Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

To leave three Chelsea players unmarked on that goal in the 6th minute of injury time was criminal. Mourinho sides didn't win titles defending like that.

stiffler

16 goals conceded in 9 league games shows exactly what has been utds Achilles heel this season.

Lukaku drawing another blank in a big game must also not be overlooked.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Boycey

Quote from: stiffler on October 20, 2018, 05:59:34 PM
16 goals conceded in 9 league games shows exactly what has been utds Achilles heel this season.

Lukaku drawing another blank in a big game must also not be overlooked.

In fairness to gim, the service to him is practically non existent

gawa316

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 20, 2018, 02:27:09 PM
2-2 Chelsea goal in the 6th minute of injury time awful defending. Some lad on the bench from Chelsea lost the run of himself.

As did Jose...should never have reacted to that fella.

Phil neville was commentating on the channel I was watching and he suggested the Chelsea coach should be sacked...steady on Phil

Boycey

Quote from: gawa316 on October 22, 2018, 08:44:30 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 20, 2018, 02:27:09 PM
2-2 Chelsea goal in the 6th minute of injury time awful defending. Some lad on the bench from Chelsea lost the run of himself.

As did Jose...should never have reacted to that fella.

Phil neville was commentating on the channel I was watching and he suggested the Chelsea coach should be sacked...steady on Phil

Did he f**k lose the run of himself I'd be shocking disappointed if the manager of any team I followed let that go unchallenged..

screenexile

Oh no some lad celebrated a lat minute winner in front of me!!!

Grow up!! What exactly did Jose achieve? Load of auld shite he should know better and it sounds like Chelsea are dealing with the issue so what's the problem?

TabClear

Quote from: screenexile on October 22, 2018, 10:43:30 AM

Grow up!! What exactly did Jose achieve? Load of auld shite he should know better and it sounds like Chelsea are dealing with the issue so what's the problem?

The Chelsea asst coach was a p***k and Mourinho had every right to have a go at him. However, given his various antics over the years he cannot really take the high ground

NAG1

Quote from: TabClear on October 22, 2018, 10:49:15 AM

The Chelsea asst coach was a p***k and Mourinho had every right to have a go at him. However, given his various antics over the years he cannot really take the high ground

Which he admitted in his post game interview he didnt even attempt to take the high ground on it, to be fair to him.

Hopefully the second half performance can lift them over the next few weeks.

Maroon Manc

Gutted with the result, United deserved to win that as we looked danergous everytime we went forward in that 2nd half. Tactically Jose got it spot on apart from Pogba again going to sleep again from a set piece. United concede far too many goals from set pieces given the size of the team. Martial was very wasteful in the 1st half, he got a lot of ball and did nothing with whilst Lukaku was poor for 90 mins although worked harder in the 2nd half. Martial & Mata came alight the 2nd half as did Pogba and United looked a real threat and the makings of a decent team is their. If only we had 2 centre halfs who could keep the ball would make a huge difference.

Boycey

What high ground did he take? Accepted ur man's apology and said that he understood as he had done stupid things at football matches himself. Handled himself well in the post match interviews to despite the BBC and Sky trying to make it an incident about him rather than the Chelsea guy..

While I'm going on Mourinho may be the biggest p***k ever to walk this Earth but ever there was a ground where he deserves respect it's Stamford Bridge, I read some of the journos on Twitter yesterday saying the abuse he received from the Chelsea fans during the game was savage..

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Boycey on October 22, 2018, 11:09:14 AM

What high ground did he take? Accepted ur man's apology and said that he understood as he had done stupid things at football matches himself. Handled himself well in the post match interviews to despite the BBC and Sky trying to make it an incident about him rather than the Chelsea guy..

While I'm going on Mourinho may be the biggest p***k ever to walk this Earth but ever there was a ground where he deserves respect it's Stamford Bridge, I read some of the journos on Twitter yesterday saying the abuse he received from the Chelsea fans during the game was savage..

Can't understand the abuse. Chelseas most successful manager and he didn't jump ship to another club he was sacked.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 22, 2018, 12:32:28 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 22, 2018, 11:09:14 AM

Can't understand the abuse. Chelseas most successful manager and he didn't jump ship to another club he was sacked.

Everyone knows my views on Mourinho but he deserves respect from Chelsea fans.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 22, 2018, 11:02:15 AM
Gutted with the result, United deserved to win that as we looked danergous everytime we went forward in that 2nd half. Tactically Jose got it spot on apart from Pogba again going to sleep again from a set piece. United concede far too many goals from set pieces given the size of the team. Martial was very wasteful in the 1st half, he got a lot of ball and did nothing with whilst Lukaku was poor for 90 mins although worked harder in the 2nd half. Martial & Mata came alight the 2nd half as did Pogba and United looked a real threat and the makings of a decent team is their. If only we had 2 centre halfs who could keep the ball would make a huge difference.

Was he right to go negative when United got ahead and were in the ascendancy? Attack is the best form of defence, a third goal would have sealed it. That's an alien concept to him though.

GJL

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 22, 2018, 03:18:35 PM

Was he right to go negative when United got ahead and were in the ascendancy? Attack is the best form of defence, a third goal would have sealed it. That's an alien concept to him though.

Said exactly the same to a colleague today. Utd of old would of went straight to trying for 3-1. Instead he just tries to close up shop at 2-1. You could see the goal coming too as Utd had their backs to the wall after the changes were made.  :-\

Would of taken a point at half time and maybe even before the game started but at the end it felt like a loss.

magpie seanie

Quote from: GJL on October 22, 2018, 03:20:58 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 22, 2018, 03:18:35 PM

Said exactly the same to a colleague today. Utd of old would of went straight to trying for 3-1. Instead he just tries to close up shop at 2-1. You could see the goal coming too as Utd had their backs to the wall after the changes were made.  :-\

Would of taken a point at half time and maybe even before the game started but at the end it felt like a loss.

Good to see him back trying to do his job anyway rather than downing tools waiting to be sacked.  ::)