Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guy crouchback

Yea, it looked like the Bould Jesus knew the game was up and took the easy way out. the cavan lad was well on top of the situation and looked like he would have won handy.

small white mayoman

went to the boxing on saturday night, really enjoyable night no way did dunne win the 10 rounds in fact i'd say he would be lucky to have won 6 of them. On a side issue never came across thicker doormen in my life not from mayo of course ;) could do with learning some manners talk about been on a  power trip
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

Davitt Man

At least the crowd in castlebar didnt boo Machuda they gave him a good reception not like the last fight i watched in letterkenny when they booed mccloskeys opponent

ThatManJimmyMagee

did anyone watch last man standing on friday night?? a good nights entertainment though not a lot of classy fighting going on.

Rogan was very lively from the get-go in each of his fights - i wouldnt fancy wrestling him outside the White Fort on a Saturday night anyhow!

theres talk of more of these events for different weights, not sure if lightweights would be the same entertainment.

AZOffaly

I watched that Prizefighter thing as well. Suffice to say that I think Rogan wouldn't have beaten Dolan in a 10 or 12 round fight. He is a throwback to the old barroom brawler type. Still nice to see the tricolour when he won though :D

ThatManJimmyMagee

yeah, noticed that - Magee was in his corner and wasnt long throwing the flag over him! total bar room brawler alright which is probably why he went all out straight away as he knew he had to do some damage early on as Dolan would have outboxed him simply.

nrico2006

What time is Joe C Wales' fight on Saturday night?  4am? 

I hope he shuts Hopkins up for good, I particularly like what he said when interviewed yesterday - "My dad always taught me to respect my elders, but the old man's going to get battered on Saturday night for 12 rounds."
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hollow Man

QuoteBizarre ending to the first fight as well. Yes it was a low blow but don't think it hit Jesus on the "crown jewels" (Jimmy Magee your a legend!). Seemed like he didn't want to know to be honest. Reminded me a wee bit of that Irish title fight on Sky a couple of years ago (think it involved a lad called McDonagh) where one of fellas seemed to take a dive.

Things that were wrong with that post

1 It wasn't a low blow

2 It was Jim Rock who went on about crown jewels, not Magee

3 That fight was Gomez v McDonagh, the most infamous Irish fight of the last ten years. If you don't know that, you have no business commenting on a boxing thread!

Yer Ma

If Calzaghe can keep his cool then he should win on Saturday but it'll be a battle for him I think and will need to protect his chin as well.

Against Salem he lost his shape and got knocked down, and Bika roughed him up a lot too. If he avoids getting trapped in close, he should be able to outpoint Hopkins all being well.

I haven't seen much of Hopkins but you know he's going to be a canny operator in there.

Uladh

I really think Calzaghe can't lose this fight - famous last words!

If i had a house i'd put it on Calzaghe

Fishbat

Quote from: Uladh on April 17, 2008, 12:56:24 PM

I really think Calzaghe can't lose this fight - famous last words!

If i had a house i'd put it on Calzaghe

ah FFS, thats the blight on now!

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Rav67

This fight will go the distance, Calzaghe to win by about 4 rounds I think.  Hope the judges are fair to him.

heganboy

With 10 minutes to go I thought I'd comment, Hopkins doesn't seem to be to be his usual self in the pre-fight brouhaha. Either he's not as confident as he usually is, or he has found something in his armoury that he thinks no-one knows about. I think he's nervous and fancy wee Joe to take him, maybe in a late round stoppage, but I think Calzaghe should be comfortably ahead in the late rounds and be able to catch Hopkins when he gets desperate,
SHould be a good one.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Tyrones own

That link isn't working for me Gerry, this one is though:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/freelivefootball
The commentators have them level going in to the 10th round.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann