you and more frees for you. Grimes will fit right in on that list

I think Conor Gormley was the only county player exempt from that list  ???  :-X

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 21, 2019, 03:01:42 PM

what for?

I think Conor Gormley was the only county player exempt from that list  ???  :-X
I hope that's a joke, if anything he abused the list haha

Angelo

Given that the advanced mark is coming in this year in Championship I am surprised we haven't brought in Ryan Coleman to have a look at him. We don't have many real standout target man forwards in the county right now. McNulty seems to have went really well over the club Championship but you'd have severe questions over his fitness given his past injury problems.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Angelo on November 21, 2019, 08:19:24 PM
Given that the advanced mark is coming in this year in Championship I am surprised we haven't brought in Ryan Coleman to have a look at him. We don't have many real standout target man forwards in the county right now. McNulty seems to have went really well over the club Championship but you'd have severe questions over his fitness given his past injury problems.

Not sure on this post but is McShane not the best equipped Target man in the county at the moment ? How many target men do you need.

Angelo

Quote from: SkillfulBill on November 21, 2019, 08:46:47 PM

Not sure on this post but is McShane not the best equipped Target man in the county at the moment ? How many target men do you need.

More than one I would assume.

tyrone08

Quote from: Angelo on November 21, 2019, 09:47:37 PM

You will win nothing with 1 target man. Any injury or double marking and your attacking threat is gone

Angelo

Quote from: tyrone08 on November 21, 2019, 10:15:41 PM

Hopefully Donnelly gets back fit and we can leave him inside, I think I'd try Peter Harte inside with McShane for the league and maybe play Sludden from deeper as both struggled last year when we tinkered with our style. I do think we need to start with more of a scoring threat this year.

You will win nothing with 1 target man. Any injury or double marking and your attacking threat is gone

I wouldn't mind seeing a side along the lines of this during the league:

-------------------------------Morgan

Rafferty--------------------McNamee-----------------R Brennan

Cassidy---------------------Sludden------------------K McGeary

-------------------R Donnelly-------Kennedy

Mulgrew--------------------Coney---------------------Meyler

Bradley------------------McShane----------------------Harte

I'd like to see Harte and McShane left inside for the most part, obviously Harte will have the inclination to drift out from time to time which is fine. I don't know if Coney has the legs for this level but I'd like to see him be given a run of games to prove himself, he certainly has qualities that no other player in our squad has, we should allow him to roam around around the 45 and midfield area and see if he can get on the ball and influence the game. I think Bradley is best utilised scheming out around the 45 too where he will get more space. I think his best season with Tyrone was 2015 when he was playing a playmaker and had some great games, particularly the semi final v Kerry.

I think we have made some subtle changes in the past two years to make us a bit more attacking but I think we need to commit more and leave two men inside and two outlets on the 45 for us too. Hoping Mulgrew can stay fit and healthy as he could be a good option at wing forward who can get through a power of work and also capable of chipping in with some scores.

With Hampsey rumoured to miss the league and Donnelly definitely out of it, it will allow certain players to put their hands up as go to men. Need another guy to come out and show himself as a leader, Hampsey did it in 2018, McShane this year, we need another player to really bring on their game next year.

WT4E

what for?

One of the funniest comments I've read. Fair play.

He use to referee most matches he played in. 😂😂

Tyrone95

Quote from: WT4E on November 21, 2019, 11:21:42 PM

what for?

One of the funniest comments I've read. Fair play.

He use to referee most matches he played in. 😂😂

Ah lads you's seem to have a bad impression of the man! I don't know what yese are on about 😂

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Angelo on November 21, 2019, 10:36:35 PM

Hopefully Donnelly gets back fit and we can leave him inside, I think I'd try Peter Harte inside with McShane for the league and maybe play Sludden from deeper as both struggled last year when we tinkered with our style. I do think we need to start with more of a scoring threat this year.

So you don't plan on using any of the new men in the league? No league football means completely ruled them out for championship. Whats the point in being there if you are going to sit on the bench the whole year? I will go back to my point, Tyrone are extremely bad at getting new lads through. Why not play Benny Gallen in the league? Give Conn a chance in midfield? (Not as if Richie Donnelly has been a revolution) Try out your new players in the league and give them consistent games to get into the flow of the team.

Angelo

Quote from: Pearse Blue on November 22, 2019, 08:42:59 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 21, 2019, 10:36:35 PM

So you don't plan on using any of the new men in the league? No league football means completely ruled them out for championship. Whats the point in being there if you are going to sit on the bench the whole year? I will go back to my point, Tyrone are extremely bad at getting new lads through. Why not play Benny Gallen in the league? Give Conn a chance in midfield? (Not as if Richie Donnelly has been a revolution) Try out your new players in the league and give them consistent games to get into the flow of the team.

Where did I say that? Of course there will be injuries, niggles and suspensions along the way. There will be players who have poor games, players who could come off the bench and make a big impact and others who are going well in training that do well.

There are plenty of players in this current squad who have reaped the rewards in biding their time too.

In that lineup I posted above there are 4 players who saw limited or no  Championship action last year - Rafferty, Mulgrew, Bradley, Coney.

At the end of the day the onus will be on the individual players to force their way into the reckoning and how willing they are to fight for their jersey.