Rory O'Carroll for New Zealand

Started by The Hill is Blue, January 03, 2016, 04:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

Just heard that Rory O'Carroll will be spending a year in New Zealand and will not be available for Dubs in 2016. That's a big spot to fill on the team.

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

From the Bunker

Not an easy decision to make I'd say for a player playing at the Top with a Top team.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 03, 2016, 05:35:14 PM
Not an easy decision to make I'd say for a player playing at the Top with a Top team.
I imagine fellas with a bit of a wider view must get sick of the limitations of playing at the top level. And then Indiana's 1000 year Reich and all you know that sort of way bud.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tonto1888

heffo

Big loss but he's dead right - playing IC isn't the be all and end all. He's a young man and the break will do him good.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on January 03, 2016, 06:14:30 PM
I imagine fellas with a bit of a wider view must get sick of the limitations of playing at the top level. And then Indiana's 1000 year Reich and all you know that sort of way bud.

Oh yeah, But You can still imagine the pressure that would be on him even after making his own mind up? Fair dues to him for seeing there is more to life than playing football! I can't imagine a Mayo player of the same quality having it as easy to walk away for a year?

Gael85

Quote from: heffo on January 03, 2016, 06:26:33 PM
Big loss but he's dead right - playing IC isn't the be all and end all. He's a young man and the break will do him good.

+1

Amateur player at end of day and his body needs a rest with all the  concussions he had over last few years. A great servant and owes Dublin nothing. Will be impossible to replace him

imtommygunn

Dublin have that much depth they will be able to replace him.

JoG2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 03, 2016, 06:46:37 PM
Dublin have that much depth they will be able to replace him.

And with Dublin having such a large population,  someone who looks identical

heffo

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 03, 2016, 06:28:32 PM

Oh yeah, But You can still imagine the pressure that would be on him even after making his own mind up?

There wasn't any pressure put on him to stay

Lar Naparka

Quote from: heffo on January 03, 2016, 06:58:01 PM

Oh yeah, But You can still imagine the pressure that would be on him even after making his own mind up?

How do you know this?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

heffo

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 03, 2016, 07:31:26 PM

How do you know this?

I would've thought previous posts of mine would have made that clear

From the Bunker

Oh yeah, But You can still imagine the pressure that would be on him even after making his own mind up? Fair dues to him for seeing there is more to life than playing football! I can't imagine a Mayo player of the same quality having it as easy to walk away for a year?

If you say so! There probably wasn't! But even Dublin have players they don't want to lose. (Why Heffo did you remove the rest of my quote.)

seafoid

career wise probably a good move and Dubs won't win this year anyway
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

heffo

Quote from: seafoid on January 03, 2016, 07:39:11 PM
career wise probably a good move and Dubs won't win this year anyway

Dubs post AI hangover year - it's Mayo's this year. Dubs and O'Carroll to win again next year.