Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

man in black

Quote from: muppet on September 15, 2009, 07:52:02 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on September 15, 2009, 09:10:48 AM
Keith Floyd RIP - I just watched the excellent show with Keith Allen on him last night too.

Even when I thought cookery was highly uncool, I enjoyed watching Floyd.

RIP.

Same as that.
A legend in my (cook) book. Best show he ever did was the one in South Africa where he was on an ostrich farm doing an ostrich curry. The other ostriches (ie the ones not in the pan) kept coming up and pecking at the wok. Floyd says to camera - im sure im going to get lots of letters about this, smiled and threw back a large glass of red wine. Fair play to him.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

ziggysego

Got the repeat of Keith on Keith last night on More4. Very good show. Had a lot of flaws, but very entertaining and a better chef than most of the cnuts on TV... as he put it ;)
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

The Tipperary County Board have revealed their regret following the passing of one of the county's hurling greats in Denis (Dinny) Ryan.

Roscrea man Ryan, alongside brothers Mick and Jack, was part of the three-in-a-row winning Tipperary team which won the All-Ireland SHC title from 1949 to 1951.

A statement from the Co Board read: 'It is with regret that Tipperary County Board announces the death of Denis (Dinny) Ryan of Roscrea and Tipperary.

'From a famed Roscrea hurling family, Dinny and his two brothers Mick and Jack all played for Tipperary and will be remembered for playing their part in the great three-in-a-row All-Ireland winning successes the county had from 1949 to 51.

'He was also a prominent player for many years with Roscrea. We extend our deepest sympathy to his family and friends. Go ndéana Dia trócaire ar a anam uasal.'

maggie

Claire Devine. (Tyrone Goalie's mum who passed away yesterday)
R.I.P

muppet

Quote from: maggie on September 29, 2009, 06:30:37 PM
Claire Devine. (Tyrone Goalie's mum who passed away yesterday)
R.I.P

Isn't that the 2nd passing in his family recently?

If it is that is hard going for him.

RIP
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Gaaboard username ziggysego circa 2003-2009.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

longrunsthefox

Very sensitive O'Neill after previous post on this thread... well done  ::)  I thot this thread at least was meant to be sincere.

ONeill

Ziggy sent a message that he wishes not to be mourned but celebrated.

tyrone86

Al Martino a.k.a. Johnny Fontaine from the Godfather

Doogie Browser

Quote from: tyrone86 on October 16, 2009, 12:35:02 AM
Al Martino a.k.a. Johnny Fontaine from the Godfather
a.k.a. Frank Sinatra

ONeill

A-Ha

A-Ha go their own ways after 25 years

Enduring chart act A-Ha are to split following a farewell tour next year, it was announced today.

The Norwegian trio, who were pin-ups for many years, will split after marking a quarter of a century since their debut release Hunting High And Low.

They will play their final shows in Oslo in December next year, rounding off a string of goodbye dates.

The band, who have also released a string of solo albums, achieved more than 35 million global album sales, with 15 Top 10 UK singles.

Announcing their split today, the band's Morten Harket, Magne Furuholmen and Paul Waaktaar-Savoy said bowing out would give them a chance to pursue "other meaningful aspects of life".

In a statement they said: "We've literally lived the ultimate boy's adventure tale, through a longer, more rewarding career than anyone could hope for.

"Doing this now will give us a chance to get more involved in other meaningful aspects of life, be it humanitarian work, politics, or whatever else - and of course through new constellations in the field of art and music.

"We are retiring as a band, not as individuals. Change is always difficult and it is easy to get set in one's ways. Now it is time to move on."

The band have released nine studio albums, their most recent, Foot Of The Mountain, making the UK top five.

They also had the distinction of recording a James Bond theme, The Living Daylights.

Coldplay have often talked about how the band were an inspiration.

A-Ha's debut single Take On Me reached number two in the UK in 1985 - accompanied by its groundreaking animated video - and the band followed it up with The Sun Always Shines On TV, which went to number one.

Details of tour dates will be announced nearer the time.

redhugh

Quote from: ONeill on October 16, 2009, 10:49:45 AM
A-Ha

A-Ha go their own ways after 25 years

Enduring chart act A-Ha are to split following a farewell tour next year, it was announced today.

The Norwegian trio, who were pin-ups for many years, will split after marking a quarter of a century since their debut release Hunting High And Low.

They will play their final shows in Oslo in December next year, rounding off a string of goodbye dates.

The band, who have also released a string of solo albums, achieved more than 35 million global album sales, with 15 Top 10 UK singles.

Announcing their split today, the band's Morten Harket, Magne Furuholmen and Paul Waaktaar-Savoy said bowing out would give them a chance to pursue "other meaningful aspects of life".

In a statement they said: "We've literally lived the ultimate boy's adventure tale, through a longer, more rewarding career than anyone could hope for.

"Doing this now will give us a chance to get more involved in other meaningful aspects of life, be it humanitarian work, politics, or whatever else - and of course through new constellations in the field of art and music.

"We are retiring as a band, not as individuals. Change is always difficult and it is easy to get set in one's ways. Now it is time to move on."

The band have released nine studio albums, their most recent, Foot Of The Mountain, making the UK top five.

They also had the distinction of recording a James Bond theme, The Living Daylights.

Coldplay have often talked about how the band were an inspiration.

A-Ha's debut single Take On Me reached number two in the UK in 1985 - accompanied by its groundreaking animated video - and the band followed it up with The Sun Always Shines On TV, which went to number one.

Details of tour dates will be announced nearer the time.

Sorry for your loss O'Neill...................but kinda happy for my gain :P

Doogie Browser

Ludovic Kennedy has died at the age of 89.  RIP.
A great human rights advocate, he was prominent in the Birmingham 6 campaign.

Sandino

Werner Heubeck the former Manager of Ulsterbus has died aged 89. he used to carry  bombs of  hijacked buses in Belfast during the troubles.

Source; BBC
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Donagh

Quote from: Sandino on October 19, 2009, 05:22:40 PM
Werner Heubeck the former Manager of Ulsterbus has died aged 89. he used to carry  bombs of  hijacked buses in Belfast during the troubles.

Source; BBC

An unrepentant Nazi by all accounts.