GAA in Britain

Started by BennyHarp, June 20, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

In the Pennine League Div 1, Bros Pearse must have got a few players back and improved significantly this weekend as they only lost to Mitchells by 6 points. Cuchulainns beat Brendan's by 5 or 6, i'm sure brendans abu with correct me on that one. In Div 2, St benedicts beat st anns 0-15 to 1-5 and chester didnt travel to play JFK. Anyone know any other scores from yesterday?
That was never a square ball!!

Brendans abu

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 26, 2010, 09:21:11 AM
In the Pennine League Div 1, Bros Pearse must have got a few players back and improved significantly this weekend as they only lost to Mitchells by 6 points. Cuchulainns beat Brendan's by 5 or 6, i'm sure brendans abu with correct me on that one. In Div 2, St benedicts beat st anns 0-15 to 1-5 and chester didnt travel to play JFK. Anyone know any other scores from yesterday?

I was away so wasn't at the game. Was told we were beaten by 4 points and it was cliose until the end.

Mickey Conway had to play 20 minutes because of an injury, Mickey made his debut for Brendans in the late 70's so that give his age away.

inisceithleann

Quote from: Brendans abu on April 26, 2010, 08:04:23 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 26, 2010, 09:21:11 AM

I was away so wasn't at the game. Was told we were beaten by 4 points and it was cliose until the end.

Mickey Conway had to play 20 minutes because of an injury, Mickey made his debut for Brendans in the late 70's so that give his age away.

We beat Ellan Vannin Gaels on Saturday afternoon on the Isle of Man. They've a great set up going at Douglas rugby club. Great night out over there as well!
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

southdown

Are there may Irish lads on the Isle of Man side, or are they all native islanders?

It's supposed to be a great night out!

inisceithleann

Quote from: southdown on April 27, 2010, 08:40:09 AM
Are there may Irish lads on the Isle of Man side, or are they all native islanders?

It's supposed to be a great night out!

There's a fair few Irish on the island, a lot more than we expected. A lot of them seem to be teachers or fellas with trades. A lot of the rugby supporters stayed on after their game to watch ours and there was a lot of interest from them. Hopefully nearly all the teams go over to play them this season as it's great exposure for the game over there.

southdown

It must be hard for them to promote the game on the island, you could say they are stuck between a rock and a hard place!

Lancashire should be interesteing this year as Mitchels seem to be just about winning, whilst the Manchester teams are improving.  Any word on the new club in Liverpool?  I din;t think it is a hoax like St Ambrose's was!

inisceithleann

Quote from: southdown on April 27, 2010, 11:42:29 AM
It must be hard for them to promote the game on the island, you could say they are stuck between a rock and a hard place!

Lancashire should be interesteing this year as Mitchels seem to be just about winning, whilst the Manchester teams are improving.  Any word on the new club in Liverpool?  I din;t think it is a hoax like St Ambrose's was!

The new club Wolfe Tones are definitely forming, they have formally expressed their interest with the county board. Anyone know who the fellas are who are forming the club?

Brendans abu

Mitchells beat us by a point in the Junior league last night at Hough End, was a decent standard for a Junior game.

Any other results from last night?

BennyHarp

Last night in Pennine League 1 Lawrences beat Bros Pearse by 6/7 points, in Div 2 St Benedicts beat JFK by 2 and on Wed night Young Irelands beat Hugh O'Neills.

Anyone know how Peter's v Anne's went?
That was never a square ball!!

Brendans abu

We were beaten by Mitchells by 5 points yesterday, we went in a point ahead at half time but a combination of running out of steam, bad decision making and off course Mitchells playing very well in the second half led to a Mitchells win in sweltering conditions.

Oisins had a cracking result yesterday, anyone at it?

See JFK's didn't travel against Peters, but what about St Benedicts against Ann's?

damomurphy

Hi can anybody tell me whats the best best place to watch All Ireland Huring/Football in birmingham/wolverhampton area? tried a few pubs but can anyone tell me the best?

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: damomurphy on May 29, 2010, 10:55:25 AM
Hi can anybody tell me whats the best best place to watch All Ireland Huring/Football in birmingham/wolverhampton area? tried a few pubs but can anyone tell me the best?

Vaughans in Hall Green Birmingham is a good place to watch the matches. I would say the Emerald club in Wolverhampton would be your best bet although I haven't watched a game there. The atmosphere would be good in Vaughans with a good few Cork people in there including the owner.

damomurphy

Thanks hall green sounds a bit far for me. i have been to emerald club in wolverhampton before and its good but will be in birimingham city centre tomorrow so was thinking of watching the game there if i could. anywhere in the city worth going to?

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: damomurphy on May 29, 2010, 11:38:50 PM
Thanks hall green sounds a bit far for me. i have been to emerald club in wolverhampton before and its good but will be in birimingham city centre tomorrow so was thinking of watching the game there if i could. anywhere in the city worth going to?
There would be a few around digbeth but not much atmosphere a 3 or 4 mile taxi drive to Vaughans might be worth it if your watcing the hurling tomorrow as there would be a good few hurling lads from both counties.

supersarsfields

Mitchells won the league yesterday with a good win over oisins. Final score 3-11 to 2-6 I think.