Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 10, 2018, 12:56:36 PM
Quote from: Thebigdog on August 10, 2018, 06:26:53 AM
Team as expected and rightly so. Conor McCalliskey and Peter Harte have to step it up from last week these two are the more experienced two along with the others who are do ing their bit Donnelly, Cavanagh, McCann, McNamee. I don't think some of these Monaghan players will have experienced or be ready for the intensity that an All Ireland semi final brings. Tyrone by 6-8 points. Come on!

Lol. SouthtyroneGael trying to claw back some respectability with a proper post after making a tit if himself. Funniest thing I have come across on this board

And when assessing it as a serious post, STG just can't avoid his anti Harte bias. Admittedly by some of the standards Skeet has set this year,  he has been quiet of late. However I'd be firmly of the belief that Harte was hugely influential in Ballybofey. Himself and a few others really stepped it up when a championship exit was looming large.

Thebigdog

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on August 10, 2018, 01:03:31 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 10, 2018, 12:56:36 PM
Quote from: Thebigdog on August 10, 2018, 06:26:53 AM
Team as expected and rightly so. Conor McCalliskey and Peter Harte have to step it up from last week these two are the more experienced two along with the others who are do ing their bit Donnelly, Cavanagh, McCann, McNamee. I don't think some of these Monaghan players will have experienced or be ready for the intensity that an All Ireland semi final brings. Tyrone by 6-8 points. Come on!

Lol. SouthtyroneGael trying to claw back some respectability with a proper post after making a tit if himself. Funniest thing I have come across on this board

And when assessing it as a serious post, STG just can't avoid his anti Harte bias. Admittedly by some of the standards Skeet has set this year,  he has been quiet of late. However I'd be firmly of the belief that Harte was hugely influential in Ballybofey. Himself and a few others really stepped it up when a championship exit was looming large.
Idiots on here gonna continue to say myself and south Tyrone Gael are the same person? Do We know each other? Well that's a different question lol. Harte out then, now and next year.

sam03/05

Mickey has fairly shut a few mouths up around the county.
Keeping us at the top table, back in another final.
No doubt the mouths who are so critical and call for his head, won't bother looking a ticket for the big one!

redzone

Ciaran whelean give Harte some praise on the Sunday game. Tactical masterclass and it was.

RedHand88

Great feeling to be in a final. Realised on the way out that for so many young people this will be the first final they see tyrone play in, which is an incredible thought.

Well done Mickey Harte and the players, they've given us so many great days this year and hopefully the last one is the best.

Thank God we got his contract extended.

BennyHarp

Clearly the most important decision taken this year which is probably the key reason why we are sitting in an All Ireland final, was the decision to return to red shorts.
That was never a square ball!!

sensethetone

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 13, 2018, 10:45:37 AM
Clearly the most important decision taken this year which is probably the key reason why we are sitting in an All Ireland final, was the decision to return to red shorts.

Absolutely, was thinking that earlier.

bigtogs

Bursting with pride this morning, Back in an All Ireland final...... Can we win it i don't know .... we will be closer than last year i am confident of that!!

Dire Ear

Gonna need everything to go right for us,  not impossible but unlikely to be honest. Could get to within a couple of points

Thebigdog

We won't beat Dublin simply because we should have been playing this football 5 years ago. Decision making and shooting in the final third erratic. Harte has left it too late to putting more of emphasis on attack. Better late than never I suppose. Need to get Canavan s cub in there for next year.

Dire Ear

But we had the next best thing in today ( don't think Brennan should have started by the way) and it wasn't much of a benefit

LeoMc

Quote from: Thebigdog on August 13, 2018, 12:07:30 PM
We won't beat Dublin simply because we should have been playing this football 5 years ago. Decision making and shooting in the final third erratic. Harte has left it too late to putting more of emphasis on attack. Better late than never I suppose. Need to get Canavan s cub in there for next year.

You are putting a lot of faith in a lad who hasn't played senior club football.

Thebigdog

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 13, 2018, 12:13:06 PM
But we had the next best thing in today ( don't think Brennan should have started by the way) and it wasn't much of a benefit
Agree with that. Lee should have came on. Starting him automatically put pressure on him to deliver. Mc Caliskey played very well yesterday but again needs to settle himself down and maybe look for a better option. Get the ball to Lee in the scoring zone. Harte needs to get more scoring forwards into the panel. This will encourage competition for places.

Dire Ear

Quote from: Thebigdog on August 13, 2018, 01:06:41 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on August 13, 2018, 12:13:06 PM
Agree with that. Lee should have came on. Starting him automatically put pressure on him to deliver. Mc Caliskey played very well yesterday but again needs to settle himself down and maybe look for a better option. Get the ball to Lee in the scoring zone. Harte needs to get more scoring forwards into the panel. This will encourage competition for places.
Missed Meylers runs yesterday.
Not sure we have the scoring forwards required, either on the pitch or the bench, for against the Dubs you'd need to be converting 90% of your chances

GetOverTheBar

Well done Tyrone, didn't think they would get out of the Super 8 group (prior to McBrearty injury) and didn't think they would beat Monaghan yesturday - should have been a lot more comfortable probably than it was considering the misses / drop shorts v lucky enough goal. Must be congratulated on a tremendous run - they have proved a lot of people wrong along the way.

Unfortunately they now face the mammoth task - thinking ahead match up wise, where can Tyrone realistically defeat Dublin lads? I'm struggling to think where Tyrone can get the goals they need to defeat Dublin (assuming they won't score 0-20). I don't think Tyrone can 'keep it tight' v Dublin - arguably they caused them most trouble in Omagh when they had no choice but to go for it, there is a school of thought that Dublin had the game won and just got caught in a game by complacency but did that show the way for Tyrone to approach the final - that said, there's no way I think Mickey Harte doesn't approach this game like the previous encounters, i.e. 15 behind the ball (that is not a criticism)

Are there any mismatches that Tyrone can engineer v Dublin?

Lee Brennan was tamed by Drew Wylie - albeit Wylie is probably one of the most underrated players in Ireland when it comes to ' best in ireland' chat.

Ronan O'Neill has got goals in him, but I don't think he's anywhere near a start. I don't think anyone would right now, start him in a final 15?

Mark Bradley gave Dublin a good test when he came on in Omagh, would Dublin be prepared to sacrifice Cooper on him again? I think he might be the one way through - he's a very impressive player.