Alan Brogan calls it a day

Started by The Hill is Blue, September 01, 2014, 09:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

Best of luck for the future Alan.

You were a powerful warrior for the Dubs

A great footballer from a great footballing family.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2014/0901/640578-brogan-calls-time-on-dublin-career/
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

squire_in_navy_slacks

One of Dublin's best ever, a true gent and great of the game, hold your head high Alan.

easytiger95

Very hard to remember back to Dublin, pre-Alan Brogan. His emergence on the scene in 2002 was amazing - that full forward line of Brogan, Cosgrove and McNally were a real breath of fresh air and ended the Leinster drought.

Every Dublin manager he played under recognized his class and I was so happy to see him rewarded for all his efforts with a year like 2011.

Wonderful player, we were lucky to see him.

Declan

Alan Brogan ‏@alanbrogan13  · 4m 
Not sure where it came from but I have not retired, my family and teammates will be the first to know that.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: hardstation on September 01, 2014, 10:15:25 AM
About time tbh. He's been done for a couple of years now.
Might want to take the brother with him. He's no interest.

Super player in his day though. Can't see him totally walking away from the panel.

your some ignorant oaf....................hope you drown in puddles of your own shite

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: hardstation on September 01, 2014, 10:24:59 AM
What bit do you disagree with?

He is done,
Bernard has no interest and shouldn't be starting.

Id say you spent your day yesterday pulling your socket off gloating at Dublins loss

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

imtommygunn

It's not. He just put on twitter he hasn't retired.

The power of the internet...

Thisonegoesto11

Super player in his day though. Can't see him totally walking away from the panel.

Stupid thing to hear from a GAA fan. There are not that many class acts in our game and they should all be appreciated.

Thisonegoesto11

Quote from: Declan on September 01, 2014, 10:17:00 AM
Alan Brogan ‏@alanbrogan13  · 4m 
Not sure where it came from but I have not retired, my family and teammates will be the first to know that.

Am hearing that too. Did that come out after the RTE report?

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: hardstation on September 01, 2014, 10:53:45 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 01, 2014, 10:48:27 AM
It's not. He just put on twitter he hasn't retired.

The power of the internet...
I imagine it is true. Brogan just doesn't know it yet.

Show a bit of humility and class, instead of the high and mighty I told you so nonsense..........................the unprofessionalism from the gaa media comes to mind with the shite you are spouting

The Hill is Blue

It would indeed be great news if Alan has not retired. His footballing craft and genius is something that no squad wants to lose.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

rrhf

Quote from: Thisonegoesto11 on September 01, 2014, 10:51:47 AM

Stupid thing to hear from a GAA fan. There are not that many class acts in our game and they should all be appreciated.
Good post.  Antrim man having a go... Get their own city in order...

magpie seanie

Always liked Alan Brogan and from people that I know who have met him in everyday life or otherwise he is supposedly a fierce nice lad. He can be still useful to Dublin though I think his best days are behind him as a player and he probably shouldn't be starting any more. Still ten times the player O'Gara is (how is he even on the Dublin panel???).

Dont Matter

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 01, 2014, 11:50:25 AM
That is completely out of order. Copy yourself on for Jaysus' sake.

Yes Brogan was completely out of order that day. Classless like many Dubs.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn