Adele - ticketmaster in general!

Started by Green Fields, December 04, 2015, 08:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Fields

Gits now I have to try for Justin Bieber - these I hope I dont get  ;D

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: foxcommander on December 16, 2015, 04:02:30 PM
If only all other artists had joined Pearl Jam 20 years ago in going after ticketmaster...
Exactly, unfortunately no other big act were willing to make a stand. Ticketmaster are now bigger than ever and ticket prices are through the roof.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Green Fields

Sorry but what did Perl Jam do or try to do?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Green Fields on December 17, 2015, 08:52:21 AM
They filed a lawsuit against Ticketmaster as they felt they held a monopoly on concert tickets and where charging exorbitant fees. the band wanted to be able to offer more affordable tickets to fans and they felt ticketmaster where restricting them from doing that.
When they tried to organise their own tour without ticketmaster they found that ticketmaster had 'allegedly'  warned off any of the venues against taking a PJ show without their involvement.

In the end the band had to give in and ended up going back to tickemaster to distribute their concert tickets, so you could say they gave in/ lost the battle.

I have been to see them several times though and even now they are always a lot cheaper to see than a lot of big stadium rock acts, Typically around £30-£35 a ticket

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Green Fields

No Justin Bieber tickets but suspected nothing else - their sister resell site will have hundreds though at 800 euros a pop.

foxcommander

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 17, 2015, 09:05:50 AM
Quote from: Green Fields on December 17, 2015, 08:52:21 AM
They filed a lawsuit against Ticketmaster as they felt they held a monopoly on concert tickets and where charging exorbitant fees. the band wanted to be able to offer more affordable tickets to fans and they felt ticketmaster where restricting them from doing that.
When they tried to organise their own tour without ticketmaster they found that ticketmaster had 'allegedly'  warned off any of the venues against taking a PJ show without their involvement.

In the end the band had to give in and ended up going back to tickemaster to distribute their concert tickets, so you could say they gave in/ lost the battle.

I have been to see them several times though and even now they are always a lot cheaper to see than a lot of big stadium rock acts, Typically around £30-£35 a ticket

They realised if they continued down the path they were going they'd be finished as a band. As much as I admire their stand I'm glad they chose to let it go.

It's a real joke how ticketmaster have such a monopoly. The seatwave stuff though is mind-boggling legalised touting..
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie