Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 22, 2018, 10:39:26 PM
Quote from: skeog on October 22, 2018, 06:08:23 PM
With live streaming radio commentary would be a non runner.
Why?
They have provided a brilliant service to Tyrone gaa over the last number of years, it was very poor form. To stop them covering this and especially at short notice like that.

It was an absolute disgrace for the county board to have stopped TTM from doing what they have been doing so well the last number of years and that's providing an amazing service to those of us like us down here in Dublin and beyond who depend on them for superb coverage of most of our games.
I was at the launch of the Paul McGirr tournament on Friday night and was thinking how well TTM have covered so many of the good things in Tyrone GAA and then they are shut out at the last minute when they were on their way into the ground with all their equipment. Total kick in the face to someone who has been highly active in promoting our games very well the last 5 to 10 years or is it more now?

I presume TTM only get money now from their own advertising as they don't sell anything so could the county board not have worked with them rather than against them in this one. It sounds like total greed from Mr Kerr and his committee but I don't know the ins and outs but I do know a lot of ex pats were pissed off. This should be fed back to those in power how many people who were tuning into TTM last Sunday were disappointed.
We ourselves here in TAD had asked TTM to plug our event in the Clontarf Castle hotel for the Tyrone person of the year away on 3rd Nov as well.
I wonder did many sign up for the £8 TyroneGAA coverage? Was it any good?

square_ball

Great coverage and quality from the live feed. No issues at all with it.

Whatever about the ins and outs of teamtalk issue, I'd say it was certainly worth the £8 to watch both games from the comfort of my own home. I see many pubs around about were advertising that they were showing the matches so I'd say they were delighted.

Under Lights

Quote from: square_ball on October 23, 2018, 12:07:33 PM

Whatever about the ins and outs of teamtalk issue, I'd say it was certainly worth the £8 to watch both games from the comfort of my own home. I see many pubs around about were advertising that they were showing the matches so I'd say they were delighted.

The Live Feed is a great idea and I fully support and get behind that. No need for the county board to stop TTM coverage of the final as well though. TTM have coverage from many grounds in different rounds of the championship, to deny them the finals is appalling.

square_ball

Quote from: Under Lights on October 23, 2018, 12:28:55 PM

The Live Feed is a great idea and I fully support and get behind that. No need for the county board to stop TTM coverage of the final as well though. TTM have coverage from many grounds in different rounds of the championship, to deny them the finals is appalling.

Aye I'd agree with that. I think if you were going to pay the £8 for the live feed it wouldn't matter if teamtalk were there or not. I don't think it would have impacted greatly on purchases of the live feed. Poor enough form from the county board.

According to Eugene McConnell in an interview afterwards said there was 500 watching the first match and 1000 tuning into the senior game.

The Bearded One

Quote from: square_ball on October 23, 2018, 12:54:42 PM

Aye I'd agree with that. I think if you were going to pay the £8 for the live feed it wouldn't matter if teamtalk were there or not. I don't think it would have impacted greatly on purchases of the live feed. Poor enough form from the county board.

According to Eugene McConnell in an interview afterwards said there was 500 watching the first match and 1000 tuning into the senior game.

Take that with a pinch of salt if he said it...more likely 50 and 100..spoofer
It is what it is. Presumably.

never kickt a ball

Did the pubs have a beer glass sign in the corner of the screen?

WT4E

Quote from: square_ball on October 23, 2018, 12:54:42 PM

Suspiciously round numbers from Skinno!!!!!  :o

RetiredRessie

WT4E, When was the last time you's were in junior football?

WT4E

Quote from: RetiredRessie on October 23, 2018, 01:23:41 PM
WT4E, When was the last time you's were in junior football?

1994 when we won the junior championship - it'll be 25 years and the trap door is looming. :( Hoping we can pull some sort of performance out in the next game but will be very interesting to see who we are away to after next weekends games.

So 1994 - to date. Peaking with a great group of players in the early to mid noughties when we where consistently competing with the big names!

Tyrone Gaa

I believe the CB were sticking 2 fingers up to TTM.  The original concept for Tyrone TV involved TTM delivering the commentary of the games along with MAC AV doing the recording and broadcasting.  TTM then produced a bill that the CB didn't agree with so step forward Paddy Hunter who offered his services free of charge.

TTM will see themselves sidelined to the lesser games such as youth and ladies with the introduction of Tyrone TV when games are in Omagh and it will only be a matter of time before Tyrone TV attract their own sponsors. 
Living the dream!!!

trailer

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 23, 2018, 03:01:46 PM
I believe the CB were sticking 2 fingers up to TTM.  The original concept for Tyrone TV involved TTM delivering the commentary of the games along with MAC AV doing the recording and broadcasting.  TTM then produced a bill that the CB didn't agree with so step forward Paddy Hunter who offered his services free of charge.

TTM will see themselves sidelined to the lesser games such as youth and ladies with the introduction of Tyrone TV when games are in Omagh and it will only be a matter of time before Tyrone TV attract their own sponsors.

TTM are a pack of amateurs and bluffers. Glad to see them fucked out by the CB. Finally they've been exposed for what they are.

chieftain

Quote from: trailer on October 23, 2018, 03:41:56 PM

TTM are a pack of amateurs and bluffers. Glad to see them fucked out by the CB. Finally they've been exposed for what they are.

And whats that??

trailer

Quote from: chieftain on October 23, 2018, 03:43:56 PM
Quote from: trailer on October 23, 2018, 03:41:56 PM

And whats that??

Bluffers who tried to take over the CB. Thankfully their coup backfired spectacularly. It was only a matter of time until the CB fucked them over. It was wonderful that the CB waited until the last moments before the county final to do it.

Under Lights

Regale the story of the Coup for those not in the know Trailer.

Settling in. This could be good.
Jason Alexander to play Noel McGinn in the movie.

omaghjoe

Damian Harvey presumably... Tyrone's very own Rupert Murdoch is seems :P