Tailteann Cup 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, May 03, 2024, 01:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Could easily see Sligo having a right go at this.

imtommygunn

Kildare have much better players than anyone else there then second you would likely have down. Sligo aren't bad and could put the cat amongst the pigeons.

seafoid

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 06, 2024, 09:47:21 AM
Quote from: thejuice on May 06, 2024, 08:31:28 AMIt would be great to see a real minnow win this. Hopefully Wicklow can do it.

Not sure about Antrim, they haven't really taken off under Andy McEntee. They were good against us last year in the semi final but I thought he'd have them promoted in the league.
Kildare have the talent obviously so if they got the finger out would be strong but I can't see it. Outside that you'd imagine Down and Fermanagh as highest ranking teams would be favourites.

Interested to see how Wicklow and Sligo go as I'd say one of their managers will be in with us within the next couple of years.
Fermanagh have never even won a provincial title . The ultimate minnows. 

imtommygunn

I think Sligo are potential winners here.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

They were very poor against Offaly I think it was? Down will blitz most teams tbh and then if the likes of Kildare get the finger out they could beat them. Sligo based on Galway game looked decent. Not sure about Fermanagh.

Captain Scarlet

We have been waiting all year for a reaction in Kildare, but nothing is coming. Oyr fitness levels are way off and Wicklow should have got something out of the game.

If a team sets up well against us, and it's a tight game I'd be worried. Hopefully it will click a bit and a few wins will get us going and into the knock-out stages with a bit of confidence.

The fact that if we did win it, it'd mean we can try more lads in Div 3 without the pressure iof having to win it to get back into Sam. Gettin' very far ahead of myself here...

But, all teams should fancy a crack as we just don't have our house in order.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

statto

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 06, 2024, 04:55:20 PMKildare have much better players than anyone else there then second you would likely have down. Sligo aren't bad and could put the cat amongst the pigeons.
I would have Down ahead of Kildare on the basis they have players who have experienced a final in Croker already and the fact they have a number of Kilcoo players who have the experience of winning big games in croker.  Kildare have flattered to deceive for a long time now. 

Captain Scarlet

But sure as I said the punditry is terrible...namecheck Dan Flynn and Feely, then say we have great players and shouldn't be down here...

Like Flynn has been poor for 2 seasons and there are newer lads in who are really not up to it.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

seafoid

Down 7/4
Kildare 4/1
Sligo 11/2
Fermanagh 8/1