Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreatest

Angelo has a very similar tone to Dublin's favorite Journalist Ewan McKenna, including personal insults.

Good on the lads getting cushy numbers, Jesus if only i could, they should enjoy it, best years of their lives, plenty of time after their careers are finished.

GAABoard Dublin fairness rule no 136: All Dublin players must work in a coal mine, 6 days a week, 12 hours a day. Underage development squads not excluded.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: TheGreatest on January 13, 2021, 06:49:08 AM
Angelo has a very similar tone to Dublin's favorite Journalist Ewan McKenna, including personal insults.

Good on the lads getting cushy numbers, Jesus if only i could, they should enjoy it, best years of their lives, plenty of time after their careers are finished.

GAABoard Dublin fairness rule no 136: All Dublin players must work in a coal mine, 6 days a week, 12 hours a day. Underage development squads not excluded.
For my two cents worth, I have no problem with players, any players, making a few bob on the side. What they do off the field is their business. I have lots of reservations about Dublin football in general but what the players do in their private lives is not one of them.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

TheGreatest

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 13, 2021, 10:13:36 AM

For my two cents worth, I have no problem with players, any players, making a few bob on the side. What they do off the field is their business. I have lots of reservations about Dublin football in general but what the players do in their private lives is not one of them.

Fair play Lar, most dont, but their is always a few.

Angelo

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 13, 2021, 03:18:10 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 12:36:55 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 04, 2021, 11:13:01 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 03, 2021, 11:41:47 PM
Don't Davy sponsor the GPA?

Yes. But he works for axrivsl company

Who works for a rival company?
The person we were discussing

Who is? Dean Rock?

Dean Rock has started work with a subsidiary of Davy, not a rival.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

TheGreatest

Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 12:44:46 PM

Who is? Dean Rock?

What did he do before that? he is 30 now. Stewarts Care, a job he did with distinction.

Angelo

Ah the Unionist Dublin supporter.

The Jackeens from The Pale never change their spots.

Angelo

Quote from: TheGreatest on January 13, 2021, 12:50:48 PM

Who is? Dean Rock?

What did he do before that? he is 30 now. Stewarts Care, a job he did with distinction.

What is his background in corporate investment?

Don't think working as a fundraiser for a NPO and a degree in sports science has any relevance to corporate investment.

Dubs defending the indefensible as usual.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 12:51:30 PM

Ah the Unionist Dublin supporter.

The Jackeens from The Pale never change their spots.

;D ;D ;D ;D

good one. An you proved my point above

TheGreatest

Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 12:53:05 PM

Who is? Dean Rock?

Don't think working as a fundraiser for a NPO and a degree in sports science has any relevance to corporate investment.

What's the issue?  Who cares what he does or doesn't do. Its another insignificant gripe.

Gaaboard Dublin fairness rule #137: Dublin are not allowed win anything ever or have a good team, Winning is only allowed for the bogballers down the country.

Still my favorite thread. 

Angelo

Quote from: TheGreatest on January 13, 2021, 12:56:22 PM

Who is? Dean Rock?

What's the issue?  Who cares what he does or doesn't do. Its another insignificant gripe.

Gaaboard Dublin fairness rule #137: Dublin are not allowed win anything ever or have a good team, Winning is only allowed for the bogballers down the country.

Well I guess you don't care that Dublin are a de facto professional outfit while other teams have players with real jobs and long commutes to worry about.

The Unionist Dublin fan despises a level playing field.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 01:00:19 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on January 13, 2021, 12:56:22 PM

Who is? Dean Rock?

Well I guess you don't care that Dublin are a de facto professional outfit while other teams have players with real jobs and long commutes to worry about.

The Unionist Dublin fan despises a level playing field.

GAABoard Dublin fairness rule #138 - Dublin players are not allowed work in their own city if they live there and if they do work in Dublin, they must live outside of Dublin so they can have a longer commute to training. This will significantly level the playing field with the likes of Leitrim and Offaly.

GAABoard Dublin fairness rule #139 - Label all Dublin natives and fans " Unionists " if they disagree with you or defend their own team, players and county even if the poster is from a working class republican background.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

whitey

A friend of a friend is a big wig at AIG

A bunch of execs were on a golf trip to Trumps Doonbeg property a few years ago and were hosted one night by the mighty Dubs....they all got jerseys thrown in for good measure

Meanwhile Colm Boyle is apprehending people with imitation firearms

https://www.mayonews.ie/news/33175-man-who-drank-poitin-bought-an-air-gun-to-shoot-a-mouse

reillycavan

Quote from: whitey on January 26, 2021, 07:42:28 PM
A friend of a friend is a big wig at AIG

A bunch of execs were on a golf trip to Trumps Doonbeg property a few years ago and were hosted one night by the mighty Dubs....they all got jerseys thrown in for good measure

Meanwhile Colm Boyle is apprehending people with imitation firearms

https://www.mayonews.ie/news/33175-man-who-drank-poitin-bought-an-air-gun-to-shoot-a-mouse

Bring back Timothy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/the-inside-story-mayo-the-county-board-and-the-row-with-the-millionaire-38675616.html