Ulster Club SFC 2018

Started by oakleaflad, October 03, 2018, 09:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Cross have a nice mix of young and old on the team.

If the O'Neills can keep their cool they will be serious contenders.

Mourne Red

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 21, 2018, 11:06:00 PM
Quote from: regal on October 21, 2018, 10:01:19 PM
Looks like four evenly matched quarter finals. All hard to call

I wouldn't be ruling out burren

Your have to fancy the winners of Scotstown and Burren to win it outright. Our young lads will give Belfast some wallop this week so they won't be fit to wag. Gweedore will be strong outsiders.

Burren just about got over a Kilcoo B Team in the Down final - I wouldn't see them making much of a dent in Ulster

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Mourne Red on October 22, 2018, 12:44:00 PM

Your have to fancy the winners of Scotstown and Burren to win it outright. Our young lads will give Belfast some wallop this week so they won't be fit to wag. Gweedore will be strong outsiders.

Burren just about got over a Kilcoo B Team in the Down final - I wouldn't see them making much of a dent in Ulster

Where will the Scotstown game be held, in Monaghan, Down or a neutral venue?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on October 22, 2018, 12:45:54 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on October 22, 2018, 12:44:00 PM

Where will the Scotstown game be held, in Monaghan, Down or a neutral venue?

Newry I would imagine as it's a home game for Burren.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 22, 2018, 09:00:22 AM

You're a great msn for playing down Cross's chances haha. Got Kerry blood in you?

It's what Cross men do. In reality the rest in Ulster will be looking over their shoulders with Cross now there and its going to take a very good team to beat them.

bennydorano

Cross best priced 1/2 on oddschecker, Coalisland best priced at 5/2. Attractive odds for Coalisland but hard to know how good Cross really are tbh, it's a new side pretty much. Will likely head over to it, should be a huge crowd - any sign of TG4 saving me a trip?

Dire Ear

Quote from: bennydorano on October 31, 2018, 12:53:35 PM
Cross best priced 1/2 on oddschecker, Coalisland best priced at 5/2. Attractive odds for Coalisland but hard to know how good Cross really are tbh, it's a new side pretty much. Will likely head over to it, should be a huge crowd - any sign of TG4 saving me a trip?
Or Armagh tv?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Dire Ear on October 31, 2018, 02:03:28 PM
Or Armagh tv?

No and no. You'll have to get off your lazy arse Benny and cheer on your fellow county men!  Armagh TV only have rights for Armagh club games.

Coalisland won't be an easy touch and have a good side.  Tyrone teams are rarely beaten easy in Ulster and we are most vulnerable in the early stages of any competition, we only kick on as we get closer to the finals and that's an absolute fact not me being a cute hoor.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 22, 2018, 07:31:57 AM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 22, 2018, 07:14:59 AM
bcb, what are the ages of your starting team yesterday?

Fair spread. 9 would be 25 or younger with 6 of them under 21. The rest would be 28-35. Young McConville who came on is still a minor. Callum Cumiskey is 23. Miceal McCabe is 21. David McKenna 30 I think. Aidan Rushe 25. Still a lot of young men on it.

You can knock a few years off that. Underplaying your chances and now talking your players up as older than they are!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 01, 2018, 09:11:37 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 22, 2018, 07:31:57 AM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 22, 2018, 07:14:59 AM
bcb, what are the ages of your starting team yesterday?

Fair spread. 9 would be 25 or younger with 6 of them under 21. The rest would be 28-35. Young McConville who came on is still a minor. Callum Cumiskey is 23. Miceal McCabe is 21. David McKenna 30 I think. Aidan Rushe 25. Still a lot of young men on it.

You can knock a few years off that. Underplaying your chances and now talking your players up as older than they are!

Ach I'm getting older....it's hard for me to work our who's who never mind what age they are 😂

Redhand Santa

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 31, 2018, 04:54:51 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on October 31, 2018, 02:03:28 PM
Or Armagh tv?

No and no. You'll have to get off your lazy arse Benny and cheer on your fellow county men!  Armagh TV only have rights for Armagh club games.

Coalisland won't be an easy touch and have a good side.  Tyrone teams are rarely beaten easy in Ulster and we are most vulnerable in the early stages of any competition, we only kick on as we get closer to the finals and that's an absolute fact not me being a cute hoor.

Having predicted Cross to lose both the Armagh quarter final and semi final and talking down their chances in the final I sense that despite trying you are actually struggling to give the opposition a chance in this one. Cross have to be favourites here with some great young players. Coalisland will be defensive and make life difficult and there could well be a flash point or two. The biggest problem for Cross will be their forwards getting much less space than in Armagh championship. I still think they have better players than Coalisland and will pull through by 4/5.

God14

Coalisland bucked the trend in Tyrone though, really not that defensive. The individuals in their defense are excellent though, which is where there strength lies.
Cross by 2.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: God14 on November 02, 2018, 10:16:49 AM
Coalisland bucked the trend in Tyrone though, really not that defensive. The individuals in their defense are excellent though, which is where there strength lies.
Cross by 2.

They got plenty of men behind the ball in all their championship games

brokencrossbar1

Very much a game of unknown in my opinion. Coalisland here for the first time in a long time. We have a few who have been there before but theres still a fair smattering of young ones. I know why we are favoured but its not a straight forward case in my opinion. Favorite by reputation more than anything. I still believe Gweedore will come from out side of the draw and the winners of burren and scotstown from the other side with the winners from the other side winning it outright

Insane Bolt

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 02, 2018, 10:45:46 AM
Very much a game of unknown in my opinion. Coalisland here for the first time in a long time. We have a few who have been there before but theres still a fair smattering of young ones. I know why we are favoured but its not a straight forward case in my opinion. Favorite by reputation more than anything. I still believe Gweedore will come from out side of the draw and the winners of burren and scotstown from the other side with the winners from the other side winning it outright

BCB you would have more chance of getting a parking ticket in Coalisland than Burren winning Ulster😜