buck eejits

Started by bloody mary, June 11, 2007, 12:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloody mary

there are some clampits around the country in charge of gaelic teams, you know the type, they let themselves down so much it's embarrassing

this week's prize goes to the coach of Carryduff ladies for a virtuoso performance in Cherryvale at the weekend. This fella is well known for his foghorn voice and for yelling right through every game, and he didn't disappoint. the crowd of about 100 spread around the ground had no choice but to listen to his rantings throughout

but it wasn't just his loud voice, it was the tone. first, he lambasted a linesman for giving a line ball that was correct to everyone except him, even though he was behind the play.

soon after, he berated some poor supporter who dared make a comment. 'you shut your mouth'. Lovely, and ironic given that everyone had to listen to him.

later, he yelled from half-way up the pitch for a square ball decision. When supporters laughed, he waved his hands in the air and shouted something about 'friggin ......... '

I actually felt sorry for his own team and club but then again they obviously let him away with it

The Real SlimShady

got that off yer chest then Mary?!

thejuice

They're like mascots. one in every club. Yep, our club has our very own buck eejit as well. Argues everything, calls officials every name under the sun even if the ref is having a good game. the only ones he'll praise are the ones related to him, unless they have a real brutal game and dis-owns them completely.

comes out with genius quotes every game;

"they're building from the back"
"you should have a (insert colour) jersey on ya ref!"
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Swinging Fiona

The first post here sounds like Joe Kernan

Kernan_is_King

If you are looking for buck eejits, look to the Down management and leave the mighty Joe out of it.
Big Joe - Big Future!

screenmachine

if screen had only one buck eejits we'd be blessed...i'm afraid we have them by the dozen :D ...but at the same time i feel these characters are needed around to cause a bit of banter at games however some people do go a bit ott, especially when underage teams are involved.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Swinging Fiona

Should it not be MASSIVE JOE?

Glensman

Was stood in front of a couple of buck eejits from Derry yesterday who frequently got EVERYTHING wrong on the most biased fashion but the best moment came from a punter down a few rows in front of us.

He shouts out:
"You should get a jersey on you ref"

At least 2/3 second pass and then he realises what he has done
"I mean a Saffron jersey".

One light moment on an otherwise dark day.

Fishead_Sam

Stood on front of one @ the Leitrim V Mayo game last year, other than him the Leitrim folk where dead on, but he really pi55ed me off. Then he started this crap about Mayo people being nothing but Huns when they lost.

David McKeown

Was at a local derby there recently and was standing peside a member of the other teams committee.  Whole way through the match he was effing and blinding at the top of his voice despite the facts there were little kids about and that the ref was gernerally favouring his team.  Not only where the comments ignorant of the rules (comments like two man tackle ref) they were also offensive to the officalls.  With about 5 mins left and his team leading by 5 points my brother gets hit with a bad tackle as hes going down for the ball.  The tackle is such it leaves him with a busted ear and a black eye.  Anyway the guy standing next to me yells out dirty bastard so i turn to him and say your right that was an awful tackle.  The guy retorts I was talking about that dirty diving bastard for Annaghmore.  Having had enough of him at this stage I said watch your toungue thats my brother to which he responded oh your mother must have been so proud raising two dirty c**ts like you.  No place for people like this in the game but unfortunatley every club seems to have them, although they might not all be so bad
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

pintsofguinness

i could write a book on this topic. the biggest knobs at any game can be found beside me! i draw them in.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Pangurban

These So called buck eejis are not colourful characters, they are disgrace to the association and a terrible example to our youth, its time we started banning them instead of just complaining

Pangurban

Hardstation when did i ever suggest we should stop giving money to the Irish language, i merely asked if it could be targeted better. As for banning these buck eejits from our clubs, well after fair warning to clean up their  act, if they still continue to behave unacceptably then i think it is incumbent on that club to take action an ban them. Provision for such a course of action exists within the Official Guide and within the constitution of most clubs. So yes lets stop pussy-footing around the issue and allowing these people to hurl their abuse and foul language within the confines of our Clubs in the presence of children, kick them out. Whats your problem with that

Pangurban

Its like talking to a Brick Wall, another hair trigger response from you,when you clearly have not read the posts you refer too, are you deliberately misrepresenting them.
  !. I gave clear examples of how i think Irish language funding could be better targeted.
  2. Of course i never suggested that people could be banned from attending, that is plainly ridiculous. What i clearly said was that they should be banned from membership of our clubs, or participation in them until they show respect for the ethos of that club ,its members and visitors to the club. I would forsee no real difficulty in banning them from the club ground or social club. County grounds and Croke park would clearly be impracticle to enforce, though they could be ejected by Stewards or Gardai if their behaviour warranted it, though i concede that is unlikely.
I am quite prepared to debate the matter reasonably with you, but if you just want to indulge in a slanging match and respond like one pf the buck-eejits in question, then dont bother .

Pangurban

Well it appears there is more agreement between us than initially appeared to be the case. Every club addresses the problem in their own way, the important thing is it is being addressed. I take your point about bad language being common at games as in life generally,its a sad trait in our society, i still think we should think of the children,and endeavour to discourage it, as we have done with considerable success in my own club.the vast majority of people are happy to co-operate, and see the sense of it, and the parents are very appreciative. We can loudly and enthusiatically support our teams, while appreciating the efforts of opponents and beleagured referees or umpires, and still indulge in a bit of slagging and banter,within reasonable limi ts