The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

I got her at 5s. Thank you Bud. When did you start backing horses Square Ball?

Square Ball

when tips started winning!!!! No i am a once in a blue moon punter, its one vice I dont have.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Lecale2

Quote from: Square Ball on June 03, 2007, 09:29:59 AM
when tips started winning!!!! No i am a once in a blue moon punter, its one vice I dont have.
The only one!

The Real SlimShady

God bless ye Bud! had a few of us on it at 11/2 and made a fair few quid  ;) i owe ye a beer!

maddog

Nice one Bud, 11/2 with William hills. Happy days. 8)

Bud Wiser

See they started cleaning the Spire in O'Connell St. (after demolishing my phone poedestal in the process)

Drove up O'Connell St yesterday and there they had a big Slingbox lowered down over and around the spike and the boyos scrubbing away for €280,000 worth of cleaning. I mention all of this because of a horse I am backing in Naas today.  So there you have it!

The Real SlimShady

ah for fcuk sake, i hate these cryptic yokes...

ONeill

Came last, last time out in Naas?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bud Wiser

The Real SlimShady

cheers bud, had a scan through the paper and thought that was the one but wasnt too sure. any early price for it?

Bud Wiser

When I woke up this morning after watching Ciaran Wheelan walking around Croke Park with his hands on his hips like he was looking for mushrooms and turned on my Paddy Power web page it said "Hi Tom, your balance is 00.00"

So if Sling Back fell over the line on top of his head half an hour after the others I am putting an E/W bet on him today, providing it does not piss rain from the heavens between now and when he is lined up.  Same rules apply, don't come crying to me if ye fall off the wall.

The Real SlimShady

not placed in the 1st 4. ah well, not to worry!

Bud Wiser

I am worried Slim, put my last few bob of the week on it, heard at the last minute that the going was too soft so a disaster all round. I though at one stage he was going to make it up the outside but not to be.  He has to win the next race, he is threathened with the same fate as Manilou, dog meat in an Albert Reynolds tin if he doesn't win for the owners to keep him fed so he will probably end up in a donkey race somewhere in the coming weeks.  Sorry about that

The Real SlimShady

wise up man, its no big deal. sure wasn't it only a fraction of what i got off Manilou  ;)

AZOffaly

Don't be daft Bud. Why would you be apologising to us?? :) Anyway, we'll keep an eye out for him in good ground....