The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Been flat out today lads, probably a good thing, I def would have backed Kia Kaha if I could get out for it...

Cant believe I missed Monets Garden, had told a couple boys about it, its some horse over 2 and a half...

SidelineKick

I've used the "to be placed" part of the betting in PP and it lets you do doubles trebles etc so it can be a good money maker!  Although any short price fav you are looking at 1-8 up to be placed so you still need to take a bit of a chance.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: SidelineKick on December 11, 2008, 02:48:52 PM
I've used the "to be placed" part of the betting in PP and it lets you do doubles trebles etc so it can be a good money maker!  Although any short price fav you are looking at 1-8 up to be placed so you still need to take a bit of a chance.

Check you are getting value though before you do the bet, make sure the place odds is no more than 1/4 the original price...

bigfrank

Mtoto's Prince 3.10 Huntington

33/1 into 12/1,race just off!!Could have a chance :)

Our Nail Loney

Did Ellen Tilley here, my granny was called ellen!!

bigfrank

Good shout Niall:)Great finish!

Our Nail Loney

Happy enough, had 17 loose from my football bet so stuck it on ellen, my run of luck continues!

Our Nail Loney

Stuck some of my winnings on Its Tough here at Taunton, am trying to make up for not having a punt all day now!!

Our Nail Loney

SidelineKick

All in all not a bad week for you Nail! Think I'll wait til weekend before touching anything else.  Unless a good tip comes this way  :D
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

maddog

Mark Johnston sends one horse to Great Leighs tonight, its first time out Flamsteed in the 8.20, stable amongst the winners in the last few days. Probably in around 3/1

maddog

Quote from: maddog on December 11, 2008, 04:39:44 PM
Mark Johnston sends one horse to Great Leighs tonight, its first time out Flamsteed in the 8.20, stable amongst the winners in the last few days. Probably in around 3/1

Ran as green as grass, didnt face the corner well or the kick back from the sand. Beaten a few lengths in the end. One to watch out for next time out.

Our Nail Loney

You weren't alone maddog, I worked late last night and thee was a lot of people in backing the horse...

Cheltenham has passed an inspection today, though there is a further inspection at 10am for the cross country race, which is a shame as it is one of my favourite races to watch I think it is brilliant entertainment... I also want to give myself the task fo picking between Enda Bolgers runners!!

Coverage 12.30 on channel4, I am off so I am gonna study the cards here!

Joxer

You would fancy L'ami today of Bolgers four but you can never rule out Nina either I suppose!

Weapons Amensity in Gowran Park is running at a good price-  Only saying this though and I wouldnt put it as a definate tip-  Worth taking a look at.

My NAP is Loom in the 2.20 at Doncaster.

winsamsoon

Todays lucky 15 lads

Ballyfitz 12:10 cheltenham
Possol 13:55 cheltenham
Honest John 13:10 doncaster
Swiss Art 12:20 Southwell.

I shall have a crack at these lads just for a wee interest. Not great prices but if they win you are playing with the bookies money.  ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.