Fermanagh v Dublin AIQ/Final

Started by SamFever, July 26, 2015, 11:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teo Lurley

Quote from: mackers on August 06, 2015, 10:44:52 AM
Whilst the money Dublin have is an undoubted advantage I do not buy into this notion that that is why they are where they are at the minute.  They are at the top of the game because they have incredible talents like Connolly, Flynn, Brogan and Cluxton.  They have a window of another 2/3 years before Brogan and Cluxton retire.  After this these guys will have to be replaced.  Dublin will find this just as difficult as Tyrone have in replacing McGuigan, O'Neill, etc. and Armagh did replacing McDonnell, McConville, etc.  They are not Man Utd and able to BUY players of the calibre they have now.  All the money in the world will not help if the replacements for Cluxton, Brogan etc are not at the same level.

Those players were there when they were getting hammered. It was the young lads developed by all of our money that changed things. As they are still getting the 1.5 million annually from us to develop their players, there will always be quality to replace retirees.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 06, 2015, 10:50:07 AM
The two posters above, JOG2 and Leo "don't matter" Turley, embarrassing and ignorant comments. Time to wake up, improve your counties by whatever means possible rather than trying diminish another counties progress and brilliant volunteers at ground level. Dublin underage structures should be followed.

This argument has come up before here thousands of times so nothing will change jealous peoples minds of Dublin. Its like you want an apology that enough people are not born in your county so you can compete.

Again, playing population for the Dublin seniors to pick from is probably divisions 1-3. Please also note that Dublin has the largest per population amateur soccer leagues in Europe.

I worked at ground level in Dublin, if anybody needs assistance with a plan for you county underage structures and development please mail me.

Paid coaches by the bucketful. It's easy to develop players when you have 1.5 million to spend every year. Financial doping is nothing to be proud of.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 06, 2015, 11:17:52 AM
The two posters above, JOG2 and Leo "don't matter" Turley, embarrassing and ignorant comments. Time to wake up, improve your counties by whatever means possible rather than trying diminish another counties progress and brilliant volunteers at ground level. Dublin underage structures should be followed.

This argument has come up before here thousands of times so nothing will change jealous peoples minds of Dublin. Its like you want an apology that enough people are not born in your county so you can compete.

Again, playing population for the Dublin seniors to pick from is probably divisions 1-3. Please also note that Dublin has the largest per population amateur soccer leagues in Europe.

I worked at ground level in Dublin, if anybody needs assistance with a plan for you county underage structures and development please mail me.

Paid coaches by the bucketful. It's easy to develop players when you have 1.5 million to spend every year. Financial doping is nothing to be proud of.
what's the solution?

Teo Lurley

Quote from: Johnnybegood on August 06, 2015, 11:23:52 AM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 06, 2015, 11:17:52 AM

what's the solution?

It's hard to know. How do you reverse a decade of financial doping?

mackers

Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 06, 2015, 11:16:04 AM
Whilst the money Dublin have is an undoubted advantage I do not buy into this notion that that is why they are where they are at the minute.  They are at the top of the game because they have incredible talents like Connolly, Flynn, Brogan and Cluxton.  They have a window of another 2/3 years before Brogan and Cluxton retire.  After this these guys will have to be replaced.  Dublin will find this just as difficult as Tyrone have in replacing McGuigan, O'Neill, etc. and Armagh did replacing McDonnell, McConville, etc.  They are not Man Utd and able to BUY players of the calibre they have now.  All the money in the world will not help if the replacements for Cluxton, Brogan etc are not at the same level.

Those players were there when they were getting hammered. It was the young lads developed by all of our money that changed things. As they are still getting the 1.5 million annually from us to develop their players, there will always be quality to replace retirees.
Don't agree.  From my own county's perspective, McGeeney, McConville, McGrane, Marsden were all there when Tyrone and Derry were lifting us out of it in the mid to late 90s. They matured and learnt their lessons and peaked in the 02-05 era just the same as the Dublin players mentioned are now at the peak of their careers whereas they were learning their trade when they were getting hammered before. 
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

rrhf

You dont reverse it.  We have shown that if we put money into coaching and facilities even perennial underachievers can achieve.  Now we need to level the playing field and resource all counties in terms of youth coaching and adult team preparation the same. 
In 10 years time if theres a more talented group of footballers in Fermanagh than in Dublin - I would want that teams talent to be fit to achieve more than Dublin.  We are not modelled on the premier league with the haves and the have nots. Our goal should be that every kid in Ireland that wants to play GAA has the opportunity to do so at a relatively similar level.  That could take a little time to get to. 

