Massive Pile Up on the M5 in the UK!

Started by Sandino, November 05, 2011, 10:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandino

The reports available on this sound awful. The death toll is going to be very high. As many as 40 people may have died in this accident. Terrible story that will only get worse as we hear the personal stories. RIP.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Sandino on November 05, 2011, 10:21:43 AM
The reports available on this sound awful. The death toll is going to be very high. As many as 40 people may have died in this accident. Terrible story that will only get worse as we hear the personal stories. RIP.

According to the BBC several have died and 43 injured, not 40 odd killed! 

Tony Baloney

If it was a fireball as reported I'd say the injured aren't in great shape either. Sounds horrible.

imtommygunn

Eye witness videos(not of the crash but the aftermath) are starting to circulate the internet. It looks really bad. Stories are a number of the injuries are "life changing" so even some of the survivors are in bad shape. Bad explosions all round too.

ziggysego

Saw this news break on Sky News last night. Horrific accident. We sort of become desensitised to thee things, but this is beyond any road accident in recent. RIP to the people that lost their lives.
Testing Accessibility

Shamrock Shore

Sounds horrific - I get the impression that people got burned to death in the fireball. Whole families probably wiped out. God help them all.

pintsofguinness

It's a bad enough story without people trying to make it worse with speculation. 

The media reporting has been sick as it is and will undoubtedly get worse. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

imtommygunn

How so POG? I 've not seen much except an internet article.

pintsofguinness

I've tried to avoid most of it but from what I have seen - reports of "life changing" injuries - everyone knows people will be seriously injured, can't we just leave it at that? The only reason they latched on to "life changing" injuries was because they couldn't announce the death toll every 5 minutes. 
Rounding up anyone they can who can describe the horrific detail of the aftermath.  Explosions, fire balls, people lying on the road etc. Reporting members of emergency crews saying it's the "worst ever".
Considering the vehicles involved, we know it's going to be horrific - can't we leave it at that!
It's only a matter of time before they track down some family members and stick a camera in their face until they fall to pieces. 
I understand they will report it but it's the manner in which it's done. I guess it's the same with any incident but spare a thought for the families who lost loved ones and who'll have to listen to all that shite.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?