TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Quote from: JimStynes on June 24, 2020, 11:07:41 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 24, 2020, 11:05:59 PM

Watched both Series of Das Boot over the past week - real quality  stuff.

Brilliant show. Only started season 2 there and it seems just as good as the first one so far.

Fantastiche.
Thanks for the recommendation.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Main Street

I nearly got to the end of the first season of Fauda,    blurb - "the two-sided story of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict."
I haven't been to Palestine but I don't think I have to in order to get the growing sense of a toxic pile of turd.

Milltown Row2

Finished season one of Condor, not a patch on first season of Homeland but it's got a good flow about it!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2020, 12:26:12 AM
Finished season one of Condor, not a patch on first season of Homeland but it's got a good flow about it!

Finished it Sat night myself, thought from being very promising it fell in a big hole over the last few episodes and finished lamely? Also a few holes in story unless I not concentrating hard enough?

I'll probably stick with it for 2nd series though

lurganblue

Noticed that there is a new series of Last Chance U started at the end of July on Netflix.  Great show.  Hope for more of the same with this new team and coaching staff.

JimStynes

Finished Das Boot season 2 and Defending Jacob. Both very good but I hope they're not planning another season of DJ. Signed up for Apple TV free trial. Not a whole pile on it at the minute.

mayoman dan

Im just finished The man in the high castle on amazon prime.The first 3 seasons were very enjoyable but season 4 tailed off badlyTheres a good story to it and some of the charachters are well done so all in all its a decent watch.But im finished it now and need something new so any suggestions lads???? ....I do like a bit of sci fi or something with a good story.

bennydorano

DEVS was on BBC2 there a couple of months ago, good proper Sci fi, really enjoyed it plus it had Nick Offerman, I could watch Nick in anything.

bennydorano

Watched the plot against America on Sky Atlantic, was good but the Nazi plotlines are coming thick and fast with this, High Castle, Penny Dreadful LA and I happened to watch Band of Brothers and numerous Nazi documentaries during lockdown, so I'm suffering a bit of Nazi fatigue.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on July 23, 2020, 09:55:47 PM
Watched the plot against America on Sky Atlantic, was good but the Nazi plotlines are coming thick and fast with this, High Castle, Penny Dreadful LA and I happened to watch Band of Brothers and numerous Nazi documentaries during lockdown, so I'm suffering a bit of Nazi fatigue.
Avoid Hunters then.

JimStynes

Band of Brothers is probably the greatest show of all time. I never get tired watching it.

BennyCake

BoB started off good but it dragged on after a few episodes

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on July 23, 2020, 10:17:59 PM

Band of Brothers is probably the greatest show of all time. I never get tired watching it.
Love it myself. Watch it every time I catch it on a channel.

armaghniac

I'm watching Washington's Spies on Amazon. I had seen a few episodes of it back a couple of years ago in the US and wanted to see it through. It has the advantage that you know the ending (after 40 episodes) and the British f**k off.

I watched Future Man on Amazon, which is tongue in cheek Science Fiction, a sort of whacky Back to the Future. Not everyone's taste , but entertaining to me.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Quote from: BennyCake on July 23, 2020, 10:27:58 PM
BoB started off good but it dragged on after a few episodes
If you had a few crumbs of cred left, you just lost it all.