JoG2

I coach underage myself, currently 6 session per week. Along with the other coaches, we put in a tonne of work on and off the pitch under the guidance and coaching structures from Croke Park for nursery (u6) to minor. What is happening in Dublin that is any different to what we're doing? One of my fellow coaches spends 4 days a week in primary schools. The only difference in my county and yours is resources. You lumped me in with Dont Matter, that's your call, though I merely reacted to your advice that other counties should 'follow the Dublin model'. That's fairly arrogant stuff in fairness

Teo Lurley

Quote from: mackers on August 06, 2015, 11:40:38 AM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 06, 2015, 11:16:04 AM

Don't agree.  From my own county's perspective, McGeeney, McConville, McGrane, Marsden were all there when Tyrone and Derry were lifting us out of it in the mid to late 90s. They matured and learnt their lessons and peaked in the 02-05 era just the same as the Dublin players mentioned are now at the peak of their careers whereas they were learning their trade when they were getting hammered before.

You got better players to back up that crew. McDonnell, Clarke, the Mcentees and so on. Dublin didn't have a defence to win an All Ireland, it was the young players developed by our money that bought them a defence. Players like O'Carroll, O'Sullivan, McCarthy. These kind of players will continue to come through as they have the best coaching possible to do so, again, that's paid for by all of us.

The Hill is Blue

It really "don't matter" whether or not Teo is a re-incarnation of another troll but it's very irritating that at about this time every year someone (usually from Laois) comes on polluting every thread with their anti-Dublin bile. The fact is that at the moment Dublin could be rated at best as third in the ranking of All Ireland contenders. So what does that say about the counties that might be ahead of them? Are they also being "doped" with money?

How did the GAA in Laois manage to squander the sparkling underage talent which the county produced during the last decade? What a disgraceful waste.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

The Aristocrat

Quote from: JoG2 on August 06, 2015, 11:50:00 AM

I coach underage myself, currently 6 session per week. Along with the other coaches, we put in a tonne of work on and off the pitch under the guidance and coaching structures from Croke Park for nursery (u6) to minor. What is happening in Dublin that is any different to what we're doing? One of my fellow coaches spends 4 days a week in primary schools. The only difference in my county and yours is resources. You lumped me in with Dont Matter, that's your call, though I merely reacted to your advice that other counties should 'follow the Dublin model'. That's fairly arrogant stuff in fairness

I apologise for that, you make some relevant points. Its the other guy that clearly has an agenda and wont do anything about it other than spout rubbish on here. 

Its difficult, I did the same and im taking a break from it now. I'm not familiar with the underage structures in your county but the coaching instructions are set by the GAA, i.e. go games etc.

One thing that was implemented in a big famous club on the north-side who are known for their footballing exploits!!  ;) was summer evening hurling only camps, something that was never done before in that club, it was usually just the Saturday mini leagues or summer camps mixed sport and fun etc.. The club got together, got volunteers to run it, parents, coaches from the club and you would want to see the explosion of kids doing it now, boys and girls. Small little tweaks to the structure like that can assist in development of players going forward.

The clubs in the Dublin put in the ground work underage, not the DCB. The DCB do an fantastic job and their planning and implementing over the last 10/11 years has been brilliant.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 06, 2015, 12:27:13 PM
It really "don't matter" whether or not Teo is a re-incarnation of another troll but it's very irritating that at about this time every year someone (usually from Laois) comes on polluting every thread with their anti-Dublin bile. The fact is that at the moment Dublin could be rated at best as third in the ranking of All Ireland contenders. So what does that say about the counties that might be ahead of them? Are they also being "doped" with money?

How did the GAA in Laois manage to squander the sparkling underage talent which the county produced during the last decade? What a disgraceful waste.

Where did I type anything anti-Dublin? I've just stated that they have received 1.5 million yearly to develop players with our money, this is a fact. Dubin are favorites for the All Ireland and rightly so, lets be honest here, it'd be kind of embarrassing if they don't win it with all the money they have spent on their team.
If you would like to deal with the facts I raise then that would be great, if you can't then don't make a show of yourself. Good day sir.

Teo Lurley

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 06, 2015, 12:44:49 PM

Where did I type anything anti-Dublin? I've just stated that they have received 1.5 million yearly to develop players with our money, this is a fact. Dubin are favorites for the All Ireland and rightly so, lets be honest here, it'd be kind of embarrassing if they don't win it with all the money they have spent on their team.
If you would like to deal with the facts I raise then that would be great, if you can't then don't make a show of yourself. Good day sir.

How do you explain the disgraceful waste of underage talent in Laois during the last decade?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Teo Lurley

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 06, 2015, 01:02:34 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 06, 2015, 12:44:49 PM

How do you explain the disgraceful waste of underage talent in Laois during the last decade?

Start a thread about it and I'll gladly explain it to you.

Let's get back to the topic at hand and the Dublins financial doping. What do you think should be done about it?

deiseach

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 06, 2015, 12:29:32 PM
I apologise for that, you make some relevant points.

Fair play to you. JoG2 and Teo Lurley are so different they are hardly the same species.