Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Perhaps the DUP should stop propping up a government and prime minister who have no regard for the people of the area they represent....all for the sake of the precious union, which ironically could fall apart if the no-dealer's get their way!

I don't get the anti-Corbyn rhetoric myself, I think he seems genuine and has a level of morality about him. If he had declared a position of remain for Labour, he would leave himself open to claims of being anti-democratic to declare against the result of the referendum. I'd have him as prime minister any day of the week especially when compared to any of the Tory leadership.

Everyone can see this move by Bojo for what it is. He's playing a clever game to get his own agenda and has no trouble in telling all the lies in the world to get his way. Unfortunately, the little Englander electorate would probably vote for them all over again in a GE as all they understand is Europe bad England good.

I do despair for the future of my own kids in this country.

Franko

Quote from: trailer on August 28, 2019, 09:50:04 PM
If only Sinn Fein would get up and help the people. They'll be guilty if a No-Deal happens.

I was waiting to see what idiot made this argument.

Congrats.

You won.

Keyser soze

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 29, 2019, 07:46:29 AM
Quote from: trailer on August 28, 2019, 09:50:04 PM
If only Sinn Fein would get up and help the people. They'll be guilty if a No-Deal happens.

I actually think yesterday's developments prove the fallacy of entering the house of commons. It is utterly pointless.

Exactly. 

Rossfan

I'd imagine SF are quite happy to leave Johnson and his DUPUDA mates to advance the future All Ireland State.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tyrone08

Sinn fein are even more useless than the DUP. They want people to vote for them but wont go to Westminster to fight for them. What exactly is the point of sinn fein at the minute- as they are not even back in stormont.

While the DUP maybe responsible for the whole mess all sinn Fein have done is sit on their hole

WT4E

SF taking their seats would only inflame the situation. They go to Westminster and first thing DUP would be peddling would be are you going to let the Ra come in here and dictate and get more people on their lunatic side.

However read an interesting idea recently.... if SF gave up their seats and let independents with no ties to SF take them for an agreed amount of time to help the north get true representation would that be an option?

Rossfan

There's no time for it now even if it was.
However if there's a GE they should get together with SDLP/Alliance/Greens to field only 1 Candidate in any place where there's a hope if unseating a Inionist.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

t_mac

Quote from: Rossfan on August 29, 2019, 11:29:05 AM
However if there's a GE they should get together with SDLP/Alliance/Greens to field only 1 Candidate in any place where there's a hope if unseating a Inionist.

Would never happen shinners don't do compromise they are as intransigent as DUP.

sensethetone

Quote from: t_mac on August 29, 2019, 11:51:05 AM

Would never happen shinners don't do compromise they are as intransigent as DUP.

SF one time didn't run a candidate in south Belfast. SDLP got the seat, AFAIK.

BennyCake

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 29, 2019, 11:02:54 AM
Sinn fein are even more useless than the DUP. They want people to vote for them but wont go to Westminster to fight for them. What exactly is the point of sinn fein at the minute- as they are not even back in stormont.

While the DUP maybe responsible for the whole mess all sinn Fein have done is sit on their hole

Why do SF even run candidates in a British-called GE, within a British-led statelet? By SF taking part in these elections, they are legitimising partition, and that this part of Ireland is in the UK. Not only that, but when they sat in Stormont, they're doing the same.

Yet they refuse to take seats in Westminster after all that. I mean, wtf?

tyrone08

Quote from: BennyCake on August 29, 2019, 12:38:38 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 29, 2019, 11:02:54 AM

Why do SF even run candidates in a British-called GE, within a British-led statelet? By SF taking part in these elections, they are legitimising partition, and that this part of Ireland is in the UK. Not only that, but when they sat in Stormont, they're doing the same.

Yet they refuse to take seats in Westminster after all that. I mean, wtf?

Exactly. They dont want to be seen by their base to support British rule which is why the refuse their seats. I'm convinced that sinn fein dont want a United ireland as it would mean more or less the death of their party. They want to be seen supporting it so they get the Republican votes.

t_mac

It's all about the pound, their current leadership is totally inept.

RedHand88

Quote from: WT4E on August 29, 2019, 11:06:04 AM
SF taking their seats would only inflame the situation. They go to Westminster and first thing DUP would be peddling would be are you going to let the Ra come in here and dictate and get more people on their lunatic side.

However read an interesting idea recently.... if SF gave up their seats and let independents with no ties to SF take them for an agreed amount of time to help the north get true representation would that be an option?

This ideas was floated on here and the best suggestion was Adrian Dunbar. I'd rather have an empty seat.

RedHand88

Quote from: t_mac on August 29, 2019, 11:51:05 AM

Absolute not true. SF proposed a pact with the Sdlp in...2010? SF stood aside in south belfast, and asked would Sdlp do that same in FST.

The stoops said no, SF stood aside regardless.

Your hatred for all things SF, which you are entitled to have of course, is clouding your judgement. Same as trailer who would blame a no deal Brexit on the shinners!

t_mac

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 29, 2019, 01:43:22 PM
Quote from: WT4E on August 29, 2019, 11:06:04 AM

This ideas was floated on here and the best suggestion was Adrian Dunbar. I'd rather have an empty seat.

As long as you have already discussed it and made your conclusions, sure that's fine. ::)