Kildare V Tyrone QR3 20/07/13

Started by God14, July 15, 2013, 08:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 23, 2013, 03:47:17 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2013, 03:37:28 PM
Not sure there is much evidence to say McGuinness and Horan were obviously going to be outstanding managers. Cian O'Neill would be a fine manager I'd say, he's an intelligent man and a very good coach who has now worked with 3 very good set ups who have all big game experience.

How long before the Cian O'Neill for Kildare takes root? Some journo is probably filing copy already.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/cian-oneill-admits-ambitions-for-kildare-job-29474623.html

;D
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 06, 2013, 11:27:24 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 23, 2013, 03:47:17 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2013, 03:37:28 PM
Not sure there is much evidence to say McGuinness and Horan were obviously going to be outstanding managers. Cian O'Neill would be a fine manager I'd say, he's an intelligent man and a very good coach who has now worked with 3 very good set ups who have all big game experience.

How long before the Cian O'Neill for Kildare takes root? Some journo is probably filing copy already.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/cian-oneill-admits-ambitions-for-kildare-job-29474623.html

;D

It was obvious one in fairness. The timing is very interesting though, just after the Kerry q/f so not a distraction and just before County Meeting and club championship this weekend.

I'd have no problem if McGeeney stepped aside and O'Neill stepped in.

Might be fantasy but a structure like this I would like to see

Senior
O'Neill - Selectors: Lacey Karl Dwyer Mark Brophy

U21
Murphy  - Selectors Lacey, O'Neill, Dermot Finn

Minor

Brendan Hackett - Selectors - Fenin, Cryan, Hendy

Would love to see someone like Ronan Sweeney take on the u16 development squad
#newbridgeornowhere

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 23, 2013, 10:31:58 PM
Quote from: ross matt on July 23, 2013, 09:59:14 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 23, 2013, 02:38:51 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 23, 2013, 02:26:09 PM
Like I said
I suppose its down to Kildare Co board and supporters, are they happy being the 8th-12th best team in Ireland (if even this year) year after year

You only have to look at ourselves and Donegal for a blueprint for being at the top table, remember we lost to Sligo and Longford, Donegal got hammered by Armagh in 2010. Along come two managers with a solid game plan and transformed both teams to where they are now.
Likewise Cavan and Monaghan look like similar candidates from this year, I'm not sure why you have to wait until 2016.
I'm all for things taking time but he has had more than enough chances.

sorry mate you're deluding yourself in you think Mayo are ahead of Kildare. Dublin Kerry Cork they are not. Win an All-Ireland first.

Jaysus Dinny! Normally rate your posts very highly but that one seems very reactionary and unlike you!
Do you really not think Mayo would beat Kildare?
And "win an All Ireland first"????
When have Kildare even got close since '98 as opposed to all Mayo's AI final appearances since?
I would be very confident Mayo would beat the present Kerry or Cork sides. Even though they've beaten the Dubs in Croker in recent times I would put them as slightly behind them this time as AI favourites.
Not at all slagging off Kildare... I'm a Rossie so the Early connection would always steer me to hoping ye do well but at the same time I think you're being at best deluded or at worst disrespectful to a fine, well prepared an ambitious Mayo side.

It's about context Mayo4sam seems to judge McGeeney as a failure with no reference to Kildare's history I.e. 2 Leinsters in almost 60 years. Ignoring provinces Mayo are as far from winning Sam as Kildare, this is based purely using All-Ireland success as the only barometer. They will not beat 2 of Dublin, Kerry, Cork, Tyrone and Donegal and in that insistance they are the same as the other 28 teams. All IMHO of course.

Looks like we'll have to beat three of that quintet
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 19, 2013, 03:51:23 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 23, 2013, 10:31:58 PM
Quote from: ross matt on July 23, 2013, 09:59:14 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 23, 2013, 02:38:51 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 23, 2013, 02:26:09 PM
Like I said
I suppose its down to Kildare Co board and supporters, are they happy being the 8th-12th best team in Ireland (if even this year) year after year

You only have to look at ourselves and Donegal for a blueprint for being at the top table, remember we lost to Sligo and Longford, Donegal got hammered by Armagh in 2010. Along come two managers with a solid game plan and transformed both teams to where they are now.
Likewise Cavan and Monaghan look like similar candidates from this year, I'm not sure why you have to wait until 2016.
I'm all for things taking time but he has had more than enough chances.

sorry mate you're deluding yourself in you think Mayo are ahead of Kildare. Dublin Kerry Cork they are not. Win an All-Ireland first.

Jaysus Dinny! Normally rate your posts very highly but that one seems very reactionary and unlike you!
Do you really not think Mayo would beat Kildare?
And "win an All Ireland first"????
When have Kildare even got close since '98 as opposed to all Mayo's AI final appearances since?
I would be very confident Mayo would beat the present Kerry or Cork sides. Even though they've beaten the Dubs in Croker in recent times I would put them as slightly behind them this time as AI favourites.
Not at all slagging off Kildare... I'm a Rossie so the Early connection would always steer me to hoping ye do well but at the same time I think you're being at best deluded or at worst disrespectful to a fine, well prepared an ambitious Mayo side.

It's about context Mayo4sam seems to judge McGeeney as a failure with no reference to Kildare's history I.e. 2 Leinsters in almost 60 years. Ignoring provinces Mayo are as far from winning Sam as Kildare, this is based purely using All-Ireland success as the only barometer. They will not beat 2 of Dublin, Kerry, Cork, Tyrone and Donegal and in that insistance they are the same as the other 28 teams. All IMHO of course.

Looks like we'll have to beat three of that quintet

I'd worry about beating Tyrone first. Dragging up old debates is not particularly endearing either.
#newbridgeornowhere