Another PR disaster

Started by sligoman2, April 23, 2019, 11:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: dublin7 on May 05, 2019, 08:19:50 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 04, 2019, 02:26:43 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 03, 2019, 01:11:12 PM
Then it's controlled by the GAA and that rule (6.40??) applies.
Why so?  If the GAA don't own the property, who dictates the terms of the lease.? Imo, the parish should unless the terms of the lease expressly stated otherwise.
In any event, nobody here seems to have a clue about the real state of affairs. It's hearsay or downright prejudice all the way. We may never get the real story but  nobody involved in the parish is willing to spill the beans.
The story is that the the community decided to raise funds for one of their own. The GAA club allowed the use of the pitch and some bitter, small minded individual submitted a complaint to the county board that soccer was played on a GAA pitch.To that scum I can only say I don't know how you sleep at night

Game was played on a soccer pitch that is surrealisticly claimed to be a GAA soccer pitch. Mental gymnastics is the order of the day.

Hound

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 06, 2019, 08:09:36 AM
Why so?  If the GAA don't own the property, who dictates the terms of the lease.? Imo, the parish should unless the terms of the lease expressly stated otherwise.
In any event, nobody here seems to have a clue about the real state of affairs. It's hearsay or downright prejudice all the way. We may never get the real story but  nobody involved in the parish is willing to spill the beans.
The story is that the the community decided to raise funds for one of their own. The GAA club allowed the use of the pitch and some bitter, small minded individual submitted a complaint to the county board that soccer was played on a GAA pitch.To that scum I can only say I don't know how you sleep at night

Game was played on a soccer pitch that is surrealisticly claimed to be a GAA soccer pitch. Mental gymnastics is the order of the day.
BB, I think you are missing a very important point!

The town had a field that was used as a soccer pitch for years and years. The pitch wasn't called Old Trafford or White Hart Lane, but was called The Soccer Pitch.

Seemingly, it wasn't used for a while for soccer, so the GAA leased it from the council. For free it seems, but still it then became a GAA pitch. Soccer goals were removed and Gaa goals put in, and it was marked up as a GAA pitch.

But the name of the pitch didn't change!

The Soccer Pitch was no longer a soccer pitch, but it was still The Soccer Pitch. 😛

Anyway, all resolved now.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Hound on May 06, 2019, 08:15:35 AM

The town had a field that was used as a soccer pitch for years and years. The pitch wasn't called Old Trafford or White Hart Lane, but was called The Soccer Pitch.

Seemingly, it wasn't used for a while for soccer, so the GAA leased it from the council. For free it seems, but still it then became a GAA pitch. Soccer goals were removed and Gaa goals put in, and it was marked up as a GAA pitch.

The Soccer Pitch was no longer a soccer pitch, but it was still The Soccer Pitch. 😛

Soccer posts and markings still up, still used as a soccer pitch. Hence they played soccer on it.

As I said, mental gymnastics

Rossfan

And we thought Syferus was bad...... ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Rossfan on May 06, 2019, 09:51:32 AM

Have Syferus and Baile Brigín 2 ever been seen in the same room.....? Hmmmm

Rossfan

Jasus.....
I wouldn't like to get trapped in that room :D

trueblue1234

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 06, 2019, 09:09:45 AM
Quote from: Hound on May 06, 2019, 08:15:35 AM

Soccer posts and markings still up, still used as a soccer pitch. Hence they played soccer on it.

As I said, mental gymnastics

And the point you have been constantly trying to deny is that the GAA have a lease on the pitch regardless of whether there is soccer goals or Gaelic goals . And as such fall in line with the GAA rules. I have no problem with you arguing about the complexity of whether that rule should exist or not, but you've acted dishonestly throughout this discussion so your credibility is a bit shot IMO.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

magpie seanie

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 06, 2019, 12:07:41 PM

I think you might have it.

Rossfan

Baile Brigín 2

I thought I was Paul Kimmage?

Rossfan

Alice in Wonderland more like.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 08, 2019, 11:26:29 AM

I thought I was Paul Kimmage?

You are....I'm taking the piss you gimp....

dublin7

Quote from: Rossfan on May 08, 2019, 11:20:51 AM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0508/1048162-naomh-colmcille-accept-punishment-for-hosting-soccer/

Thread can be closed now!!
Indeed. The club haven't demied the charge and willing to accept the ban to avoid further stress for the family.

What a f**kin joke the whole episode has been. Whoever pays the fine I hope they pay in cash and cover the money in blood to show how farcical this has been.   

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: dublin7 on May 11, 2019, 12:42:29 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 08, 2019, 11:20:51 AM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0508/1048162-naomh-colmcille-accept-punishment-for-hosting-soccer/

Thread can be closed now!!
Indeed. The club haven't demied the charge and willing to accept the ban to avoid further stress for the family.

What a f**kin joke the whole episode has been. Whoever pays the fine I hope they pay in cash and cover the money in blood to show how farcical this has been.
Chop every note in half