The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Okay, Liverpool got a German team. Augsburg will be pasting my desire to get Dortmund on their dressing room wall for motivation.

seafoid

I would be very interested to see a chart of Liverpool supporters by age in Ireland. I bet there are fewer under the age of 30.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Bingo

Quote from: seafoid on December 14, 2015, 12:48:21 PM
I would be very interested to see a chart of Liverpool supporters by age in Ireland. I bet there are fewer under the age of 30.

I couldn't find anything for you but the best I can find is that 100% of Liverpool fans in Ireland are Liverpool fans.

Take from that what you can and the best of luck with your research.

deiseach

Evertonians will tell you that 100% of Liverpool fans are from Ireland.

Bingo

Quote from: deiseach on December 14, 2015, 01:00:19 PM
Evertonians will tell you that 100% of Liverpool fans are from Ireland.

50% Ireland, 50% Norway.

stew

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 13, 2015, 08:04:01 PM
Klopp obviously knows the crowd can make a big difference during home games.  Thought it a great move at end, also lets the players  know who they playing for.

Well said, I agree 100%.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

Fewer than what? Fewer than over 30? I'd say you are right. And I'd say there's more Man City and Chelsea fans under 30 than over 30. That's hardly rocket science.

That said, I've been surprised how many young lads are Liverpool fans. I think it's the Dad influence. They'll have to win something soon or they'll all go support Man City or someone like that.

stew

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 14, 2015, 01:15:22 PM

Fewer than what? Fewer than over 30? I'd say you are right. And I'd say there's more Man City and Chelsea fans under 30 than over 30. That's hardly rocket science.

That said, I've been surprised how many young lads are Liverpool fans. I think it's the Dad influence. They'll have to win something soon or they'll all go support Man City or someone like that.

It is amazing how much influence your da has on your choice, that said, Bennydorano's brother is a great friend of mine and he was a class footballer in both codes, he is a hardcore Liverpool fan, his son is a Man United fan to the core and it shocked the hell out of me to find that out recently, my father was a United fan until Fergie came, he cannot stand the man for some reason but I stayed the course and still want United to win every game.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Geoff Tipps

I'm a big Liverpool fan as is my son........he just doesn't know it yet!!

deiseach

laoislad

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on December 14, 2015, 03:26:20 PM

I'm a big Liverpool fan as is my son........he just doesn't know it yet!!
Same as that! its bad enough they are Dubs, can you imagine if they became United fans also.... Jesus even the thought of it has me in a cold sweat.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armamike

Quote from: annapr on December 14, 2015, 08:27:12 AM
Quote from: Quagmire on December 13, 2015, 11:57:38 PM
There's alot more interaction with the crowd and players after matches in Germany though, it's pretty commonplace to see things like that going on. There was a clip on Twitter earlier of the Dortmund team in a line like Liverpool in front of their support and the whole place singing Jingle Bells after their match!
I think this more or less is it on a nutshell.
It may have seen a tad odd to us but what you said is correct.
He said himself after the game he was thanking them for the atmosphere and not celebrating the result.
He has been critical of the Anfield atmosphere in his first few games so IMO yesterday was a smart move,it may seem unconventional to us but that's just the Klopp way.

Of course fans of other clubs(or one club in particular)are going to jump all over it and have a laugh,but it's just a way to mask how shite their own team may be doing atm.

First thought came into my head was oh oh, culture difference, this type of thing isn't the norm in England.  But, Liverpool like the rest of the premier league have got players from the 4 corners of the globe. So, where does culture come in to it?  The fact it was after a draw made the players a bit reticient.     
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armamike on December 14, 2015, 10:44:02 PM
Quote from: annapr on December 14, 2015, 08:27:12 AM
Quote from: Quagmire on December 13, 2015, 11:57:38 PM
There's alot more interaction with the crowd and players after matches in Germany though, it's pretty commonplace to see things like that going on. There was a clip on Twitter earlier of the Dortmund team in a line like Liverpool in front of their support and the whole place singing Jingle Bells after their match!
I think this more or less is it on a nutshell.
It may have seen a tad odd to us but what you said is correct.
He said himself after the game he was thanking them for the atmosphere and not celebrating the result.
He has been critical of the Anfield atmosphere in his first few games so IMO yesterday was a smart move,it may seem unconventional to us but that's just the Klopp way.

Of course fans of other clubs(or one club in particular)are going to jump all over it and have a laugh,but it's just a way to mask how shite their own team may be doing atm.

First thought came into my head was oh oh, culture difference, this type of thing isn't the norm in England.  But, Liverpool like the rest of the premier league have got players from the 4 corners of the globe. So, where does culture come in to it?  The fact it was after a draw made the players a bit reticient.   

But be fans are not... So the culture of applauding draws isn't a premiership ting.... Played competitively for many years and managed team to Croke park final.... Would never celebrate a draw  .... Would come away raging we never won
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bingo