Should Eoin McGrath Have Taken The Point?

Started by agorm, July 29, 2007, 10:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnoc16

but all im saying is that it is a possibility, what would happen if that was the case? anyone ever see it at club level, a fella just refusing to leave the field....

maxpower

never seen a player refuse to come off, have seen players refuse to come on often enough
What happens next????

Lecale2

Seen plenty of lads refuse to leave when they've been sent off!

milltown row

being a senior senior member of the club and managing reserve teams in the past, lads that i left doing the line have tried to take me off, taking the piss of course, and i've refused to go off.

obviously if it was a serious league game i'b be off, pissed off, but that's just they way it is.

watching the game i could not believe he went for goal, yes had he scored then he would have been a hero but he's a sub for a reason, quality player but, as was earlier done in the match, flynn knew Donal is a great keeper and when he shot for goal on the opposite side (IMO, and harder chance) he placed the ball low and boucing, very difficult for a keeper to judge, Eoin's was good height for keeper, quality save but keepers love that ball

belleaqua

McGrath should have taken the point. Does the fact that he missed not prove that?? ???

Id seriously question his decision making. Not only was he on his weak side but he was shooting off his hurley which seriously lessens his chances, and he's up against the best goalie in the country who only 2 minutes earlier has pulled off a point blank save from Flynn(arguably the hardest striker of a ball in the country at present) from 21 yards. It was complete madness.

Also as Cork were 4 up only 2 mins earlier a point and a draw at that stage would have given Waterford a great psychological advantage which has maybe swung the other way with Cork feeling cheated out of it, although it was a free.

My biggest gripe was with the corner back! Why didnt he pull him down after he knew he couldnt stop him?!