McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toby47

Quote from: pbat on January 14, 2019, 07:34:13 PM
Im working across the water Saturday night, can you watch TG4 online?

The app on your phone/tablet is a good job. Can watch Live on it

Throw ball

Quote from: pbat on January 14, 2019, 07:34:13 PM
Im working across the water Saturday night, can you watch TG4 online?

BBC showing it online.

Over the Bar

Expect Armagh to go hammer and tongs to win this one while Tyrone will give the cubs a run out.  An Armagh win will have everyone thinking that McGeeny's tactics are finally working only to be followed by a mediocre League campaign and first round exit to Down in Ulster.

DuffleKing

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 17, 2019, 11:10:20 AM
Expect Armagh to go hammer and tongs to win this one while Tyrone will give the cubs a run out.  An Armagh win will have everyone thinking that McGeeny's tactics are finally working only to be followed by a mediocre League campaign and first round exit to Down in Ulster.

Won't be any cubs sir

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/2019/01/17/news/sigerson-cup-games-must-move-back-to-mid-week-as-tyrone-lose-seven-players-for-mckenna-cup-final-mickey-harte-1529748/

Ethan Tremblay

All joking aside, what constitutes a good season for Armagh this year? A decent string of results in the league? An ulster final appearance? Super 8 appearance?

And vice versa what do the Tyrone fans think is a good year for them? All Ireland potentially after last year?
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

DuffleKing

Top half of the league and Super 8s

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on January 17, 2019, 11:28:29 AM
All joking aside, what constitutes a good season for Armagh this year? A decent string of results in the league? An ulster final appearance? Super 8 appearance?

And vice versa what do the Tyrone fans think is a good year for them? All Ireland potentially after last year?

Exiting the championship to anyone other than Dublin would constitute a disappointing year for Tyrone IMO. And if we faced Dublin in the semi-final or final I would expect a closer game than last years final.

I would also like to see us challenging for a League final for the first time in a few years. I think we will definitely be targeting the Dublin game as the more games we play without beating them it becomes more of a monkey on our backs come championship time.

Fuzzman

Beating Kerry,Mayo or the Dubs in the summer would mark a good year for me.
We did well to beat Donegal in their home patch last year but we just about beat Monaghan in the semi.

Kerry and Mayo would still consider themselves better than Tyrone until we beat them in a significant game. It's almost 11 years now since we beat any of the top 3 in championship.
Saying that we seem to have a lot more exciting forwards to pick from this year and that's not even including Daragh the Great.

tyroneman

I think this is the strongest panel Armagh have had since the glory years - especially among the forwards.

I would expect them to beat Down and Cavan, but not Monaghan. Definitely a big scalp in them.

For Tyrone a good year would be more adventurous football, an AISF appearance and beating either Kerry or Dublin.

tyroneman

Quote from: tyroneman on January 17, 2019, 12:58:26 PM

I think this is the strongest panel Armagh have had since the glory years - especially among the forwards.

I would expect them to beat Down and Cavan, but not Monaghan. Definitely a big scalp in them.

For Tyrone a good year would be more adventurous football, an AISF appearance and beating either Kerry or Dublin.

I'd be super confident of Armagh wining the McKenna final this weekend

BennyCake

Trophies are what it's all about. Realistically, we're not going to win the AI. So, I'd like a Div 2 title and an Ulster title.

A couple of wins in the qualifiers won't be seen as progress. Only a super 8 appearance will be seen as a sort of progress. Anything less, and we're going backwards.

lurganblue

The run in the McKenna cup has only shown that Armagh have a better squad depth of talent this year and that's something that we all could have easily said a few months ago anyway. Whether or not the improved squad will drive them on to have an improved 15 is yet to be seen.

I'd be happy to perform well in the league and remain in Div2. Beat Down and make the super 8s (and not be beat out the gate while in it).  Non of that is an easy ask for this squad but I'd be optimistic.

Targetman

Armagh 2/1 on Saturday night, have to be worth a punt!

ONeill

Quote from: Targetman on January 17, 2019, 06:41:03 PM
Armagh 2/1 on Saturday night, have to be worth a punt!

Definitely
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Aaron Boone

Tyrone have been in every final this decade so they are fair favorites.

Granted Armagh have had a tougher route to the this year's decider and have home advantage, but Tyrone's McKenna Cup record is so strong.