Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keep her low this half

Quote from: marty34 on March 26, 2022, 08:01:25 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on March 26, 2022, 07:50:29 PM
Quote from: Lord Antrim on March 26, 2022, 06:20:39 PM
There is no doubting McManus talent but Antrim are a better cohesive unit when he is not playing . They were in 2020 when he was injured and are now . He is now starting to be a distraction . If we want to progress we have to move away from ' The Celeb ' media darling and concentrate on building a strong panel that works and plays for each other.

Wtf are you on?

Really solid performance by Antrim today. Every time Offaly came back at them, they pushed on. Played a nice style of hurling.

As I said before, they were unlucky in a few league games at Corrigan and could have had 4 pts, never mind the game V Laois.

I wonder what the average age of that team is?

There is quite a few of them who played in the All Ireland U-21 final who would all be around 30/31, Eoin Campbell, Conor McCann, Ciaran Clarke, Paddy Burke maybe can't remember exactly but he has been on the go for Cushendall a long time. On the plus side most of the Dunloy lads plus James McNaughton would be 24 or less. Its a good enough mix overall.

Lord Antrim

There is no doubting McManus talent but Antrim are a better cohesive unit when he is not playing . They were in 2020 when he was injured and are now . He is now starting to be a distraction . If we want to progress we have to move away from ' The Celeb ' media darling and concentrate on building a strong panel that works and plays for each other.

Wtf are you on?
As I said  talented but not a team player and Antrim have to play as a unit to progress.
That is the opinion round the squad too , There are quite a few happier when he is not on the team
He is not the future of our county and if we want to continue to compete we need a structure and style of play all the way through the squads ..
we need to be able to interchange and that can't happen when we shift and rearrange team to suit one player .
Talented but a square peg in this team ....

groundlie

The team were so good today. Never let offaly get a sniff. With the age profile I genuinely believe there could be a leinster title in these lads.

BrendanAntrim

The scoreline probably flatters a Offaly a bit, we were just better than them all over the pitch. Some amazing Kong range frees scored today, great to see the lads matching skill with fight. A great day

podge

Quote from: Lord Antrim on March 26, 2022, 08:47:13 PM

Wtf are you on?
As I said  talented but not a team player and Antrim have to play as a unit to progress.
That is the opinion round the squad too , There are quite a few happier when he is not on the team
He is not the future of our county and if we want to continue to compete we need a structure and style of play all the way through the squads ..
we need to be able to interchange and that can't happen when we shift and rearrange team to suit one player .
Talented but a square peg in this team ....

You are a tosser. Totally unfair assessment

Saffrongael

Quote from: groundlie on March 26, 2022, 08:50:42 PM
The team were so good today. Never let offaly get a sniff. With the age profile I genuinely believe there could be a leinster title in these lads.

Think you have tried this WUM nonsense before, not sure what point you are trying to make
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Neil McManus top class

imtommygunn

Number one name on team sheet.

The opinion round the squad. Sure it is...

Fantastic win yesterday. Glad I was wrong to be worried about it.  The Christy ring should be interesting now.

marty34

With Antrim hammering Offaly and Offaly hsmmering Derry last year in Croke Park, that could put the chat of a re-invented Ulster Championship on the back burner for another while.

keep her low this half

Quote from: marty34 on March 27, 2022, 08:21:47 AM
With Antrim hammering Offaly and Offaly hsmmering Derry last year in Croke Park, that could put the chat of a re-invented Ulster Championship on the back burner for another while.
Next year we could well have Antrim and Down in Division 1 and Derry in Div 2A hopefully, Its as good a time as any to revive it

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on March 27, 2022, 08:21:47 AM

You hardly hammered them. That's nothing in hurling. Don't worry we won't be playing yous next year shite the tights

groundlie

Id say we were without doubt the superior team yesterday vs offaly but I wouldn't say we hammered them. With 10 to go there was one score in it. We've to play these lads again soon so let's not get too ahead of ourselves here.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Marty34 Apparently Wexford now getting binned from Liam McCarthy lol

Milltown Row2

Decent strong panel no final formations just yet I'd say for Gleason and his team to work on, hopefully JMcN who came off injured isn't too bad.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CitySlicker11

When does the Joe Mcdonagh start?