The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hardstation on July 18, 2018, 10:59:27 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 18, 2018, 10:49:30 AM
What games are on RTE and Sky this weekend?
Sky - Saturday games - Roscommon & Donegal, Tyrone & Dublin
RTÉ - Sunday games - Kildare & Galway, Monaghan & Kerry

Thanks hs.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 18, 2018, 11:28:02 AM

Thanks hs.

I signed up to Sky sports for a month to view these games. I tried to record the Tyrone and Ros match but it wouldn't let me. RTE games recorded no bother. Do Sky not let you record Sky Sports? Or was this more of a localised issue?

BennyHarp

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 18, 2018, 12:12:20 PM

Thanks hs.

I signed up to Sky sports for a month to view these games. I tried to record the Tyrone and Ros match but it wouldn't let me. RTE games recorded no bother. Do Sky not let you record Sky Sports? Or was this more of a localised issue?

I Sky+ all the games without a problem so they definitely let you record them
That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 18, 2018, 01:02:45 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 18, 2018, 12:12:20 PM

Thanks hs.

I Sky+ all the games without a problem so they definitely let you record them

Cheers

Jinxy

RTE GAA pundits warned personal attacks on players and managers will 'not be tolerated'

In a wide-ranging interview with Gaelic Life, new Head of Sport at RTE Declan McBennett said that the message has been conveyed to all its analysts.

"I Think there is an onus on RTE to be critical but to be conscious of what is being played out in front of you," said McBennett.

"The message that has gone out to all analysts is that there are no personal attacks allowed.

"They can be critical of formats, structures, tactics and systems but they can not be critical in a personalised way of individuals. I have no time for, nor will I tolerate, personal attacks on individuals."

McBennett also emphasised the importance of bringing in younger pundits to reflect their audience.

"If you look at the last couple of weeks, we've had Michael Quinlivan, Cora Staunton, Shane McGrath, Derek McGrath, Michael Meehan in analysing.

"I think the game now is fundamentally different to the game that some of the analysts played."

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/rte-gaa-pundits-warned-personal-attacks-on-players-and-managers-will-not-be-tolerated-37139059.html

Not before time.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Jinxy on July 20, 2018, 07:47:44 PM
RTE GAA pundits warned personal attacks on players and managers will 'not be tolerated'

In a wide-ranging interview with Gaelic Life, new Head of Sport at RTE Declan McBennett said that the message has been conveyed to all its analysts.

"I Think there is an onus on RTE to be critical but to be conscious of what is being played out in front of you," said McBennett.

"The message that has gone out to all analysts is that there are no personal attacks allowed.

"They can be critical of formats, structures, tactics and systems but they can not be critical in a personalised way of individuals. I have no time for, nor will I tolerate, personal attacks on individuals."

McBennett also emphasised the importance of bringing in younger pundits to reflect their audience.

"If you look at the last couple of weeks, we've had Michael Quinlivan, Cora Staunton, Shane McGrath, Derek McGrath, Michael Meehan in analysing.

"I think the game now is fundamentally different to the game that some of the analysts played."

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/rte-gaa-pundits-warned-personal-attacks-on-players-and-managers-will-not-be-tolerated-37139059.html

Not before time.

+1 goes to show the old new Head of Sport at RTE didn't give a shite to what was going on.

RedHand88

This is great to see. Very encouraging. They have been getting their a**** handed to them by sky's gaa coverage for a few years now. Change is needed. I'd say there's a few old hands squirming looking over their shoulder right now.

rrhf

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 20, 2018, 07:51:07 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 20, 2018, 07:47:44 PM

Not before time.

+1 goes to show the old new Head of Sport at RTE didn't give a shite to what was going on.
Yes squeaky bum time for Spillane brolly and o rourke. If at least one doesn't get the shove I'll eat my hat in a manly way. I just hope it doesn't make me puke. So long muthafuckas!!

imtommygunn

Pat spillane is defunct now and he's probably not alone so someone needs to come in and do a good shake up. Also brolly thinks he is untouchable and needs to learn manners. Hopefully this fella will do it.

From the Bunker

Spillane has ridden this gravy train for years. So has O'Rourke! Brolly at least has tried to move outside the box.

RTE has being doing the same with Soccer (bringing in youth). You can see how insightful Damien Duff is in regards Champions League, International Soccer and the Premiership. He knows the modern psychology and Business of the game. In fairness, Brady has been working at the post of Head of Youth Development at Arsenal so he has some insight into the modern game. Giles was shown the road for obvious reasons and Dunphy's time must be near an end?

Jinxy

Colm is dragged down by Spillane and Brolly and away from their nonsense he would flourish.
The panel should be Colm, Cian Ward and Anthony Moyles.
For every game.
Including hurling.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Jinxy on July 21, 2018, 01:05:53 PM
Colm is dragged down by Spillane and Brolly and away from their nonsense he would flourish.
For every game.
Including hurling.

Big Joe Sheridan for the six nations?

seafoid

For every game.
Including hurling.
Ger Loughnane will be onto you, Jinxy. Watch out
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Mayo4Sam

For every game.
Including hurling.

While yer all Meath c***ts Anthony Moyles is top quality
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

RedHand88

Amateur hour at the minute  :P