Maigh Eo v Doire

Started by Tubberman, June 19, 2017, 08:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

This is the game where OShea should rest - Derry wont present any serious challenge

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: westbound on June 21, 2017, 10:16:01 AM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on June 20, 2017, 09:58:43 PM
Quote from: TheImpactCode on June 20, 2017, 02:58:00 PM
Saturday 1 July
5pm in Castlebar

€80 return on the train from Heuston. Might have to drive.

Any of you Mayo folk have any pointers for a good night out in Castlebar?

Match will be shite.

It's about half that price if you book online irishrail.ie

It is indeed, slightly less than half that. Went to book it for myself and a mate, realised it coincided with the wedding anniversary. Any good shops in Castlebar?

Farrandeelin

Keegan, Caff, Barrett might not start acvording to WJBlog, Higgins definitely won't. It could be closer than people think. By the way, how is Barrett ALWAYS picking up at least one knock a year?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 27, 2017, 11:51:55 AM
Keegan, Caff, Barrett might not start acvording to WJBlog, Higgins definitely won't. It could be closer than people think. By the way, how is Barrett ALWAYS picking up at least one knock a year?

Some players are like that - I'd say every club in Ireland has at least one lad who spends more time on the physios table than on the pitch.

macdanger2

If those injuries rule out those three, I'd go with

Clarke
Harrison Vaughan Newcombe/O'donoghue
Mcloughlin
Duran Coen Boyle
SOS Parsons
Boland DOC Nally
COC Kirby

Crete Boom

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 27, 2017, 11:54:11 PM

Clarke
Mcloughlin
Duran Coen Boyle
SOS Parsons
Boland DOC Nally
COC Kirby

O'Donoghue is gone to the States for the summer I think. Somebody told me himself, Hall and Reape were to head off after the last round of the club championship.

Syferus

Clarke
Mcloughlin
Duran Coen Boyle
SOS Parsons
Boland DOC Nally
COC Kirby

That's the sort of Mayo side that could lose to Derry.

MayoBuck

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 28, 2017, 12:51:19 AM

Clarke
Mcloughlin
Duran Coen Boyle
SOS Parsons
Boland DOC Nally
COC Kirby

O'Donoghue is gone to the States for the summer I think. Somebody told me himself, Hall and Reape were to head off after the last round of the club championship.

Don't think O'Donoghue is gone, he's part of the main squad - not the "development panel". There was a mass exodus of many young club players in the county after the last round of club championship.

Randy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 27, 2017, 11:51:55 AM

I think we will be ok at the back Farr even without the players you mention. We should have enough cover but it will mean that am am wont be able to play as many defenders in the forward line

rosnarun

has caolan Crowe got any run out this year at all . hes listed as a sub almost every game and even to start a few of them  but  I dont ever remember him coming on
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Randy

Quote from: rosnarun on June 28, 2017, 10:29:46 AM
has caolan Crowe got any run out this year at all . hes listed as a sub almost every game and even to start a few of them  but  I dont ever remember him coming on

I remember he came on in Ballina against Sligo IT Ros but he wasn't involved in any of the national league games. We might see him this weekend though if all the stories of injuries are true.

Maroon Manc

I listened to a bit of the Mayo news podcast, I've heard it before and always found Rob Murphy to be very fair and impartial. In fairness the lads on this weeks were good and it was Martin Carney who was the only one talking a bit of nonsense.

Derry are really going to have to produce a performance out of nowhere to give Mayo a game, throughout the league and the game against Tyrone they've shown nothing to suggest their capable of putting a performance together. They did well in the qualifiers last year beating Louth, Meath & Cavan along the way but Mayo would have to be extremely complacent for Derry to have any chance.

There was no comparison in Mayo's lacklustre display against Galway from last year to this years, Mayo's biggest concern is 4 games over 5 weekends with a potential for the 4th game to be against Kerry.

rosnarun

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 28, 2017, 12:29:37 PM
I listened to a bit of the Mayo news podcast, I've heard it before and always found Rob Murphy to be very fair and impartial. In fairness the lads on this weeks were good and it was Martin Carney who was the only one talking a bit of nonsense.

Derry are really going to have to produce a performance out of nowhere to give Mayo a game, throughout the league and the game against Tyrone they've shown nothing to suggest their capable of putting a performance together. They did well in the qualifiers last year beating Louth, Meath & Cavan along the way but Mayo would have to be extremely complacent for Derry to have any chance.

There was no comparison in Mayo's lacklustre display against Galway from last year to this years, Mayo's biggest concern is 4 games over 5 weekends with a potential for the 4th game to be against Kerry.

fairly crap analysis. even with out Willie joe or what ever he calls himself. Very much 'last game' analysts memories like goldfish. I thought it was hilarious when they were describing that mayo had not played well for 2 year . except for the allIreland final and the replay and none of them saw the Irony
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Ballaghman

Quote from: rosnarun on June 28, 2017, 03:46:09 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 28, 2017, 12:29:37 PM

fairly crap analysis. even with out Willie joe or what ever he calls himself. Very much 'last game' analysts memories like goldfish. I thought it was hilarious when they were describing that mayo had not played well for 2 year . except for the allIreland final and the replay and none of them saw the Irony
What did you think about the discussion on kickouts and the goalies? I have a feeling we'll be chatting about it again before the summer is out. We need to change what we're doing and go longer. AOS at 11 would be a great option for giving a 3rd option but is Clarke able to do it is the question. I rate Clarke highly as a keeper but good teams are going to target his kickouts more and more. We're absolutely snookered though because Hennelly won't be trusted again.  So the way I see it it's a case of hoping Clarke improves and keeps working on the kickouts and try and get our best ball winners into the middle 8.

macdanger2

Kirby would also give us an option to go long when the short kickout isn't on