Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on April 18, 2017, 08:46:14 PM

Sky or RTÉ? RTE would be more box office for the viewer but less cash in hand.
Rachel Wyse sitting on a high stool saying nothing is more box office for the viewer than Joe Brolly playing the old cranky lady on RTE.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Jinxy on April 18, 2017, 08:43:12 PM
If you're trying to say you don't take Joe too seriously, say that and nothing else.
This sounds to me like Joe got to him a bit.

This is the problem...Joe makes a controversial and often personal comment about someone and if the person attempts to defend himself or make any form of public rebuttal, people start going on about the person biting or how Joe has got under their skin. He's done a good job at making himself virtually bullet proof has oul Joe.
That was never a square ball!!

Jinxy

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 18, 2017, 09:35:53 PM
If you're trying to say you don't take Joe too seriously, say that and nothing else.

This is the problem...Joe makes a controversial and often personal comment about someone and if the person attempts to defend himself or make any form of public rebuttal, people start going on about the person biting or how Joe has got under their skin. He's done a good job at making himself virtually bullet proof has oul Joe.

The secret is... don't bother.
He's just provided Joe with new material.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Zulu

I agree Benny. No harm in responding to public criticism every now and again and so what if Brolly's view has irked Cooper somewhat? Joe is articulate enough to make BS sound like rationale analysis. Joe makes some good points at times and is a better pundit than some of the others but when he talks rubbish it can be a special kind.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Jinxy on April 18, 2017, 10:05:36 PM

Exactly, so Joe realises that the platforms he has created for himself and his high profile means that he can say whatever he wants without fear of rebuke. Its a bullying nature and is accepted without question where Joe is concerned.. People side with the bully or don't question him so he doesn't turn on them, keep the head down, say nothing and he'll move on to someone else.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 18, 2017, 09:34:28 PM

Rachel Wyse sitting on a high stool saying nothing is more box office for the viewer than Joe Brolly playing the old cranky lady on RTE.

Only if you're deaf or have a hard on for Peter and Jimmy ignoring the wildly cynical and putrid nature of modern football, something they were chief architects of. The Sky love-in lasted all of one summer in everywhere but the north, it seems. If you want to get your rocks off and the best you can do is a GAA presenter on a stool you've a poor imagination.

The reason Brolly has a thread that's 224 pages long is because he's relevant, like it or not. Can't say the same for the Sky cheerleaders..

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Syferus on April 18, 2017, 10:31:37 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 18, 2017, 09:34:28 PM

Only if you're deaf or have a hard on for Peter and Jimmy ignoring the wildly cynical and putrid nature of modern football, something they were chief architects of. The Sky love-in lasted all of one summer in everywhere but the north, it seems. If you want to get your rocks off and the best you can do is a GAA presenter on a stool you've a poor imagination.

The reason Brolly has a thread that's 224 pages long is because he's relevant, like it or not. Can't say the same for the Sky cheerleaders..
Stop playing the Joe Brolly cheerleader and stop picking fights with people, lad.

Jinxy

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 18, 2017, 10:23:09 PM

Exactly, so Joe realises that the platforms he has created for himself and his high profile means that he can say whatever he wants without fear of rebuke. Its a bullying nature and is accepted without question where Joe is concerned.. People side with the bully or don't question him so he doesn't turn on them, keep the head down, say nothing and he'll move on to someone else.

He's got pretty much nothing but abuse over his Cooper comments.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

MoChara

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 18, 2017, 09:23:40 PM
I think it's funny the interviewer thought he said 'the bait' instead of 'debate'.

I noticed that myself  ;D ;D

Applesisapples

Joe said that cooper was a good player but maybe did not show leadership at times it was need? give or take thats what he said. I presume thats as he sees it as a pundit. Is he not entitled to the view? I would have thought myself that in recent years for both Crokes and Kerry that was the case. But if reviewing Gooch's overall contribution to gaelic football I'd say he was at times sublime and one of the best forwards to grace the game. It's all a matter of opinion, innit.

ck

Quote from: Jinxy on April 18, 2017, 11:31:08 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 18, 2017, 10:23:09 PM

He's got pretty much nothing but abuse over his Cooper comments.

The more abuse Joe gets the more he loves it as it keeps him relevant. Joe knows rightly that Cooper was the best ever forward but what attention would Joe get if he just agreed with that. He also loves to hail "positive" football by saying Dublin play with "adventure". Yeah right Joe, show me a team without the talent Dublin have and let me see them play with "adventure". Again Joe knows the reality but reality doesnt add to his profile. He is a talented crafter of an argument and manages to convince many as a result but lets face it we all know ge talks utter sh*te. Hes an entertainer not an analyst and should not be taken seriously.

Fuzzman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=325szrMpyrc

He gives the ref a hard time around the 7min mark

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 02, 2017, 11:24:40 PM
The latest:

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/braypeople/lifestyle/thank-you-gooch-youre-an-inspiration-35653676.html

Joe loved the interview because he knew that in an interview that should have solely been about the career of a superb sportsman, the focus would at some point turn to Joe himself. Mission accomplished for Joe. Now to write a bullshitty little article about what a great fella Gooch is altogether and how there's no hard feelings.