DUP say Sinn Fein MLA 'informer'

Started by ziggysego, November 21, 2007, 10:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Mr Simpson (left) made the allegations against Mr Molloy (right)

The DUP's David Simpson has claimed that Sinn Fein assembly member Francie Molloy had been working as a police informer for almost 30 years.

The Upper Bann MP used parliamentary privilege to make the allegation in the House of Commons.

He said Mr Molloy was recruited by police in 1979 after being caught in a compromising position and provided information which damaged the IRA.

Mr Molloy, the assembly deputy speaker, rejected the claim as "rubbish".

He said he had nothing to fear from republicans because they knew the allegations were untrue.

He also challenged David Simpson to repeat his allegations outside the House of Commons, where he would not have legal protection for the remarks.

Mr Molloy said: "Unionist death squads in the past never stopped me going about my work representing Sinn Fein and the people who elect me.

"A unionist MP standing up in the British House of Commons will not succeed in this either."

Sourced BBCi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7106679.stm
Testing Accessibility

Carmen Stateside

For what reason was Simpson saying this!

Balboa

Rossfan

Is Simpson opposed to the DUP being in the NEI Executive with SF ?
If so I presume he's trying to create a bit of tension.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Carmen Stateside

Its sure to cause tension,especially round his area!

Square Ball

Quote from: ziggysego on November 21, 2007, 10:06:59 PM
Mr Simpson (left) made the allegations against Mr Molloy (right)

The DUP's David Simpson has claimed that Sinn Fein assembly member Francie Molloy had been working as a police informer for almost 30 years.

The Upper Bann MP used parliamentary privilege to make the allegation in the House of Commons.

He said Mr Molloy was recruited by police in 1979 after being caught in a compromising position and provided information which damaged the IRA.

Mr Molloy, the assembly deputy speaker, rejected the claim as "rubbish".

He said he had nothing to fear from republicans because they knew the allegations were untrue.

He also challenged David Simpson to repeat his allegations outside the House of Commons, where he would not have legal protection for the remarks.

Mr Molloy said: "Unionist death squads in the past never stopped me going about my work representing Sinn Fein and the people who elect me.

"A unionist MP standing up in the British House of Commons will not succeed in this either."

Sourced BBCi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7106679.stm

Is there a bike involved?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

gerry

QuoteBut at the end of the day they are ALL working for the British now.

Never truer words said
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Donagh

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 21, 2007, 10:18:23 PM
Quote from: Balboa on November 21, 2007, 10:16:37 PM
Where is quartermaster Donagh?

Out selling the Republican News.

Nah in the house laughing his balls off at both sets of Brits crashing out in the soccer. Why, what do you want?

sam03/05

I heard this rumour about 10 years ago from several republicans in my area.
I have heard it consistantly from them over the years.

An Fear Rua

This will def affect the sales of coal and slack in South Tyrone..
Its Grim up North

Tyrones own

Shocking to even think this would be true, he was held in a fair high regard
  in the Island and surrounding areas back through the years :o
  Na, couldn't be true......... could it?
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Zapatista

Surely if it were to be true it would suit the long term Unionist agenda for it not to be said? And if it's untrue, it would suit the Unionist agenda for it to be said?

If it were true I'm sure the DUP would get someone with a little more credit than Simpson to say it. This guy Simpson has as much credit on both sides of the community re Republicans as Bertie has re his finance, which is none. However if it suits your agenda you'll defend it.

Donagh

I guess I won't be getting a reply to my question then Balboa? Goodbyeiiee....   :D