Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Any Antrim clubs entering Martin Fogarty's U13 and U15 Tain leagues?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 23, 2020, 08:50:54 AM
Start of the league this weekend away to Wicklow then home to Mayo. those are two games that you would be wanting us to be winning before a tough game away to Offaly.

I dont think you can use the Keohe Cup game as much of a yardstick but on paper we should be beating them. With the Cdall lads back, the Johnnies players along with G Walsh etc all in the squad its prob the strongest panel we have had in the last few seasons.

Its the best opening games we could have hoped for to be honest. Heading down to the Offaly game hopefully, (though I'm ref'ing the winter league so hopefully no games) and I'd like to see us put a marker down for the league with a win their. The main thing this year should be the Joe McDonagh cup in fairness, it has the biggest prize at the end of it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 13, 2020, 08:58:00 AM
by all accounts we played well enough. when you consider that Keelan and James have barely played a game they both got through the game rightly. add to that we have Ciaran Clarke to add back in there, conal cunning etc we have a good solid panel of players.

I know we wont lose any sleep over the Keohe Cup but it was good to see us get so many games in the build up to the League start at the end of the month. Offaly will be the team to beat in our league this year, along with Kerry, so its good to get a barometer of where we are against them at the moment.

Whats the story with Ciarán Clarke. Has he been injured or is working away???

Na Glinntí Glasa

Last i heard Clarkey was injured just. Maybe some of the BC lads would know for 100%
hurl like f**k boi!

saffman

Group 1
St.Johns, Dunloy, Ballycastle, Rossa
Group 2
Cushendall, Loughuile, st endas, st galls

Obv the group setting doesnt allow much for an 'upset' as such...
However certainly room for clubs to break into that top 4
Im sure ballycastle & rossa will be eyeing eachother up similarly and st endas and st galls in group 2.

Personally i feel Rossa or ballycastle on their day could turn over one of the big guns, whats peoples thoughts on something similar happening in group 2??

marty34

Quote from: saffman on February 08, 2020, 09:07:17 AM
Group 1
St.Johns, Dunloy, Ballycastle, Rossa
Group 2
Cushendall, Loughuile, st endas, st galls

Obv the group setting doesnt allow much for an 'upset' as such...
However certainly room for clubs to break into that top 4
Im sure ballycastle & rossa will be eyeing eachother up similarly and st endas and st galls in group 2.

Personally i feel Rossa or ballycastle on their day could turn over one of the big guns, whats peoples thoughts on something similar happening in group 2??

Is the game v Tipp in Belfast an all-ticket game?

imtommygunn

imtommygunn

That Davitts setup looks a lot better than corrigan.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on February 08, 2020, 03:33:21 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 08, 2020, 02:33:39 PM

It is

Have you been at it?

It's a brilliant set up, it's been built on my old school pitch, been said already Davitts have had to wait a long time to get the right area, from the Falls park to Twinbrook, Davitt's hadn't an actual home venue.

The amazing work the committee and everyone else involved with them has produced a great set up, unfortunately space in Belfast is at a premium so parking will always be tight at these venues.

Corrigan's first phase up and running, it'll be hosting the finals provided the Johnny's aren't in them until (if ever) Casement is built. Even then it's not a guarantee

imtommygunn

It is great to see. Corrigan needs a lot of work with the stand having been kicked down. Hopefully it will get that over the next few years.

I haven't been at the davitts ground but the photos look great.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 08, 2020, 05:04:38 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on February 08, 2020, 03:33:21 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 08, 2020, 02:33:39 PM

It is

Have you been at it?

It's a brilliant set up, it's been built on my old school pitch, been said already Davitts have had to wait a long time to get the right area, from the Falls park to Twinbrook, Davitt's hadn't an actual home venue.

The amazing work the committee and everyone else involved with them has produced a great set up, unfortunately space in Belfast is at a premium so parking will always be tight at these venues.

Corrigan's first phase up and running, it'll be hosting the finals provided the Johnny's aren't in them until (if ever) Casement is built. Even then it's not a guarantee

Yes, today
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Na Glinntí Glasa

was at the game on saturday and was very impressed with their set up and facilities. pitch looked in fantastic shape as well which made the game very fast paced for a friendly.

Was stood up on the hill at the corner flag and had a perfect view of the game. this will hopefully really give the club a big boost going forward into the future. you can see what it meant to their members and the blooms of this are now being seen with Davitts fielding a senior camogie team this year for the first time.

things like this can give a club a real lift and help to build it. long may it continue for them.
hurl like f**k boi!